PDA

View Full Version : Saints asking for the moon, want three 1st round picks

motife
04-29-2006, 07:46 AM
49ers | Saints asking price high for No. 2
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:36:02 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the San Francisco 49ers are trying to trade up with the New Orleans Saints to the No. 2 spot in the NFL Draft, but the Saints asking price is high. The Saints are asking the 49ers for their No. 6 pick, plus the extra first-round pick they have at No. 22 and next season's first-round pick.

Jets | Saints asking price high for No. 2
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:35:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are trying to trade up with the New Orleans Saints to the No. 2 spot in the NFL Draft, but the Saints asking price is high. The Saints are asking the Jets for one of two packages, according to an agent who represents one of the draft's top players: The Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29 and their first-round pick next season or the Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29, their second-round pick at No. 35 and their second-round pick next season.

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 07:50 AM
might as well start high and work your way down! I doubt they will get that!

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Screw the Saints. They've sucked for years and will continue to do so with that attitude. Same for the JWalk trade - if they want him for nothing, then let them rot with their injured, expensive QB.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Screw the Saints. They've sucked for years and will continue to do so with that attitude. Same for the JWalk trade - if they want him for nothing, then let them rot with their injured, expensive QB.

I agree; Screw the Saints; although if there is one team I'd like to send Walker to it would be the pathetic Aints.

Another thing; if we don't trade Walker for picks this year, let him sit on his ass and retire and cry. Cause we can franchise him next year and get a first plus if he finds his health.

I've heard rumors the 2nd and 4th; That would be fine by me. Even a high 2nd would be acceptable.

BUT if these teams are lowballing us or trying to trade next years picks let the Javon Whiner suffer in his tears.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm with you Bretsky. All the way. Send JWalk to the Saints, get some picks. And now I have to 'fess up...as the draft looms over us, the truth has hit me: while Ferguson and Davis sound good, in my heart I want the Packers to take Hawk.

Who knew that the NFL draft could be the venue for self-discovery?

Maybe I can resolve my self-esteem issues in the second round.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 08:58 AM
We might offer Walker, our 1st and 2nd....

If we could get Davis I'd rather stay put though. I could't sleep.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Man the way this thing has all ready spun on its head, anything is bound to happen today.

Really getting anythng for Walker on the first day is worth it. Just get him out of Green Bay and forget about it and move on. Hopefully in the future we will have decent enough front office people that will know how to structure a contract.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 09:13 AM
I think the Saints are going to want a little over 3,000 points. I'd say Reggie Bush is a better than average #1 and should draw about 3200 pts.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:19 AM
We might offer Walker, our 1st and 2nd....

If we could get Davis I'd rather stay put though. I could't sleep.

I'd be more than happy to send Walker and our first and maybe a later round pick for the #2. Walker in a sense in another #1 pick assuming he's healthy.