PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE CAVES ON MINICAMP... Is reporting...

packers11
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
pft.com

POSTED 6:23 p.m. EDT, May 16, 2007

FAVRE CAVES ON MINICAMP

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre will report for this weekend's mandatory minicamp. Favre previously had said that he will skip the minicamp due to his daughter's upcoming high school graduation, and because offseason ankle surgery will prevent him from participating in any of the on-field sessions.

But a team spokesman said earlier this week that coach Mike McCarthy regards the camp as mandatory since, you know, it is. Mandatory, that is.

Per Mort, Brett has had a change of heart, and will make the trek from Missisippi to Wisconsin.

We score the round 10-9, Packers.

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
With a private jet, he can go and be home for supper. :lol:

]{ilr]3
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Its good he will be there and he should be there.

He has earned any and all rights to train on his own, I just think its whats best for the team right now.

Rastak
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Man, this guy is all over the board this offseason. You either are or are not reporting to mini-camp. Geez, decide and stick with it.

Bretsky
05-16-2007, 06:19 PM
ah who cares

I sure wish we had some news, any news.

Scott Campbell
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I want to be traded. I don't want to be traded.
I'm not coming to camp. I am coming to camp.

Brett has Al Gore disease.

Rastak
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I wonder if he was hoping they'd just excuse after he made the statement and when they didn't blink he said "aw shit" and told his wife, I'm heading for %$%^ Green Bay this weekend.

Kiwon
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM

What? A food allergy?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/MarkLevinFan/gore.jpg

RashanGary
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Dianna and Diva can celebrate their daughters graduation next week.

I am Brettney, hear me roar and I am stomping through that door.
No, I don't want to take no shit from Ted.

Oh crap, the media is going off.
I look like a whiney girl
I better make it back to camp next week.

I am Brettney

And yes, I will chear for Brettney if he does well. I am a Pakcer fan after all. I jsut think he's a pampered, Diva athlete and he thinks he can say and do whatever he wants. GB takes it. The national media tears him up over it.

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM

I am Brettney

And yes, I will chear for Brettney if he does well. I am a Pakcer fan after all. I jsut think he's a pampered, Diva athlete and he thinks he can say and do whatever he wants. GB takes it. The national media tears him up over it.

What????

Packnut
05-16-2007, 07:01 PM

I am Brettney

Damn your really funny (insert sarcasm here)

Packgator
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM

Good one!

BallHawk
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Glad this didn't get uglier then it needed to be....

gbpackfan
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM

In Favre's defense, a lot of the information out there is coming from "sources" and not Favre himself.

Also, Favre's daughter IS NOT graduating this weekend. He said he is preparing for her graduation which is going to occur in two weeks. He'll be able to see his little girl graduate, don't you worry.

Freak Out
05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

This just in! Favre goes to the homestore and buys a new mower blade and tells the media that he IS NOT GOING TO MINI CAMP! He has decided to cut the grass instead.

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Not only is he going....................

Brett Favre will attend the Green Bay Packers minincamp this weekend, after all, according to his agent. Not only will he report on Friday but he expects to participate in all practices, despite having ankle surgery this offseason.

"Brett's going to camp because it's the right thing to do ... he's going up there for his teammates, to check out some of the new guys and he expects to do everything everybody else does," said Bus Cook, Favre's agent.

BooHoo
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
All of this media stuff is bad for TT. It paints him a bad light. It won't hurt Favre who is retiring soon anyway.

MadtownPacker
05-16-2007, 08:23 PM
All of this media stuff is bad for TT. It paints him a bad light. It won't hurt Favre who is retiring soon anyway.If we dont see 6+ wins this season TT might get "retired" before Favre.

Rastak
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
All of this media stuff is bad for TT. It paints him a bad light. It won't hurt Favre who is retiring soon anyway.If we dont see 6+ wins this season TT might get "retired" before Favre.

I agree, but if that happens it might be a package deal.....not that I'm talking too much shit....my boys have a couple BIG question marks this year.

prsnfoto
05-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Not only is he going....................

Brett Favre will attend the Green Bay Packers minincamp this weekend, after all, according to his agent. Not only will he report on Friday but he expects to participate in all practices, despite having ankle surgery this offseason.

"Brett's going to camp because it's the right thing to do ... he's going up there for his teammates, to check out some of the new guys and he expects to do everything everybody else does," said Bus Cook, Favre's agent.

Two things,
1. They can cut either Babbs or Thompson(either one) :D

2.This is a good thing Brett can break at least 20 fingers on the new rookies letting them know where they stand. :twisted:

prsnfoto
05-16-2007, 08:45 PM

I am Brettney

Hoping you are trying to be funny else you are a douche. One thing is for sure Brett is no girl and I hope your sig can be as tough and durable cause in my book that pick defines TT's life.

Partial
05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Considering the graduation is the next week and the graduation parties won't be until after graduation (not that the parents go to any other than their childs and maybe a very close friends of the child), I think its good he is reporting.

I think he was using that as an excuse because he didn't want to go. In his defense, I wouldn't want to go either. But, I would suck it up and do it. Good thing Brett is doing the same.

RashanGary
05-16-2007, 09:03 PM
All of this media stuff is bad for TT. It paints him a bad light. It won't hurt Favre who is retiring soon anyway.

Have you listened to ESPN or talk radio lately? Thompson looks like the good guy to everyone except Steve Young and 2/3rds of the Packer fans.

oregonpackfan
05-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I wonder if Brett is inviting Mark Chmura to Brittney's graduation party...

RashanGary
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Yeah, he can hang out in the hot tub when the adults go to sleep :roll:

Packnut
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Have you listened to ESPN or talk radio lately? Thompson looks like the good guy to everyone except Steve Young and 2/3rds of the Packer fans.

I watch a lot of NFL network and more than once I've heard at least 3 different people say TT should have given Favre more to work with. The only ones knocking Favre are the people that have been taking shots at him all along and who were calling for his retirement 2 seasons ago. More times than not, the minority opinion is wrong, that's why it's the MINORITY opinion.........

LL2
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't care what way you look at it. Favre's perspectives, TT's point of view, or Steve Youngs' 2 cents. All of this crap is starting to get annoying.

b bulldog
05-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Annoying it is but Brett is really getting bashed nationaly. TT is said to be in a no win situation. I'll be happy when this is all over!

Deputy Nutz
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I guess I wanna know why Favre can't bitch and complain a little bit? Ever since he has been in Green Bay the Management for the Packers have failed almost every single year to give Favre some viable options to work with. The one year was when Ron Wolf was able to bring Keith Jackson into the fold and then go out an pick up Andre "bad Moon" Rison to win the fucking Super Bowl. Ever since then he has gotten the shaft. Like Jake Taylor said in the infamous movie Major League, "This is my last shot at a winner, and for some of these kids, their only shot!"

I feel for Favre, I mean we as Packer fans have had the honor to have this unbelievable competitor play for our team, and all we can show for it is one Super Bowl. Ron Wolf has said that was one of his biggest disappointments as a GM, and Sherman and Thompson should feel the same way.

Freak Out
05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I guess I wanna know why Favre can't bitch and complain a little bit? Ever since he has been in Green Bay the Management for the Packers have failed almost every single year to give Favre some viable options to work with. The one year was when Ron Wolf was able to bring Keith Jackson into the fold and then go out an pick up Andre "bad Moon" Rison to win the fucking Super Bowl. Ever since then he has gotten the shaft. Like Jake Taylor said in the infamous movie Major League, "This is my last shot at a winner, and for some of these kids, their only shot!"

I feel for Favre, I mean we as Packer fans have had the honor to have this unbelievable competitor play for our team, and all we can show for it is one Super Bowl. Ron Wolf has said that was one of his biggest disappointments as a GM, and Sherman and Thompson should feel the same way.

Bingo was his name-o. Fuckin-a nutz.

BradStrand
05-16-2007, 11:12 PM

Thompson should feel disappointed if GB doesnt have a top 10 defense this season. Brett Favres last legit shot at another ring ended in Philly, on Mike Shermans watch.

GrnBay007
05-16-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't care what way you look at it. Favre's perspectives, TT's point of view, or Steve Youngs' 2 cents. All of this crap is starting to get annoying.

Agree!!

GrnBay007
05-16-2007, 11:52 PM
I guess I wanna know why Favre can't bitch and complain a little bit?

Exactly. The guy vented....he's done, let it go!!

Kiwon
05-17-2007, 03:25 AM

Ohhhhhhh..... "Judges, deduct one point from the red corner for a low blow." :)

cpk1994
05-17-2007, 06:56 AM

Uhh, I hate to break it to you, but it already hurt Favre. It has already painted Brett in a bad light, or have you missed this board the last few days?

cpk1994
05-17-2007, 06:59 AM

He can bitch and moan. Just grow a set and do it to TT's face instead of running off to the media like a tantrum throwing, whinly little girl.

pbmax
05-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Jackson was pure genius, but Rison was a drop dead had no other choice. He spent his half the season on the team running routes from the Falcons, Browns and Jaguars. Rison's TD in the Super Bowl was on a nod wink audible from Favre just like he used with Freeman when they found single-coverage.

I am glad Brett is attending and I hope they keep him away from the media, since I suspect that was the reason for his not wanting to go.

And I think McCarthy deserves kudos for handling this low key. He gave about the quietest public hint you could that a player can't choose to excuse himself from the one mandatory mini-camp and then kept his trap shut. No appearances, didn't repeat himself.

Good for trhe coach. After last year's offseason Al Harris/Woodson OTA daily foot in mouth-a-thon, I think he's wising up. Good job from him.

pbmax
05-17-2007, 07:32 AM
My favorite Rison story from that year was from Holmgren. He said before a playoff game (I think) that Reggie came to him and asked for the coach to let Andre speak to the team.

Holmgren thought Reggie had lost his mind or was part of a practical joke. You could still see the panic he felt even just retelling the story. Good stuff. :lol:

Bretsky
05-17-2007, 07:36 AM

He can bitch and moan. Just grow a set and do it to TT's face instead of running off to the media like a tantrum throwing, whinly little girl.

On one hand that's fair

On the other hand he may have been already grown a set and went to TT for a long time asking for more playmakers

Chevelle2
05-17-2007, 07:53 AM
My favorite Rison story from that year was from Holmgren. He said before a playoff game (I think) that Reggie came to him and asked for the coach to let Andre speak to the team.

Holmgren thought Reggie had lost his mind or was part of a practical joke. You could still see the panic he felt even just retelling the story. Good stuff. :lol:

LOL, I heard that he gave a really emotional speech before the SB about how he was very greatfull for how they accepted him to the team, and how he was going to make the most of this oppurtuninty and thanked them for everything. He even teard up. Then he went into a tirade about how they were gonna "fucking kick their asses and beat the shit out of them etc" LOL.

Is is true that he threw his SB ring in the Fox River after they didnt resign him?

packinpatland
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
He can bitch and moan. Just grow a set and do it to TT's face instead of running off to the media like a tantrum throwing, whinly little girl

Grow a set????? Little girl?????
Grow up. :roll:

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM

I am Brettney

Have another drink !!