PDA

View Full Version : Quicker NFL Draft In Prime Time?

Joemailman
05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflinsider/2007/05/first_round_of_draft_could_be.html

First Round of Draft Could Be Shortened

NFL officials are considering reducing the amount of time allotted to each team to make its first-round selection during the draft, a league source said this morning.

Currently, each club is given 15 minutes to make its first-round pick. It's possible that will be reduced to 10 minutes. Last month's draft contained the longest first round in history, at 6 hours 8 minutes.

The measure could be discussed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the franchise owners during a one-day meeting in Nashville on Tuesday. There have been reports that if the first round is shortened, it's possible that it eventually could be moved to prime time Friday night.

The owners also are to select a host for the 2011 Super Bowl during Tuesday's meeting. Dallas and Indianapolis are considered the favorites; Phoenix also has submitted a bid.

By Mark Maske | May 17, 2007; 9:52 AM ET | Category: League

Finally, a little consideration for those of us who have to work Saturdays!

]{ilr]3
05-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I am all for it. I have really enjoyed the first day these last few years. My only compliant would be that the 1st round takes too long. Primetime and quicker rounds? Win Win :)

oregonpackfan
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I also agree with shortening the draft. Taking 6 hours to get through the first round is absurd.

packers11
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
6 hours of eating food... I thought I was going to need surgery after to clear my stomach, I couldn't get up and walk... Other than that it was fun until the packers pick came up :lol: