PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated NFL player

packers11
05-17-2007, 03:23 PM
This question may have already been brought up, but id like to bring it up again :) ...

SI Players Poll
[Based on a survey of 361 NFL players]
Posted: Tuesday October 24, 2006 2:34PM; Updated: Monday October 30, 2006 4:30PM

Terrell Owens, Cowboys.....10%
Brian Urlacher, Bears.....8%
Ray Lewis, Ravens.....7%
Michael Vick, Falcons.....7%
Eli Manning, Giants.....4%
Keyshawn Johnson, Panthers.....4%
Peyton Manning, Colts.....4%
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers.....3%
Charles Woodson, Packers.....3%
Warren Sapp, Raiders.....3%

PS : I had to take ELI,Big Ben, and Sapp out of the poll because it won't fit...

packers11
05-17-2007, 03:30 PM
and to think they traded Matt Schaub... They must be hitting their heads against a wall... :bang:

I hope he turns out to be good so they can regret giving away two good quarterbacks in each decade... ironic huh? :)

THEY WILL NEVER TRADE AWAY another one if he turns out to be above average... :lol:

Merlin
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
How could it NOT be Vick? People are always whining about the media sniffing Favre's jock, that goes 100 times more for Vick. He gets a pass on EVERYTHING! Including his anemic passing skills.

BF4MVP
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Michael Vick SHOULD win in a landslide...At least our posters know how to vote..

I can't believe Woodson got 3 percent on the SI poll...He picked off 8 passes and didn't make the pro bowl...How is that overrated?

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2007, 03:38 PM
How could you take Eli Manning out of the poll?

I would have taken Peyton (because he is good) or Keyshawn Johnson (because nobody thinks he's that good anymore) out of the poll.

packers11
05-17-2007, 03:40 PM

I would have taken Peyton (because he is good) or Keyshawn Johnson (because nobody thinks he's that good anymore) out of the poll.

I did take Keyshawn out, and I kept Peyton in because many people says he has the BEST o-line and WRS in the game... A lot of people are calling eli a bust/bad anyway... :lol:

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Easy.

Michael Vick. Outrageously overrated.

Merlin
05-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Next o Vick should be Peyton IMO. Any team that gets pressure on him and he folds. He did in the Super Bowl. Sure, he completed a lot of passes, to the check downs. He ran away from his own fumble even though he was in the best position to recover it and later in the game when he tried to go down the field he got picked off. I wonder what would happen to him without the players he has around him? It was obvious in the Super Bowl he is no MVP. He can't scramble and if he has to make a pressure throw, it's usually fugly.

Favre does his best when he can improvise. It's when he sits back there all day and tries to force something that worries me.

MTPackerfan
05-17-2007, 05:38 PM
michael vick without a doubt

packinpatland
05-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Maybe Randy Moss? The Patriots seem to think he's the 'second coming'. :)

BallHawk
05-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Michael Vick, without question. Can't pass, doesn't have a good understanding of NFL Defenses, is a complete jerk, etc. Oh, and he hasn't made a Super Bowl.

Bretsky
05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Eli Manning

Joemailman
05-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Eli Manning

Chris Chambers. :twisted: :taunt:

Bretsky
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Eli Manning

Chris Chambers. :twisted: :taunt:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

b bulldog
05-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Eli Manning would be up there along with Vick and Reggie Bush.

BallHawk
05-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Eli Manning would be up there along with Vick and Reggie Bush.

Eli isn't at the point where he is "overrated." He isn't good enough to be rated, either way.

Bush has been in the league one year and he looked good. I do think his aura is stretched a bit, but he's got great athleticism and can break open a game. (Ugh, I sounded like Mel Kiper there.....Damn him....)

packers11
05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
vick DOMINATING the polls...

oregonpackfan
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Absolutely, Michael is overrated. He is a talented tailback trying to play quarterback.

Guiness
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
My vote would normally be Vick - I've been complaining about him for years (honestly), but right now, it's http://www.bmts.com/~g-dog/beatdeadhorse5.gif

From the remaining list, I'd say Williams. I might've gone with Big Ben if he'd been there.

BTW I don't agree with Eli - I don't think he's highly rated, so he can't be overrated.

packers11
05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/StreetCred/2007/05/22/The_Most_Overrated_and_Underrated_Players_in_the_N FL

brand new : OVERRATED/UNDERRATED

Two packers in the underrated! One made the overrated list :oops:

Underrated: Donald Driver (Packers) - I'm not saying Donald Driver is in the Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, or Chad Johnson class. Donald Driver's problem is that he has played in the shadow of Brett Favre and Ahman Green. He has been a great player on a bad team the last couple of seasons. What people need to realize is that this receiver has had four 1,000 yard seasons in the last five. He has had three straight 1,200 yard seasons. He has had three straight seasons with over 80 receptions. His has yet to crack the 10 touchdown mark, although he has two seasons with 9 touchdowns. However with Green banged up the last few seasons, and no threat opposite of him since Javon Walker left, he has been the only good option in the offense. If Green Bay's running game can improve this year, and Jennings develops into a solid number two, Donald Driver should be able to do even bigger things this year.

Underrated: Mark Tauscher (Packers) - He is just a very solid player ever since he was drafted. Started in 2000 as a seventh round pick. From 2002 to 2004, many people considered the Packers and the Chiefs to have the best offensive lines in football. He rarely jumps offside, and is hardly ever called for holding. He is effective both as a run blocker and pass blocker. However, he has never made a Pro Bowl. When people think of great tackles, Mark Tauscher is far from the top of most people's list. However, he has been a solid part of the solid Green Bay Packer offensive line the last 8 seasons.

Overrated: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (Packers) - He is probably one of the more famous names on the Packer's defense. Has a cool nickname in KGB. Anyone that has watched him play in Green Bay regrets the day the Packers gave him $39 million dollars. From 2001 to 2004 he at least registered double digit sack totals. It at least made it bearable when he was getting run over. The last two years he has 8 sacks and 6 sacks. He is a liability against the run, and not sacking the quarterback enough to justify it. The Packers had to move Jenkins to defense end on running situations to stop the onslaught teams were mounting toward KGB on running downs. He is a good situational pass rusher, who many people thought of as an every down defensive lineman. I have heard so many experts say he would be more effective if he had help on the other side. Reggie White got his teammates at least 10 extra sacks a season, just because teams were concentrating on him. I have never seen KGB make anyone better on his team.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2007, 11:58 PM
From the remaining list, I'd say Williams. I might've gone with Big Ben if he'd been there.

BTW I don't agree with Eli - I don't think he's highly rated, so he can't be overrated.

If you think it's Williams, then vote for him. My vote is lonely.
:D

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I said Vick. I don't think he'll ever live up to his media hype.

Randall Cunningham made a big media splash when he came along years ago, but there was real substance there. Vick has yet to demonstrate that he can remain healthy and do everything an elite quarterback is expected to do.

His character issues also continue to tarnish his image. He needs to put up some good numbers this year or I expect that there will be growing pressure on the Falcons to part ways with him. He may sell tickets in Atlanta, but ultimately the team has to win on the field.

Partial
05-26-2007, 12:24 AM

My sentiments exactly. Eli is overrated.

Partial
05-26-2007, 12:26 AM

If you think it's Williams, then vote for him. My vote is lonely.
:D

Did you vote for RW? I did.