PDA

View Full Version : ESPN OFFSEASON POWER RANKING

packers11
05-17-2007, 03:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=0

5 Bears 13-3-0 Lance Briggs is unhappy. Cedric Benson is unproven. And Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The good news is the Bears are still in the NFC North.

24 Packers 8-8-0 Justin Harrell may be a good player, but why not get Brett Favre some playmakers instead of supplementing a defense that returns 11 starters

25 Vikings 6-10-0 Adrian Peterson is the kind of player who can turn a franchise around. He'll make QB Tarvaris Jackson that much better and by the end of the year, this may be the best offense in the NFC North.

30 Lions 3-13-0 Greatest Show on Turf, Part II? With WRs Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Calvin Johnson, Mike Martz must be having flashbacks to his days in St. Louis.

packers11
05-17-2007, 03:28 PM
haha good joke ESPN ... #5... so what were you guys smoking when you made this???

wist43
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Hell, I didn't even have the Bears in the top 5 when they teed it up in the SB...

Ahead them I'd put, in no particular order:
San Diego
INDY
New England
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Cinncinnati
Jets
Denver
Seattle

BallHawk
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
The Cowboys at #9 is a joke.

I'd say we're better than....

BUF
AZ
TEN
ATL
SF

That'd put us in the Top 20, which is where we belong.

Joemailman
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=0

5 Bears 13-3-0 Lance Briggs is unhappy. Cedric Benson is unproven. And Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The good news is the Bears are still in the NFC North.

24 Packers 8-8-0 Justin Harrell may be a good player, but why not get Brett Favre some playmakers instead of supplementing a defense that returns 11 starters.

25 Vikings 6-10-0 Adrian Peterson is the kind of player who can turn a franchise around. He'll make QB Tarvaris Jackson that much better and by the end of the year, this may be the best offense in the NFC North.

30 Lions 3-13-0 Greatest Show on Turf, Part II? With WRs Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Calvin Johnson, Mike Martz must be having flashbacks to his days in St. Louis.

It's funny how these people think the 1st round pick is the only one that matters. Thompson drafted offense on rounds 2,3 and 4, but that gets iignored.

Packnut
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM

BUF
AZ
TEN
ATL
SF

Better than Buffalo and Tenn. Even with AZ and Atlanta and with all the moves SF made, they are much better than us. Up for a little wager? Nothing big, just a small one, say $25 on who finishes with a better record with you taking GB and I'll take SF.

RashanGary
05-17-2007, 07:10 PM
1 (3) Patriots 12-4-0 Just one minute away from a trip to the Super Bowl, the Patriots were arguably the NFL's most active team this offseason, adding big-ticket items such as Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas.

2 (4) Colts 12-4-0 What, the Pats sign a receiver or two and everyone forgets about the defending Super Bowl champs? Fine. But let's see Randy Moss or Tom Brady do better than Peyton did on "Saturday Night Live."

3 (1) Chargers 14-2-0 Weird offseason for the Chargers. They're clearly one of the NFL's most talented teams and will be there in the postseason. But the way their season ended and the firing of Marty Schottenheimer has created some negative feelings.

4 (2) Ravens 13-3-0 If he's healthy, Willis McGahee is going to be a stud in Baltimore and will give the running game a boost over Jamal Lewis.

5 (5) Bears 13-3-0 Lance Briggs is unhappy. Cedric Benson is unproven. And Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman. The good news is the Bears are still in the NFC North.

6 (6) Saints 10-6-0 A great offense added another weapon with first-round WR Robert Meachem. The Saints strengthened their secondary, but there are still concerns about a defense that couldn't stop the run last year.

7 (12) Broncos 9-7-0 After a disappointing end to the 2006 season, the Broncos were extremely busy this offseason, adding impact starters in TE Daniel Graham, RB Travis Henry and CB Dre' Bly. Denver should push the Chargers in the AFC West.

8 (7) Eagles 10-6-0 We can sort of understand why Donovan McNabb would be confused by the drafting of Kevin Kolb. But at the same time, should a franchise QB really be that concerned about a rookie second-round pick?

I'd throw the Jaguars in at #9 and then I think we can complete with the rest of the league if a few things shake out for us. I'm not convinced we're nto a playoff team. If Hawk makes a big leap from good player to probowler and we have big improvements from the other young guys we could be there with anyone. I think we're pretty good but we're a big step down from NE, INDY and SD.

BallHawk
05-17-2007, 07:14 PM

BUF
AZ
TEN
ATL
SF

Better than Buffalo and Tenn. Even with AZ and Atlanta and with all the moves SF made, they are much better than us. Up for a little wager? Nothing big, just a small one, say $25 on who finishes with a better record with you taking GB and I'll take SF.

Let me see how training camp plays out and then maybe you've got a bet.

Packnut
05-17-2007, 07:51 PM

BUF
AZ
TEN
ATL
SF

Let me see how training camp plays out and then maybe you've got a bet.

Fair enough. We'll re-visit this after the last pre-season game.

RashanGary
05-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I'll bet you packnut.

If I win, you put "From 4-12 to (whatever our record is) in three years, thanks to Ted Thompson"

If you win, I'll put "from playoff regulars to cellar dwellers thanks to Ted Thompson"

Something like that. We'd have to keep it for a year. Also, If I win, I chose your avitar, if you win you choose my avatar.

RashanGary
05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Better yet, if you win you choose my sig and avatar and if I win I choose yours. There is no limit to what it is :)

Bretsky
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I'll bet you packnut.

If I win, you put "From 4-12 to (whatever our record is) in three years, thanks to Ted Thompson"

If you win, I'll put "from playoff regulars to cellar dwellers thanks to Ted Thompson"

Something like that. We'd have to keep it for a year. Also, If I win, I chose your avitar, if you win you choose my avatar.

We should have made this stuff our playoff bet !! awesome

RashanGary
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM

What was our playoff bet again?

SD GB fan
05-17-2007, 08:26 PM
i love how most people are handing the patriots the top seed. a few trades and FA pick up seem to persuade everyone. the colts have been quite this off season but everyone seems to forget that they are the SB champs. sure, their LB corp and corner is gone but since when has the colts defense been feared? Freeney and Bob sanders are the only two key players on that defense anyway. their offense is still scary as hell and its probably improved with a new WR.

Packnut
05-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I'll bet you packnut.

Ok, we'll work out the details after the last pre-season game. Damn, risking my girls is high stakes! :cry:

Bretsky
05-18-2007, 06:22 AM

What was our playoff bet again?

2 Beers

RashanGary
05-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Oh yeah, I ddn't remember taht you acctually took teh bet.

Geeze, I've got a lot on these Packers. I bet 10 bucks taht they would go 8-8 lst year. I got pretty lucky. HOpefully the luck stays with me

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah, I ddn't remember taht you acctually took teh bet.

Geeze, I've got a lot on these Packers. I bet 10 bucks taht they would go 8-8 lst year. I got pretty lucky. HOpefully the luck stays with me

It's not luck. They're a good team. Everyones just writing them off because save a couple guys they're very young.

FritzDontBlitz
05-19-2007, 08:44 PM
OFFSEASON power rankings?????

thats like measuring a car's fuel efficiency while its parked in the garage.... :roll:

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 08:45 PM
This isn't even the first one this offseason.

retailguy
05-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I'll bet you packnut.

You change packnut's avatar, and you are a dead man. :x

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I'll bet you packnut.

You change packnut's avatar, and you are a dead man. :x

I'll loan him fifi... :taunt:

BallHawk
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Damn, that's a bet I should of taken.

JH, you ever end up making that bet with Packnut?

HarveyWallbangers
11-06-2007, 02:14 PM
That is funny. How ludicrous does that look now?

San Fran = 2-6
Green Bay = 7-1

Of course, Thompson is just lucky. Year 2 of the rebuilding plan looks damn good.

woodbuck27
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM

San Fran = 2-6
Green Bay = 7-1

Of course, Thompson is just lucky. Year 2 of the rebuilding plan looks damn good.

FOR GOD'S SAKE BITE MY TONGUE BUT NO . . . .

WHAT HAS TT really DONE THAT CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO OVERSHADOWING THE MAIN REASON WE ARE 7-1 AND THE MAN TT did his level best to run out of Green Bay?

TT did Dick all this off season that in any way shape or manner looks good on our team and i defy any member of this Forum to dispute that.

I am certainly pleased with the skills of our kicker Mason Crosby but after that it has to be James Jones and then what?

If he shows us the parts to get Randy Moss where are the Pats and arn't we above or closer to the Cowboys.They are today about 6.5 -7 Pts. favourites to beat us later in this season.

Doesn't Randy Moss do a lot to neutralize T.O. who by the way (all you detractors of his skills) is quietly having another GREAT season.

Wasn't it T.O. that wasn't good enough for Green Bay in 2006? Many here expressed just that as I saw it.

Funnt that some here are so DAM smart but will ignore the talent factor in really getting it over the top.

I havn't seen TT make many BIG plays this season on or OFF the field.Did I miss anything?

TT did nothing of real note in this off f season as so how can you load up on him with false praise.

Please get real. :)

Where would we be without the play of Brett Favre.

Straight up who is more valuable now to our TeAM?

FAVRE OR TED 'WAY TOO SLOW AND NOT IN INTO' THOMPSON?

That is an easy election Packer fans. :)

PACKERS in 2007 because of Brett Favre's awesome play.

The Leaper
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
TT did Dick all this off season that in any way shape or manner looks good on our team and i defy any member of this Forum to dispute that.

And doing dick has us 7-1.

WTF are you whining about?

Zool
11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Must.....refrain.....

Ahh its passed.

Badgepack
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll cheer for ever wears the Green and Gold, but I would much rather cheer

for no name underdogs like Greg Jennings and James Jones who bust their

ass than have to cheer for that asswipe Randy Moss.

MJZiggy
11-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Buck, I had to dig this up just for you...

Q: Paul of Viroqua, WI - It occurs to me that if the Packers would have drafted Adrian Peterson instead of Justin Harrell, and, if they had signed Randy Moss vs. drafting James Jones, we could be easily be 7 - 1 and leading the NFC North.

A: Greg Bedard - (That sound you hear is me laughing out loud in the Kansas City pressbox. A few people turned around to look at me. That's really funny, Paul. And oh so true. Good on you.)

BF4MVP
11-06-2007, 04:36 PM

San Fran = 2-6
Green Bay = 7-1

FOR GOD'S SAKE BITE MY TONGUE BUT NO . . . .

WHAT HAS TT really DONE THAT CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO OVERSHADOWING THE MAIN REASON WE ARE 7-1 AND THE MAN TT did his level best to run out of Green Bay?

This has to be the dumbest post ever.....It at least has to rank right up there with the rest of your anti-Ted posts..

Ted did nothing, huh? You mentioned how good Mason Crosby and James Jones have been, do they just not count? We're 7-1, and Crosby and Jones have been HUGE contributors to that record. Who the hell cares about what offseason acquisitions Ted made or didn't make?

Of course Brett is the main reason for our success this season..He's a great QB..Teams without good-to-great QBs generally are not very good teams (take the Vikings, for example)..QBs have a lot to do with a team's success or failure..That's why they get so much credit for a win and so much blame for a loss. Not just Brett, but any QB in the league..

Did his best to run him out of town? Do you know that Ed Werder reported following the dismal 2005 season that Brett Favre informed Ted TWICE that he would retire, and both times Ted told him to think about it some more? And what about when Brett was disgruntled this offseason about not trading for Moss? If Ted was trying to run him out of town, don't you think that he would have used that as an excuse to trade him?

Your above post has to be one of the worst posts I've ever read in my life..Nothing personal, I don't know you so I'm not saying anything bad about you as a person, but as you can tell, I think your post was garbage..

Fred's Slacks
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
What did TT do? I'll do my best to break it down:

1. He hired MM.
2. He signed Driver, Kampman, Jenkins, Harris, Barnett and Wells to extensions to reward their performances and keep them happy.
3. He picked up Woodson, Picket, Lee, Grant, KRob, Ryan and Bigby and all were well worth the whatever we gave up for them.
4. He drafted Jennings, Hawk, Jones, Collins, Jolly, Poppinga, Coston, Hall, Rodgers and Crosby.

Mistakes?

Obviously he hasn't hit on all his picks but nobody does.

Most of the FA he passed on haven't done much.

Its arguable whether or not losing Green or Sharper was mistake. In my opinion, both got more money then they were worth so you could go either way.

Leaves 3 mistakes in my opinion.
1. Not resigning Wahle. Also a tough call because of our cap situation at the time.
2. Signing Marquand Manual. Nothing catastrophic.
3. Not pushing hard enough for the Moss trade. Hard to argue against this.

All these moves have left us with a happy locker room, a healthy cap situation and a 7-1 record. Overall, I'd say he's done quite a bit to help this team.

HarveyWallbangers
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd agree 100% with that assessment, Fred. There were even times I initially disagreed with his moves (drafting Jennings instead of Chad Jackson, not resigning Ahman Green, not signing Randy McMichael, etc.), and most of those times I would have been wrong.

BallHawk
11-06-2007, 05:11 PM
PACKERS in 2007 because of Brett Favre's awesome play.

Ok, Woody, let's say that TT didn't do anything this off season. Fine.

What about last year? Two of this defense's best players, Chuck and Ryan Pickett, were signings by TT. Chuck has revitalized his career and is a sure Pro-Bowl player. Pickett has done everything he's been expected to do and more.

And that's not even mentioning the draft over the past two years in which he seems to of drafted a fantastic duo of WRs (JJ and Jennings)

Woody, do you honestly believe that TT is not doing a good job at GM? Do you honestly believe that?

RashanGary
11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Damn, that's a bet I should of taken.

JH, you ever end up making that bet with Packnut?

He said "OK, we'll iron out the details" but we never ironed out the details. Still, he should have to change his sig and avatar to something pro TT. He clearly accepted the bet, but left the details vague.