PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johson to visit the TITANS. Say goodbye.

gbpackfan
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Titans | K. Johnson to visit
Thu, 17 May 2007 15:52:06 -0700

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com reports unrestricted free-agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Panthers) will meet with the Tennessee Titans this weekend.

Johnson will probably not get out of Tennesse with out being signed. Unlike TT, GMs from other teams actually bring players in to sign them. I know, I know....it is a strange way to do business. :P

Just another FA that TT has failed to sign. If you don't like Johnson, fine. I get that! However, every FA isn't over valued and over the hill. My point is TT has watched EVERY FA go to a different team this offseason despite having the cap space to sign a guy or two.

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=56213

Keyshawn may pay a visit to Titans

By Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com
May 17, 2007

Could a visit to the Tennessee Titans be in Keyshawn Johnson’s future?

Johnson’s agent, Jerome Stanley, would neither confirm nor deny that his client was scheduled to visit the Titans in the near future. But there are indications that a visit to Tennessee could be forthcoming.

Stanley declined comment when asked about any contract negotiations between the Titans and him regarding Johnson.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher when asked if Johnson had a visit scheduled said, “That’s news to me. I have not talked to Keyshawn in a few weeks.”

Johnson, 34, was released by the Carolina Panthers shortly after the NFL Draft when the team selected Southern Cal’s Dwayne Jarrett with its second-round pick.

The well-traveled Johnson, the first overall choice in the 1996 draft by the New York Jets, had 70 catches for the Panthers last season and had seasons of 71 and 70 receptions for the Dallas Cowboys in the two seasons prior to that.

The Titans wide receiver corps is long on numbers, but short on experience, especially with David Givens not expected to be able to be ready for the start of the season due to a serious knee injury.

No receiver currently on the roster had more than 27 catches a year ago.

Johnson has a long-standing relationship with Fisher, dating back to the coach’s days as a player at USC when a young Johnson would visit the practice field.

Pack_Attack88
05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
GOOD! please sign that piece of garbage Titans!!!!!!!!!

oregonpackfan
05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Let KJ sign with the Titans. I will even loan him my pen if he wishes.

GoPackGo
05-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks Green Bay should be going after a Free Agent WR to make the team a contender. We are stacked at young WR talent right now. If any of them can catch a pass Favre will have no trouble hitting them with one as long as he has protection.

CaptainKickass
05-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Packface said:
"If any of them can catch a pass Favre will have no trouble hitting them with one as long as he has protection."

The Captain sez:

BAM!

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 06:50 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I wanted Moss because I thought he and Favre would be a nasty combination, but I just won't get all worked up about other WR's. We have enough boys on the roster that one of them will earn that #3 spot.

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 07:29 PM
who cares about Keyshawn.

Like many positions we have quantity and have to see if there is any quality there

retailguy
05-19-2007, 10:31 PM
who cares about Keyshawn.

Like many positions we have quantity and have to see if there is any quality there

I only care if he has skills at RB or OL....

the_idle_threat
05-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Keyshawn Johson to visit the TITANS. Say goodbye.

Goodbye! :taunt: