PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Franks Interview - Stupid Questions (funny)

gbpackfan
05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Click on the link and then watch Bubba's interview. The reporter that asks the first couple of questions sounds like a 1st year intern. The questions in the first minute or so are really dumb. Bubba's reaction is hilarious when the reporter asks him if he is angry? The question happens at the 1:05 mark.

I don't know, I find it hilarious.

I've always liked Bubba. He's a little odd yes, but I like him. I hope he bounces back this season.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/2007_non_game_video/#20070518

BallHawk
05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
No question he is a good guy, hopefully he rebounds.

GrnBay007
05-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I've always liked Bubba too and hope he bounces back.
Last year we went to the stadium the night before Family Night and the team just happened to be having a meeting. There were many people outside the players parking lot waiting for autographs. Bubba spent way more time than any other player signing autographs. That was cool.

BallHawk
05-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, that intern reporter was pretty amateur.

BallHawk
05-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Looking at the interviews, James Jones comes off as being much more intelligent then his Wonderlic suggests. He articulates himself quite well.

BallHawk
05-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Watch Donald Driver's interview. The guy has a way with the media. :D

The Shadow
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
After watching most of the interviews, I really do think this team will be tougher & smarter.
Most impressive :
-Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, A.J. Hawk, Scott Wells, James Jones, A. Barbre, Bubba
- The only player I didn't get a really solid vibe about was Rouse.

HarveyWallbangers
05-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I had no problem with Rouse. Some really bad questions for Morency. Lot of negative tone questions. They really have a lot of buffoons in the Green Bay media.

RashanGary
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Watch the Vernand MOrnency vid. He looks dumb as a box of rocks.

RashanGary
05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I had no problem with Rouse. Some really bad questions for Morency. Lot of negative tone questions. They really have a lot of buffoons in the Green Bay media.

LOL, maybe he wasn't dumb as a box of rocks. Maybe he was trying not to say anything that would piss the coach off and he was stumbling around their hard questions.

RashanGary
05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
About half of every interview was them trying to get the players to say something bad about Favre. That was hilarious.

RashanGary
05-18-2007, 11:17 PM
You could clearly see that the players had the McCarthy zip-it order. They were all stumbling around trying not to say anything.

HarveyWallbangers
05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Watch the Vernand MOrnency vid. He looks dumb as a box of rocks.

I didn't think he sounded dumb. I didn't really think anybody sounded bad. It wasn't like Nick Collins in his rookie year. BTW, I'm strongly on the side that Collins will have a breakout year in 2007. I actually think eventually he'll be a Pro Bowl player. He went through a relatively tough stretch the first half of last year. That happens, but he rebounded nicely the last half of the year. I don't see anything he doesn't have athletically from a young safety. He's very athletic, he hits, he has playmaking ability. The only thing holding him back was his mental aptitude, but I assumed that would be the case with him. He's actually played a lot better in years 1 and 2 than a lot of scouts thought he would--coming from a small school and not being the brightest guy around.

Poppinga looks pretty impressive. I have my reservations about him, but I do think he has a chance to make it a really good trio at LB.

We really do have quite a few young guys who could step up to Pro Bowl level--Hawk, Jennings, Collins, Colledge to name a few. Plus, a lot of athletic, young players that could surprise. I'm actually pretty excited about the young players on this team. There aren't too many teams that have the young talent that this team has. I just hope they take that leap this year. Might be next year though.

Jimx29
05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
This reminds me of The Chris Farley Show, and he's interviewing Paul Mccartney
'

crosbiegrad
05-19-2007, 12:32 AM
loved DD and Poppinga's interviews. say what you like about Popp but you gotta admit he's got a good attitude and he as physical and motivated as you could want a LB'r to be. Were gonna be sorted on D this year

Tarlam!
05-19-2007, 01:23 AM
"buffoons"

Did you really use this word, Harv? That is too funny.

RashanGary
05-19-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm actually pretty excited about the young players on this team. There aren't too many teams that have the young talent that this team has. I just hope they take that leap this year. Might be next year though.

That's right about where I stand. I would not be at all suprised if this team goes 10-6. I also wouldn't be too surprised if they go 6-10. They are similar to the Brewers of last year but they have Favre which is the equivilant of a good pitching staff where the Brewers didn't really have one. I think they could crack the playoffs and make some noise in the weak NFC. I don't think it's a lock that hte Bears, Eagles, Cowboys and company take this team down. I dont' think that is a lock at all.

gbpackfan
05-19-2007, 08:01 AM
MORENCY seems like he is PISSED that no one believes (media and fans) that he is capable of taking over the RB job.

POPPS just seems down right CRAZY. The man just wants to rip someones head off. Is he really a BYU product?

the_idle_threat
05-19-2007, 08:09 AM
POPPS just seems down right CRAZY. The man just wants to rip someones head off. Is he really a BYU product?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
05-19-2007, 08:27 AM

It's hard to believe that him and Steve Young come from the same place.

Scott Campbell
05-19-2007, 09:02 AM

It might be easier to think of it as he and Jim McMahon come from the same place.

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Just watched the Morency and Poppinga videos. Morency, to me anyway, came off as a young man who isnt used to talking to the press. It was obvious that he was aware of the fact that the press was trying its best to put words in his mouth so that they could get a quote that would sell papers. He just didnt seem to be prepared for the stupid questions that they were asking him. I admit, I was of the opinion that Morency did not have what it would take to fill Greens shoes. After watching the video, I see him as a young man that wants to do his best. From here on in, I will be rooting for him just as much as I ever did for Ahman Green.

I also just watched the Poppinga video. The best part of it was when the interviewer tried to get smart with Pops........not sure where the guy was going with the question, it almost seemed like he was trying to piss Pops off by insinuating that he was not one of our top 3 LB's. He asked something about if Pops felt like he was one of three LB's or one of.........and Pops interupted him and said "I feel like one LB". Then he followed it up by saying something to the effect of "we play as one, and we support each other". Nice, very nice. Gives a guy hope for this team.

Packgator
05-19-2007, 12:50 PM
This reminds me of The Chris Farley Show, and he's interviewing Paul Mccartney
'

That was hilarious!

Farley to Paul........"Remember when you were in the Beatles?"

Packgator
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that intern reporter was pretty amateur.

Calling him an intern is an insult to interns! He has to be a first year journalism student who was on his first assignment for his Journalism 101 class. Or maybe he was from Green Bay High School getting a story for the school newspaper.

Either that or the sports guy called in sick and they sent in a guy who normally writes for the Fashion Section as a replacement.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Did you really use this word, Harv? That is too funny.

I did indeed. Hey, are you back in Europa yet?

retailguy
05-19-2007, 10:41 PM

It might be easier to think of it as he and Jim McMahon come from the same place.

That helps, but it's still difficult to think of McMahon from there too. That guy was a nut. I'm quite sure he was a prankster there too. Damn wonder he didn't get thrown out... Probably would've been kicked out except for the fact he could play football...