PDA

View Full Version : Dear Favre Bashin Bastiches................

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 03:26 AM
To all you Favre Bashin Bastiches :http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/2007_non_game_video/

Go ahead, watch the videos. The Press tried really hard to put words into the mouths of everyone they inteviewed. It didnt work. The rest of the players on the team love Brett Favre just as much as the majority of the Packer fans out there.

I know that if the press had interviewed half the bastiches in these forums, they may have gotten the "smack talk" they were lookin for.....but they were not going to hear it from Favres teamates.

Ya all could learn somethin from a class act like Donald Driver.

cpk1994
05-19-2007, 05:23 AM
To all you Favre Bashin Bastiches :http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/2007_non_game_video/

Go ahead, watch the videos. The Press tried really hard to put words into the mouths of everyone they inteviewed. It didnt work. The rest of the players on the team love Brett Favre just as much as the majority of the Packer fans out there.

I know that if the press had interviewed half the bastiches in these forums, they may have gotten the "smack talk" they were lookin for.....but they were not going to hear it from Favres teamates.

Dear Favre kiss ass,

So his teamates love him. That doesn't change the fact that he acted like a whiny, self-centered primadonna diva-ass bitch and undermine management. As for "Ya all could learn somethin from a class act like Donald Driver", I say, yeah, so could Brett!

FritzDontBlitz
05-19-2007, 05:57 AM
"bastiches?"

i love it!

:lol:

Fritz
05-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about that. What is a "bastiche"?

RashanGary
05-19-2007, 07:13 AM
He's a little bit of a Diva and some of that is Shermans fault. He never should have been treated differently because now he thinks he should get it every year.

Still he stirred shit, it's a media circus and if Brett had kept his mouth shut it would not be happening.

I used to think Bretts problem was 80% Diva and 20% Dumb and now I htink it's 30% Diva and 70% Dumb. He really has no clue how much shit he stirrs and that has to get chalked up in the dumb category more than Diva.

Packnut
05-19-2007, 08:23 AM
To criticize Favre cause he's passionate about winning is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That passion is what makes him what he is. This is'nt about Favre anyway, it's about the Thompson idolizers who need to get up off their knees............

RashanGary
05-19-2007, 08:26 AM
To criticize Favre cause he's passionate about winning is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That passion is what makes him what he is. This is'nt about Favre anyway, it's about the Thompson idolizers who need to get up off their knees............

Should the media get their lips of Thompsons rump too?

BallHawk
05-19-2007, 08:30 AM
This is'nt about Favre anyway, it's about the Thompson idolizers who need to get up off their knees............

Well, excuse me for praying for a good season......

:wink:

Packnut
05-19-2007, 08:48 AM

Should the media get their lips of Thompsons rump too?

All the polls show the OVER-WHELMING majority of Packer fans support Favre. Yours is the minority opinion and for good reason. If your boy Teddy was half as passionate about winning as Favre is, we might actually have a TE who can catch the damn ball...........

Scott Campbell
05-19-2007, 08:59 AM
To criticize Favre cause he's passionate about winning is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

I still don't get it. What does being passionate about winning have to do with ripping on your organization - at your charity golf tournament.

Did any of the other guys in these interviews whine about not getting Moss? Rumor has it that some of them are passionate about winning too.

I think you're just using this as an excuse because of your hatred of Ted.

prsnfoto
05-19-2007, 09:06 AM

Dear Favre kiss ass,

So his teamates love him. That doesn't change the fact that he acted like a whiny, self-centered primadonna diva-ass bitch and undermine management. As for "Ya all could learn somethin from a class act like Donald Driver", I say, yeah, so could Brett!

Alright after reading several of your stupid ass replies over the last few days I can't restrain myself anymore. I get it you don't like Brett and you want to take TT's polish sausage up your ass, please do maybe you will lighten up. Brett wants to win so do I there is nothing wrong with asking your GM why he is not doing everything in his power to make that happen. Also after reading dozens of articles with quotes from all these inside sources one thing is very obvious to everyone but the blind, the Packers could have had Moss they came out and did damage control right away Monday morning and lied through their teeth saying that they weren't given the chance to match the offer and Randy wouldn't redo his contract blah,blah. Now if you can read both of these lies were refuted one by Bus Cook(money), the other way more discretly by the Raiders GM who when asked if GB was offered the chance to counter and his response was "We really did not want Randy to go to an interconference rival but at the end of the day we feel this was the right move for the team." That dispells Harlan's little attemt at lying and telling everyone we thought we had him when we went to bed on Sat. and we woke up and he was a Patriot, guess what Bob TT didn't let you in on the fact he wouldn't budge from his 5th round offer or 1.9 million G, or take the other 1.1 from Brett like he offered. So yeah Brett called them out on their lies when asked maybe, has higher moral standards or maybe he was frustated like he said either way I see this as a no big deal that the media blew way out of proportion as usual. What they did do is expose a few lies.

Scott Campbell
05-19-2007, 09:13 AM
..............you want to take TT's polish sausage up your ass.

I think you should keep your deviant fantasies to yourself.

People is Wisconsin love their sausage, but I think they take things a bit too far in LaCrosse.

PackerTimer
05-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I think you're just using this as an excuse because of your hatred of Ted.

I think this about sums all of this up. I still am a huge Brett Farve fan but how can argue come to the defense of what he did? What he did was wrong. You don't call out the people running your team to the media. Had another player on another team said this, everybody would be on his ass. Yet, here everybody uses it as a way to take shots out TT.

The Shadow
05-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Ok, it is now officially time to revive this :

Excerpt from : A Field Guide to Packer Posters

Category #3 : The Favre Cultists/ Jock-Sniffers
Think that people like that guy on the commercial who hides in a team clothes hamper just to get a whiff of an NFL player don’t exist? Think again, Bunky.
These are the folks who one suspects were just not very good at sports. Now, they vicariously live through the exploits of Brett Favre.

How to Recognize Them?
Look for the poster who explains away each of Favre’s interceptions –as many as 6 in a single game!- by always assigning blame elsewhere.
Note that in their eyes, Brett Favre -like the Pope - infallible in word and deed. Whatever he says or does MUST be great.
When writing about Favre, their words are reverential enough for Abraham Lincoln, Buddha, etc.

Mating Call Posts
“If Jesus Were Coach, His QB Would be Favre”.
“This is What Favre is Thinking/Doing/Dreaming Right Now”.
"I hate-hate-HATE Ted Thompson For Not Doing Whatever Brett Wants!"
“Please, Please Don’t –sniff,sniff, Retire, Brett!”
"Does Brett Wear Boxers or Briefs?"
"If Those Stupid Receivers Just Ran To Where Brett Throws The Ball, Those Interceptions Would Not Have Happened!"
“Favre Would Build a Better Ark Than Noah.”
“What Would Favre Do?”

Yes, Brett Favre is a fine quarterback, but he is not a Supreme Being.

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 10:08 AM

uuuugggggg(Hangover) Apparently "bastiche" is a new word I invented somewhere after bar time. :glug:

Favre kiss ass? cpk1994, did you go out drinking too? Ya seem a little pissy. Oh well. Its kind of funny, you calling Favre a Diva. I was watchin "Pardon the Interuption" the other day, and Tony Cornholer called Favre a Diva too. He followed that up by saying that he loved the fact that Favre was a diva and that it didnt bother him that Favre acted like he should be running the team, because he thought that Favre should be running the team................................. That would be a Favre kiss ass.

Its kind of hard to beleive that their are still people out there that have not been able to see through all the smoke being blown up their asses by the media. Screw it, doesnt matter. If I have to put up with that cheapskate Thompson running the team, I can take solace from the fact that jerks like you are going to have to put up with a "diva" leading the team. Ha Ha! :taunt:

GrnBay007
05-19-2007, 10:08 AM

Think that people like that guy on the commercial who hides in a team clothes hamper just to get a whiff of an NFL player don’t exist? Think again, Bunky.
These are the folks who one suspects were just not very good at sports. Now, they vicariously live through the exploits of Brett Favre.

How to Recognize Them?
Look for the poster who explains away each of Favre’s interceptions –as many as 6 in a single game!- by always assigning blame elsewhere.
Note that in their eyes, Brett Favre -like the Pope - infallible in word and deed. Whatever he says or does MUST be great.
When writing about Favre, their words are reverential enough for Abraham Lincoln, Buddha, etc.

Mating Call Posts“
If Jesus Were Coach, His QB Would be Favre”.
"If Those Stupid Receivers Just Ran To Wear Brett Throws The Ball, Those Interceptions Would Not Have Happened!"
“What Would Favre Do?”

**DRAMA** :P

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 10:11 AM

How to Recognize Them?

Mating Call Posts“
If Jesus Were Coach, His QB Would be Favre”.
"If Those Stupid Receivers Just Ran To Wear Brett Throws The Ball, Those Interceptions Would Not Have Happened!"
“What Would Favre Do?”

**DRAMA** :P

Drama?.............I thought it was supposed to be funny. I was laughing at it anyway. :lol:

GrnBay007
05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Drama?.............I thought it was supposed to be funny. I was laughing at it anyway. :lol:

Yes it was funny.
Thing is after one great game by Favre this season and everyone on the message boards can fit into this category.

....what would the TT cult members say?

BallHawk
05-19-2007, 10:19 AM
You know, it is possible to support Favre and and support TT at the same time. At least I think it is.....

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 10:25 AM
You know, it is possible to support Favre and and support TT at the same time. At least I think it is.....

I am trying BallHawk.....I am trying real hard. It is easy to see why people support Ted, the team IS heading in the right direction. If Favre got Half the support from Thompson, that Thompson gets from some of the people in these forums, the whole "Moss thing" would be a non-issue. At the same time, we have guys runnin around bashing the shit out of Favre over things that the media made up. I guess I could just accept the fact that they are a buncha "bastiches" (lol) that dont know any better and just move on.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus.jpg

cpk1994
05-19-2007, 10:49 AM

Dear Favre kiss ass,

Alright after reading several of your stupid ass replies over the last few days I can't restrain myself anymore. I get it you don't like Brett and you want to take TT's polish sausage up your ass, please do maybe you will lighten up. Brett wants to win so do I there is nothing wrong with asking your GM why he is not doing everything in his power to make that happen. Also after reading dozens of articles with quotes from all these inside sources one thing is very obvious to everyone but the blind, the Packers could have had Moss they came out and did damage control right away Monday morning and lied through their teeth saying that they weren't given the chance to match the offer and Randy wouldn't redo his contract blah,blah. Now if you can read both of these lies were refuted one by Bus Cook(money), the other way more discretly by the Raiders GM who when asked if GB was offered the chance to counter and his response was "We really did not want Randy to go to an interconference rival but at the end of the day we feel this was the right move for the team." That dispells Harlan's little attemt at lying and telling everyone we thought we had him when we went to bed on Sat. and we woke up and he was a Patriot, guess what Bob TT didn't let you in on the fact he wouldn't budge from his 5th round offer or 1.9 million G, or take the other 1.1 from Brett like he offered. So yeah Brett called them out on their lies when asked maybe, has higher moral standards or maybe he was frustated like he said either way I see this as a no big deal that the media blew way out of proportion as usual. What they did do is expose a few lies.

So Bretts right and everyone else is wrong in your Brett worshiping world. I bet if Brett said that the world was flat you believe that too. There is no problem in asking your GM to makes moves. The BIG problem is instead of going into TT's office and asking him face to face like a man, Brett chose to whine to the media. Maybe if you got your head out of Bretts ass you'd see that. As for TT, personally, I hate him, I think he is a snake But I do see some things that he has done that makes me optimistic. I give him credit for that. As for you, Its obvious you hate TT because he won't give in to your Lords tantrums. You hate him because you never wanted him hired in the first place, and will take any negative To beat him over the head with. TT could win the Super BOwl and you would still give him no credit. You can call TT, "liar, liar, pants on fire" until your blue in the face, if you have no proof other thatn reading between the lines, you sir, are blowing smoke.

cpk1994
05-19-2007, 10:53 AM

uuuugggggg(Hangover) Apparently "bastiche" is a new word I invented somewhere after bar time. :glug:

Favre kiss ass? cpk1994, did you go out drinking too? Ya seem a little pissy. Oh well. Its kind of funny, you calling Favre a Diva. I was watchin "Pardon the Interuption" the other day, and Tony Cornholer called Favre a Diva too. He followed that up by saying that he loved the fact that Favre was a diva and that it didnt bother him that Favre acted like he should be running the team, because he thought that Favre should be running the team................................. That would be a Favre kiss ass.

Its kind of hard to beleive that their are still people out there that have not been able to see through all the smoke being blown up their asses by the media. Screw it, doesnt matter. If I have to put up with that cheapskate Thompson running the team, I can take solace from the fact that jerks like you are going to have to put up with a "diva" leading the team. Ha Ha! :taunt:

I didn't know Mike McCarthy was a diva. I guess it would be news to him too.

PackerBlues
05-19-2007, 10:56 AM
To quote the words of the great Rodney King: "Ouch, quit hitting me!!!"

:mrgreen: "Why cant we all just get along?" :glug:

GrnBay007
05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
There is no problem in asking your GM to makes moves. The BIG problem is instead of going into TT's office and asking him face to face like a man,

Lets be fair here. Maybe that did happen...fans don't and won't know that for sure.

Joemailman
05-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm sure glad the Packer players don't get as bent out of shape about all this as some people on this forum do. Guys like Rodgers and Driver could barely stifle laughter when asked about it. I wish Brett hadn't said what he originally said, but it's no big deal now. He hasn't undermined management, and he doesn't appear to have alienated his teammates. I actually think Favre and Thompson probably get along a lot better than a lot of people would think. They're both competitors who have different ideas on how some things should be done, so they occasionally lock horns. I'll bet though that Brett doesn't think TT is a snake, and I'll bet TT doesn't think Brett is a whiner.

FritzDontBlitz
05-19-2007, 12:54 PM
i guess i am in the chatboard minority for thinking that brett favre has earned a "WTF??!!" moment after being the face of the organization for 17 years.

i could not imagine working for an organization for that long, watching them let the best coach i ever had leave town because said coach couldnt get the promotion he wanted in green bay (after leading them to two consecutive super bowls to boot), and then watching that promotion handed to one of your ex-coach's lowly, unproven assistants less than two years later. jeez, i would have blown my stack the day wolf handed the gm job to sherman after only one year of coaching the pack to a 9-7 record.

another thing i'd like to point out is the atmosphere of confusion that has been swirling throughout this entire offseason. i have watched posters respond to one unfounded rumor after another. the truth is, some people want to believe the worst about brett and some people wanna believe tt is leading the pack down the road to disaster - and every time a rumor about either shows up people dutifully line up as for or against either guy. Hardly anyone ever takes the time to "consider the source" - or even check to see if there IS a source, for that matter. checking sources is the best way to determine if the person putting out the information has an axe to grind. but alas, journalistic integrity died a few hours after 9/11, so its understandable that the downward trend away from accuracy and toward salacious gossip would infect sports reporting as well.

i happen to be of the mind that brett vented in private and it leaked out, and realizing the potential damage his comments might cause he spoke up to kill it before it grew out of control. i was indifferent about brett's minicamp attendance but i'm glad he decided to show up, its another gesture to make peace and assure his organization that he's on board in spite media assertions otherwise. it takes a very big man to admit he's wrong, especially in the nfl. i commend brett for at least trying.

as for tt? i withhold my overall judgement of him. only time will tell because while brett's legacy has already been written, tt's is still unfolding.

peace, children....

woodbuck27
05-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Good Gaud we have to get past this bickering to the TRUTH.

I do think that someone is lieing and it isn't Brett Favre.

He was adamant that he didn't ask to be traded, and backed that up by saying he had no idea where that rumor came from.

That certainly can be supported by all he has ever said in the past.

He was also adamant that he never criticized his teammates talents or dedication.

He did say that he felt there could have been more done to shore up the offense, but isn't that a fact?

He said indeed that he was very frustrated that TT didn't land Randy Moss but that he was over that now and wanted to move forward.

Brett Favre also said:

That he even still believed in the new talent on board, but they have to come together soon as his time was running out.

The majority of Packer fans are still in support of Favre.

Something stinks (though) in the State of Denmark.

Again, someone is either lieing or not coming out totally honest. If I'm correct this isn't over yet.

GrnBay007
05-19-2007, 01:06 PM
i guess i am in the chatboard minority for thinking that brett favre has earned a "WTF??!!" moment after being the face of the organization for 17 years.

Nope! I agree. And one step further, I don't believe it was a WTF moment.

pbmax
05-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes, yes. Its now clear to me, I must remember this new rule. When players speak to the media, they speak unvarnished truth. They are uncompromisingly truthful, never resort to cliches and always peak directly from the heart. And they never change their position or story. Their public and private face are one.

GMs, on the other hand, always have ulterior motives. They never mean what they say and couch every word in sports double-speak. They speak out of both sides of their mouth and every utterenace must be passed through the PackerRats(tm) GM translator to determine exactly which icon they are dismissing.

pbmax
05-19-2007, 01:19 PM
He was also adamant that he never criticized his teammates talents or dedication.

He did say that he felt there could have been more done to shore up the offense, but isn't that a fact?

That he even still believed in the new talent on board, but they have to come together soon as his time was running out.

He never critcized his offensive teammates.

But more can be done to shore it (offense) up.

Isn't this called whistling past the graveyard? Hoping no one notices you?

If the offense isn't up to snuff, you must be saying one or more of three things:

1. We can't execute

2. We have bad schemes

3. We have a lack of talent

So who does Favre blame for a mediocre offense?

pbmax
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Did Brett say he didn't ask or allow Bus Cook to ask for a trade?

How does it serve the interests of anyone to spread a false rumor that Favre wanted to be traded? How would the Packers benefit?

He was adamant that he didn't ask to be traded, and backed that up by saying he had no idea where that rumor came from.

He said indeed that he was very frustrated that TT didn't land Randy Moss but that he was over that now and wanted to move forward.

Brett Favre also said:

Again, someone is either lieing or not coming out totally honest. If I'm correct this isn't over yet.

woodbuck27
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM

If the offense isn't up to snuff, you must be saying one or more of three things:

1. We can't execute

2. We have bad schemes

It's too obvious.

Lack of experience.

CaptainKickass
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
For the record:

A "BASTICH" is defined as a cross between a Bastard and a Bitch.

The term "Bastiches" is simply the plural of the aforementioned Bastich.

Depending on your region - there are multiple spellings/pronunciations such as "Bastiges" or even the reverse combination of the two words:

"Bitchtards"

which could also be interpreted as a cross between a bitch and a retard.

You may now resume your normal posting.

:roll:

woodbuck27
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM

How does it serve the interests of anyone to spread a false rumor that Favre wanted to be traded? How would the Packers benefit?

Brett Favre also said:

This may have totally been spun out of just the media?

I believe that if Favre never demanded or asked for a trade that Ted Thompson needs to step up and place his word on just that.

Ted Thompson has to make a statement that supports what Favre has gone public with.

That being that he (Brett Favre) has no idea where the talk of him asking for a trade came from.

K-town
05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
For the record:

Depending on your region - there are multiple spellings/pronunciations such as "Bastiges" or even the reverse combination of the two words:

"Bitchtards"

I always thought "bastiges" came from the movie "Johnny Dangerously."
From the immortal Roman Maroney. As in "farging ice-holes, I'll cut their boils off! Bastiges!"

Joemailman
05-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought it came from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROIIQkLWdVw

pbmax
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
It's too obvious.

Lack of experience.

So failures of the offense rest on the shoulders of his teammates lack of experience, isn't it fair to say Favre has critcized his teammate's lack of experience?

And then isn't it fair to ask that question in a press conference?

And would it not be a stand up guy to say "Yes, I said I am concerned about experienced playmakers on the roster and that's why Randy Moss was attractive?"rather than "I dare you to show me where I criticized my teammates."

C' mon. He's playing a game of semantics.

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
It's too obvious.

Lack of experience.

So failures of the offense rest on the shoulders of his teammates lack of experience, isn't it fair to say Favre has critcized his teammate's lack of experience?

And then isn't it fair to ask that question in a press conference?

And would it not be a stand up guy to say "Yes, I said I am concerned about experienced playmakers on the roster and that's why Randy Moss was attractive?"rather than "I dare you to show me where I criticized my teammates."

C' mon. He's playing a game of semantics.

If the offense Fails the blame sits on the slow motion Snapper.

He's brought in his young boys and has had two free agent seasons with money and two drafts to find playmakers. We are not short on cash that could have been used at WR, TE, or OL the past two years.

Hard for me to blame the young guys; they are clearly in their early stages of development.

It's up to Ted Thompson to give MM players ready to succeed.

B

pbmax
05-19-2007, 02:33 PM
And if Thompson says nothing, whom will you believe?

I believe that if Favre never demanded or asked for a trade that Ted Thompson needs to step up and place his word on just that.

Ted Thompson has to make a statement that supports what Favre has gone public with.

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM
For the record:

"Bitchtards"

Thank you, Cap'n.

retailguy
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM

He's brought in his young boys and has had two free agent seasons with money and two drafts to find playmakers. We are not short on cash that could have been used at WR, TE, or OL the past two years.

Hard for me to blame the young guys; they are clearly in their early stages of development.

B

If the offense fails, blame will be placed on MCCARTHY. He's a lame duck headed into 2008.

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 02:43 PM

B

If the offense fails, blame will be placed on MCCARTHY. He's a lame duck headed into 2008.

You may be right, but I won't be blaming him.

retailguy
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM

What you and I think DOES NOT matter. Haven't you figured that out yet, Mr. Permanent Signature guy?

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Haven't you figured that out yet, Mr. Permanent Signature guy?

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The Leaper
05-19-2007, 04:52 PM

How can the blame be placed on McCarthy? He's been given very little to work with on offense. To this point, McCarthy has successfully managed to keep Favre on task for the most part. He has done a pretty good job overseeing the conversion to a new blocking scheme. He can't help the fact he has few weapons to work with.

What's he been given?

An OL with 3 inexperienced starters...along with a new system to teach to everyone.

A group of TEs that may be one of the worst tandems the league has seen in the last decade.

A large number of 1st and 2nd year players at the skill positions...which McCarthy has done well in developing to this point (Morency, Jennings showed signs last year)

An aging HOF QB who isn't capable of what he once was...and needed to be weened off an addiction to throw the ball up for grabs.

The only reliable guy with no major faults that McCarthy has had to work with is Driver. To blame McCarthy for being unable to turn that into a carbon copy of Indy's offense is ludicrous. Packer fans would not allow Thompson or management to pin failure on McCarthy.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2007, 10:00 PM

1. We can't execute

2. We have bad schemes

I don't blame people for ripping Favre a bit or being disappointed in Thompson's offseason. However, I think it's more of this from Favre: I like Randy Moss, I think Randy Moss can help us to the Super Bowl (and I really want to get to another SB before my career ends soon), I recruited Randy Moss for weeks, Green Bay management could have gotten Randy Moss, Green Bay management didn't. For that I'm upset.

I don't think most of his teammates took as a real slap in the face to them. Should he have kept his mouth shut? Yeah, probably. But he's always been honest. We want athletes to be honest, but then we rip them when they are.

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
But he's always been honest. We want athletes to be honest, but then we rip them when they are.

Exactly.

retailguy
05-19-2007, 10:07 PM

How can the blame be placed on McCarthy?

Because that's the way the world works.

cpk1994
05-20-2007, 07:02 AM

Brett Favre also said:

Even if Brett told Bus Cook not to demand a trade, what is to stop Bus from leaking a false trade demand? Someone is lying, and I think the culprit is Bus Cook.

Merlin
05-20-2007, 05:49 PM
This whole thread is a joke. If you don't want Favre as the QB of the Packers, fine. If you do, fine. But why all this resorting to name calling? What is this a liberal love-fest?

Joemailman
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Better a little name-calling than someone trying to turn this into a political thread. To do that would be bush-league! :smack: :mrgreen:

RashanGary
05-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Better a little name-calling than someone trying to turn this into a political thread. To do that would be bush-league! :smack: :mrgreen:

I listen to sports radio all the time. Well, I used to until I became bored of Rome and Patrick. Now, I listen to Rush and Hannidy (I probably spelled it wrong) in the afternoon and Rookie/Havel in the morning/late afternoon. Anyway, I've been getting more in tune to the whole political thing. I must say, those two guys (rush/Hannidy) are laughable. I'm not a lib or a right winger but I can't help but laugh at the agenda's and biases those two guys display. It's embarassing but they really do have quite the loyal crowd of followers. I swear everyone that calls is a complete moron, they must screen anyone with a decent opinion out.

Oops :)

Bretsky
05-20-2007, 10:04 PM

I listen to sports radio all the time. Well, I used to until I became bored of Rome and Patrick. Now, I listen to Rush and Hannidy (I probably spelled it wrong) in the afternoon and Rookie/Havel in the morning/late afternoon. Anyway, I've been getting more in tune to the whole political thing. I must say, those two guys (rush/Hannidy) are laughable. I'm not a lib or a right winger but I can't help but laugh at the agenda's and biases those two guys display. It's embarassing but they really do have quite the loyal crowd of followers. I swear everyone that calls is a complete moron, they must screen anyone with a decent opinion out.

Heller and Murphy are really entertaining on ESPN 1070/Madison at 5:00 PM weeknights.

They are passionate about the Packers; one pretty much shares every view I have while the other often argues with him

RashanGary
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Heller and Murphy are really entertaining on ESPN 1070/Madison at 5:00 PM weeknights.

They are passionate about the Packers; one pretty much shares every view I have while the other often argues with him

Maybe it's one who shares my views and the other argues with him.

Poe-tae-toe / Pa-ta-toe

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partial
05-20-2007, 11:34 PM

How can the blame be placed on McCarthy?

Because that's the way the world works.

Mac has 3 more years at least. He gets 1 year post favre guaranteed, probably two years.

Fritz
05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Let me just start out by saying thank you, thank you all who remember that it was I who said just a week or so ago that Favre would likely back off his earlier comments on Moss. Yes, Favre did just that...though of course we all pretty much knew that would happen.

Anyway...you can like Favre and Thompson - I do. I'd like to see Favre play this season and next, because I believe that, barring major injuries, next year the Pack will be true playoff contenders.

I also wanted to say that I kind of like PackerBlues's new word - "bastiche." It sounds vaguely french and wussy-ish and interesting.

Merlin
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
I wasn't trying to make it political, just a statement of factual comparison.

You do realize that can be said for all of talk radio about any subject. That rational kind of goes the same as "idiot drivers" where everyone is a bad driver accept yourself and since everyone believes they are a good driver, who are the bad ones. Careful the stones you throw in that glass house...