PDA

View Full Version : Beating a deasd horse, Jason Wilde

b bulldog
05-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Wilde nwas on ESPN radio earlier and his sources in the Packers organization told him that Brett did indeed discuss a trade or the possibility of a trade after the failure to get Moss. he also stated that giving up a fifth for Moss was to coservative on TT's part but he also stated that Harlan was never on board with Moss being a Packer and could have had a bearing on the outcome also. he also stated that the team will probably be better than last season but may have a worse record in the end than last seasons 8-8 record. IMO, Wilde is one of the Packers beat writers worth reading and he is one guy who has credibility imo.

motife
05-19-2007, 03:41 PM
here are some other interesting comments on Favre :

Ray Ratto, Sportsline.com
Ratto tells readers: “It seems increasingly clear the mutual loathing between brand icon Brett Favre and general manager Ted Thompson has now reached the irreconcilable stage. The contract stalling of a year ago, the Randy Moss spit-fight, and now the public argument about the non-mandatory mandatory minicamp -- all of it paints a vivid picture of two men in a purely personal power struggle. Thompson doesn't want what Favre has, Favre doesn't want what Thompson has, but they both seem hell-bent on making sure the other doesn't get to enjoy what he already has.

John Czarnecki, foxsports.com :
So, why exactly didn’t the Packers want Moss?

Czarnecki says: "… the bottom line in Green Bay is that the Packers really don't trust Favre. In recent seasons, Favre has displayed a tendency to do his own thing on the field. He takes too may chances with the football. You can bet the Packers believed that with Moss around, he and Favre would do what they wanted to do on game days, and ignore what coach Mike McCarthy wanted on offense.”

Czarnecki also believes that Favre and the Packers would be best served if they went their separate ways. He says: "(Favre) still believes he has the arm for the long ball, but the Packers don't really want to give him the weapons he desires. They are building for a future when Favre probably won't be around. In Green Bay, the best players right now are on defense."

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 03:58 PM
:beat:

I like the idea; a beating the Dead Horse thread.

Speaking of beating a Dead Horse, Chris Mortenson came on Heller and Murphy (ESPN 1070 Local Radio Sportstalk) and said Ted Thompson could have closed the Moss deal the Friday before the draft and botched it by deciding to wait.

Noted either TT had hesitations or wasn't as hot for Moss as we all thought.

This allowed NE to get into the game; we all know the outcome.

FritzDontBlitz
05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

preakness burgers, anyone?

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Damn. Was that today??

This horse is not only dead, but it's decomposing and starting to smell...

FritzDontBlitz
05-19-2007, 04:37 PM
omg ziggy what is that in your avatar? did big bird come out of the closet? :shock:

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Fifi...

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/

swede
05-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Fifi looks way juiced!

Is there such a thing as PGH--Poodle Growth Hormone?

How much does she squat I wonder?

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 10:04 PM
She'd be a great nose tackle.

Joemailman
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Fifi...

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/

Is this how you're traveling to Green Bay?

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/KSR/2004/images/FifiStart1.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice avartar.

I don't believe just any ole article that starts out "sources in the Packers organization" much anymore. You have the likes of ESPN, FOX, PFT, all the way down to Joe Arrigo trying to break a story--and a lot of these sources have turned out to be completely false.

retailguy
05-19-2007, 10:27 PM
She'd be a great nose tackle.

We don't need another one, we already have 45 of them.

Bretsky
05-19-2007, 10:29 PM
omg ziggy what is that in your avatar? did big bird come out of the closet? :shock:

the gal loving ugly pink fifi

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM

I don't know. She didn't do so great in the mud pit and last year came out of the water looking kinda sad as well.

And B, you know you love her.

Bretsky
05-20-2007, 06:52 AM

I don't know. She didn't do so great in the mud pit and last year came out of the water looking kinda sad as well.

And B, you know you love her.

I love all girls that love girls. Fi loves other Fi's

That being said that's the ugliest grailee I've ever seen in my life