PDA

View Full Version : McNabb to the Bears?

]{ilr]3
05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Just wild speculation at this point, but this is really the piece of the puzzle the Bears were missing last year. I think they will have more issues this year though and getting a QB like Mcnabb still wont be enough.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20070520_Incites___A_McNabb_trade__in_theory_.html

So while cautioning you that this scenario is strictly the inner thought of one of the area's most sage football observers, here's one compelling theory:

The recent drafting of quarterback Kevin Kolb could mean that Donovan McNabb will be traded before the 2007 season

Bretsky
05-20-2007, 07:19 PM
That would really be terrible

Joemailman
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Hard to imagine why Philly would trade their starting quarterback to the defending conference champs who could use a quarterback. I imagine the Bears would do it, but not Philly.

Brainerd
05-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Chicago is the place where QB's go to die. Someone in Philly wants McNabb to die. Kinda like some around here wanting Favre to do the same thing.

Partial
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Never going to happen. McNabb was the MVP until he got hurt.

The Shadow
05-20-2007, 09:13 PM
#1. The Bears are cheap.
#2. The Bears have never been particularly smart.
#3. The Bears still suck.

Fritz
05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Speculation in the offseason. Ah. But still, it's fun. What would it take to pry McNabb from Philly? Briggs and next year's first and fourth rounders?

I'm just guessing. McNabb does seem to be getting hurt more and more the last couple of years, though.

Merlin
05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't think McNabb can help their offense much. He has a problem staying healthy and he isn't getting any younger.

oregonpackfan
05-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Pure backyard fence gossip!

If McNabb would go to the Bears, it would be very bad news for the Packers.

I believe McNabb is still a top tier QB. Philly fans have never embraced him from the day McNabb was drafted. They still don't appreciate what a fine QB they have in McNabb.

The Leaper
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
There is no way that a playoff contending team will trade their QB...especially to the one team that would become a overwhelming conference favorite if they could get their hands on a reliable QB.

Honestly...where do rumors like this get legs?

]{ilr]3
05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Honestly...where do rumors like this get legs?

Some damn fool started this post and everything went wild after that:
Link:
Damn Fool starting Crazy rumors just to get attention!!! (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=6628)

:P 8-) :shock: :P :shock: 8-) 8-)

The Leaper
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Damn it!!

Stop posting this crap! You only give Mortensen something to talk about.

:P

Scott Campbell
05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't think McNabb can help their offense much. He has a problem staying healthy and he isn't getting any younger.

Nobody is getting any younger. He's 7 years younger than Brett.

A healthy McNabb would have given the Bears the Superbowl last year. The guy is a MVP candidate.

Think about replacing Grossman with McNabb. That's an enormous upgrade.

GrnBay007
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
At one point during a football game, the Eagles coach said to starting QB, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"

The QB nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is whether we win together as a team?"

Again, the QB nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "when a penalty flag is thrown, or you miss an open WR, you don't argue or curse or attack other members of our team. Do you understand all that?"

"Yes", his QB responded.

"Good," said the coach, "now Donovan, go over there and explain it to your mother."

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/birdMcNabbX.gif

:P :wink:

Merlin
05-22-2007, 09:51 AM

A healthy McNabb would have given the Bears the Superbowl last year. The guy is a MVP candidate.

A "healthy" McNabb lost the Super Bowl already. His performance in it was dismal. I am not so sure he would have given the Bears the Super Bowl "W".

BEARMAN
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
#1. The Bears are cheap.
#2. The Bears have never been particularly smart.
#3. The Bears still suck.
You are making me feel unwanted ? :cry:

Remember, BEARS luv to eat cheese ! :shock: :twisted:

Partial
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM

A "healthy" McNabb lost the Super Bowl already. His performance in it was dismal. I am not so sure he would have given the Bears the Super Bowl "W".

McNabb is a top 5 player in the league. He was the MVP before his injury. I definitely think he would have put the bears over the top. He is every bit as important to the eagles as Peyton is to the colts.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2007, 02:25 AM
McNabb is a top 5 player in the league. He was the MVP before his injury. I definitely think he would have put the bears over the top. He is every bit as important to the eagles as Peyton is to the colts.You think so huh? Do you actually watch eagles games (besides vs the Pack) or you just going by the ESPN highlights? Had Mcnugget played all of last year he still would not have beat out LT or Brees.

He isnt top 5 and when he had his chance to go on a SuperBowl winning drive against the patriots and write his name in the NFL history books he couldn't even get the ball off!

Let the bears have him. He has never been the reason the Packers have lost to the eagles anyways.

Partial
05-23-2007, 02:28 AM
McNabb is a top 5 player in the league. He was the MVP before his injury. I definitely think he would have put the bears over the top. He is every bit as important to the eagles as Peyton is to the colts.You think so huh? Do you actually watch eagles games (besides vs the Pack) or you just going by the ESPN highlights? Had Mcnugget played all of last year he still would not have beat out LT or Brees.

He isnt top 5 and when he had his chance to go on a SuperBowl winning drive against the patriots and write his name in the NFL history books he couldn't even get the ball off!

Let the bears have him. He has never been the reason the Packers have lost to the eagles anyways.

Eagles are my #3 team behind the Pack and Jags. He's quite good. He is like Vince Young in the sense that it is not always pretty, but he simply wins games. He would make the Bears scary good.

I have seen probably 30-40 eagles games since he's joined them. We don't get many of them in wiscy.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2007, 02:35 AM
I wonder if his defense has alot to do with it? I would be curious what they have been ranked each year since he was drafted.

Partial
05-23-2007, 03:34 AM
It has been a factor, but he is a great player as well.

2006 game by game qb rating:
then he got hurt

Those are nothing short of spectacular. Then again, sexy rexy had as many games over 100 as anyone. But, McNabb is a much bigger playmaker than Grossman.

Creepy
05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
A bunch of BS. Why?

1. Bears have to sign there player before they can trade him.
2. Eagles will have to renegotiate any contract before he plays for them.
3. McNabb will want a new deal if sent to Chicago, which means Cyhicago is back where they started because they didn't want to give out big contract.
4. Eagles take cap hit for McNabb and then shell out big for LB.
5. Eagles are happy with either the #3 QB or rookie taking over the reigns in Philly.
6. Eagles defense will improve so drasticly it will be compared to 85 Bears, 2001 ravens, or the old Bucs defense.

These 6 item explain why this trade will not happen. If it isn't enough then think of this:

Reid is betting his career & the GMs on trading a franchise QB for a disgruntled LB. Unless he has secret meetings with other NFL teams, I don't think Reid is that stupid.