PDA

View Full Version : Driver on KFFL

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Packers | Agent talking to team about Driver
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 06:46:30 -0700

PackersNews.com reports the Green Bay Packers have been dealing with an issue with starting WR Donald Driver who also is unhappy with his contract. Driver has two years left on his contract but believes he is underpaid. Driver's agent, Jordan Woy, would say only that he has "had talks" with the Packers about Driver's contract. Woy wouldn't say whether Driver would go to the extremes that WR Javon Walker is if he doesn't get a new deal.

(I guess where there is smoke there is fire)

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:25 AM

PackersNews.com reports the Green Bay Packers have been dealing with an issue with starting WR Donald Driver who also is unhappy with his contract. Driver has two years left on his contract but believes he is underpaid. Driver's agent, Jordan Woy, would say only that he has "had talks" with the Packers about Driver's contract. Woy wouldn't say whether Driver would go to the extremes that WR Javon Walker is if he doesn't get a new deal.

Yeah there has to be something brewing there. I feel DD has earned an extension and I'd really like to see him get it. He's been professional and hasn't taken it to the media and I respect that. He's played his ass off and deserves to be extended.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:26 AM

The way Thompson is handling the Packers is world away from the sanity that Sherman imposed. Sherman wouldve given Walker, Driver, and Green extensions already; that's just his way of saying he appreciated the players' contributions.

Thompson is cheap.

Packers4Ever
04-29-2006, 04:17 PM

I don't like the sound of this at all !! Driver is a respected member of the Packer's team and although we sure don't want to set a precedent, he deserves consideration here. We CANNOT do without him unless there's someone else as good waiting in the wings and I don't see that. Let's hope TT gives a whole lot of thought to this and deals fairly with Donald.

Judy

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Not holding out: Driver says he will be at camp
ESPN.com

MILWAUKEE -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver said Saturday he will be at the team's mini-camp next week and is not planning any contract holdout.

In his first public comments since an ESPN report Thursday that he had asked the team to restructure his contract or trade him, Driver said he had never made those statements and intended to fully honor his contract.

"I want to be a Green Bay Packer," Driver said at a charity pool tournament in Milwaukee. "I never said anything. I'm showing up for practice. Whoever said that story, they don't know anything because they never talked to me."

Driver also said he has had discussions with the Packers about a contract extension. He has two years remaining on his contract, which pays him a base salary of $1.36 million next season and $1.84 million in 2007.

The Packers open their first mini-camp under new coach Mike McCarthy on Friday.

"I've never been sad in Green Bay," he said. "The media writes what they want to write. That is just part of the game. You will see me at practice of Friday."

Driver said there was no timeline on completing his contract extension and he intended to play at least the next two seasons in Green Bay.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 11:19 PM

I guess there isn't smoke when there is no fire.

mraynrand
04-29-2006, 11:23 PM
I once got fired for smoking.

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 11:23 PM
So Harvey, correct me if I'm wrong but what I think you're saying is that we should go by what an individual says rather than believing what Michael Smith or packerchatters.com or some other yahoo prints or says with absolutely nothing to back up their statement? I think I like that idea. Of course we may have to shut down the forum if we do that.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 06:16 AM

So should the author of the ESPNothing article.

Tarlam!
04-30-2006, 06:39 AM

I guess there isn't smoke when there is no fire.

I admit I rushed in like a fool to condemn poor ol' DD (although I have been pleading ALL OFF SEASON that TT improves his working conditions, because he's a real Packer guy.

Now, he steps into the public fray and confirms what a dork I am.

My humble apologies for ever having doubted DD. He's a hero in my book. I am duely ashamed of myself.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Its Ok Aussie, you are a decendant of criminals and it is in your blood not to trust. :lol:

Glad to know DD is still DD. TT will be showing him some luv soon.

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I hope TT gets this done before the season starts. I'd rather watch a happy/content Driver than one that is questioning his existance in GB.

Not to mention, with Driver you would never have to worry about showing him the money and then have him slack.....he's a team player/hard worker.

rdanomly
04-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Plus rewarding Driver would be another reinforcement of TT's push for the right kind of character in a player.

Packers4Ever
04-30-2006, 01:26 PM
So Harvey, correct me if I'm wrong but what I think you're saying is that we should go by what an individual says rather than believing what Michael Smith or packerchatters.com or some other yahoo prints or says with absolutely nothing to back up their statement? I think I like that idea. Of course we may have to shut down the forum if we do that.
Hi Pack4ever, how did we both end up with almost the same user name here, and join within a day or two of each other, LOL ??

My feeling on the deal with ESPN and Donald is - a lot depends on which player is under discussion, in this case I would have believed Donald all the way. This morning's JS wrote it up (page 2 - Bob Wolfley) with an explanation of the bad reporting done by ESPN on Thursday, TT and Donald both stated nothing of the sort had been said. It just didn't sound like Donald's way of treating a problem anyway.....

Oh, one more thing, did anyone catch William Henderson on ESPN at about 12:30 CST this noon? Man did he do great, fielding some pretty tough questions being thrown at him by the reporter - whose name I didn't catch and didn't recognize him. Lots on Brett, his attitude, was he coached poorly last season or not coached at all, and on and on. Will was just excellent and answered each and every question with no stammering around and came across smoothly with his answers or explanations. I was really proud of him, he is a perfect spokesman for the Pack, maybe a career in announcing when he finishes here?

Judy

Packers4Ever
04-30-2006, 01:28 PM

MJ, I love the ESPNothing - ROFL !! :mrgreen:

Judy

GrnBay007
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi Judy, welcome to the forum. Yeah, the two names are so similar it does get confusing who is posting.

Willy's comments calling out the suits were by far the best part of 2006 Draft Day 2!!!! :mrgreen:

Homer Jay
04-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Judy, welcome to the forum. Yeah, the two names are so similar it does get confusing who is posting.

Willy's comments calling out the suits were by far the best part of 2006 Draft Day 2!!!! :mrgreen:

Judy is the cute one with all the brains. I'm the fat old man with no hair.

But it does seem we think alike.

Packers4Ever
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM

Judy is the cute one with all the brains. I'm the fat old man with no hair.

But it does seem we think alike.

:oops:

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 07:17 PM

MJ, I love the ESPNothing - ROFL !! :mrgreen:

Judy

Thanks and welcome. We need all the knowledgeable voices we can acquire 'round here. :cool:

GBRulz
04-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Would really like to know if it's true that JW started this rumor. DD fully intends to play his contract, plain and simple. This guy doesn't take anything for granted - wish more were like him.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I still think TT needs to pay him.

b bulldog
04-30-2006, 09:26 PM
He is worth more but you don't want to open a can of worms.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I think it should be made clear that he is getting his payday by working hard, playing above expectations and showing loyalty to the team (i.e. not bitching about his contract.) He's getting the cash because he deserves it, not 'cause he's asking for it. Also have a meeting with Tauscher and tell him the same thing. Call it a roster bonus.

MateoInMex
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Who knows who started this lame rumor, but the journalistic intergrity of Michael Smith is in the outhouse.

That guy is an agenda driven BITCH!!!! Why journalism isn't regulated is because of the 1st Amendment...but it doesn't mean any gossipping puto can print whatever they want just because people will believe it.

Old school journalists are pissed. When fair, accurate reporting ruled back in the days...there was no certain channel that claims their news is " FAIR AND BALANCED" even though they obviously slant interviews because that certain channels owner is a die hard Republican.

In sports, it's a farse. Noone has balls to report accurately...most just spout off and give opinion (which isn't reporting) to get ratings...and the public suffers.

IT'S A SHAME.

Did Javon Walker start that rumor? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But Michael Smith started it...and he needs to be held accountable, because he didn't site any sources....POS!