PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaahhhhh! I've forgotton my wedding anniversary!!!

oregonpackfan
05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I've committed the unpardonable sin! My wife just came up to me gave me a hug and said, "Well? What day is this, dear?"

Sure enough, I had forgotten that today is my 26th wedding anniversary. This is the first and only, time I have forgotten it. We have lots of family events the next few days that must have blocked my eroding memory. Tomorrow, I'm travelling up to Tacoma, WA to brink back my 19 year old from her first year of college at PLU.

Friday, we are sending both kids off to Wisconsin for a family gathering while my wife and I travel up to the San Juan Islands(off the coast of Seattle) for Memorial Day weekend.

Female posters, what do I do to make up for it?

I am now afraid to go 2 person kayaking in the Sound. The place is frequented by Orcas, or Killer Whales. Normally, they leave humans alone. I think my wife might throw me overboard, throw in a couple of bloody, raw steaks and say, "Here, killer, killer whales! I have some fresh meat for you. As an appetizer, be sure to go after the little dangling thing between his legs!"

Will flowers be enough?

Perhaps forever in the doghouse in Oregon.

the_idle_threat
05-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I suppose it would not help to tell her you were celebrating 1000 posts at Packerrats ... :P

I'll be interested to see what advice the ladies can give you. I hope they come through. This info. might come in handy someday ... :idea:

packinpatland
05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Easy enough. If you haven't already completely blown it.
Simply tell her you did not forget, but were waiting till the two of you are alone over Memorial Day.
Now, get your ass to the jewlery shop and pick out a silver or gold bracelet, one that will go with kayaking, and to the very nice restraunt that you will be taking her to. Flowers will not work here, besides you're leaving for the weekend. Having some delivered when you get home would be nice tho....to thank her for the very special time you had, and all the times to come.
Want me to write the card too? You will be getting one of those, right? :roll:
Good luck and have a great time.

Happy Anniversary to you both.

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Friday, we are sending both kids off to Wisconsin for a family gathering while my wife and I travel up to the San Juan Islands(off the coast of Seattle) for Memorial Day weekend.

Have fun watching the Orcas. Hopefully, all three pods swim through for you. The only time I went up there, all three came by. I sat there in amazement as 80-90 killer whales swam by about 30-40 feet offshore. They said it didn't happen too often.

LL2
05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
No whoopie for you this weekend big guy!

Partial
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Have fun watching the Orcas. Hopefully, all three pods swim through for you. The only time I went up there, all three came by. I sat there in amazement as 80-90 killer whales swam by about 30-40 feet offshore. They said it didn't happen too often.

That sounds amazing. I was out there on Pugent Sound once and definitely did not see any whales. Definitely a lot of jelly fish, though. And I went shark fishing which was kind of cool I guess.

Partial
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Easy enough. If you haven't already completely blown it.
Simply tell her you did not forget, but were waiting till the two of you are alone over Memorial Day.
Now, get your ass to the jewlery shop and pick out a silver or gold bracelet, one that will go with kayaking, and to the very nice restraunt that you will be taking her to. Flowers will not work here, besides you're leaving for the weekend. Having some delivered when you get home would be nice tho....to thank her for the very special time you had, and all the times to come.
Want me to write the card too? You will be getting one of those, right? :roll:
Good luck and have a great time.

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Smart married man here ^. Jewelry will cure all.

packinpatland
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Smart married man here ^. Jewelry will cure all.

I'll be honest, I am not overly fond of jewelry. No diamonds on these fingers, just a plain gold band. It's the intent and sentiment that works every time.

But this man needed help, he forgot his 26th anniversary!
Reading his post again, he did have a few things going on., I'm sure his wife gave him a 'get out of jail card'. :)

Freak Out
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Pamper and ass-kiss big time dude. You forgot the one date husbands are never supposed to forget. It sounds like your wife may not have been that hurt by it but its hard to get a good emotional feel for it when you know you could be a dead man very soon.
Don't lie about it......but you know that already. Just make it up to her for the whole week end. I'm sure she knows that you love her.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I suppose it would not help to tell her you were celebrating 1000 posts at Packerrats ... :P HAHAHAHAHAHA, so true (yesterday) and too damn funny!!! HAHAHAHA!

But yeah, he's a dead man.

OPF, I think you need to go buy yourself some of that male "enhancement" stuff and have the performance of your lifetime tonight.

Either that or tell her you are now counting by 5 when it comes to your anniversary?

Partial
05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
This is why men should always use and fill out calendars. So many darn dates to remember.

GrnBay007
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm sure you'll get a pass on this one OPF. Seems like you're a total family man and they mean the world to you... and what more could your special lady ask for. :D

However, now the pressure is on to make the weekend incredible....lol

BTW, I wouldn't mention that 1,000 PR post thing.....it may completely ruin your chances of making it to the posters game. :P

Bretsky
05-23-2007, 11:09 PM
This is why men should always use and fill out calendars. So many darn dates to remember.

Calendars ?

I have two

My mental calendar, which often fails me
And my wife keeps my real calendar. I live day to day and she's a planner

packinpatland
05-24-2007, 06:57 AM

Calendars ?

I have two

My mental calendar, which often fails me
And my wife keeps my real calendar. I live day to day and she's a planner

As it should be. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-24-2007, 07:22 AM
If it makes you feel any better, OPF, I forgot this year too. :oops: (the divorce should be final any time now... :lol: )

I think you've gotten some good advice. After this much time, I'd suppose that you know what it is your wife loves more than anything--and it doesn't have to necessarily cost money. Just remind her how important she is to you.

oregonpackfan
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for all the advice, folks. No, she was not upset as we have many family things going on.

Madtown, I don't need "The little blue pill" yet. I can still "Rise to the occasion!" :)

MJZiggy
05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
TMI!!! TMI!!!! :oops: :P

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice, folks. No, she was not upset as we have many family things going on.

Madtown, I don't need "The little blue pill" yet. I can still "Rise to the occasion!" :)

She says she isn't upset now, but wait till you piss her off. She'll be thinking about this for years to come. Women do not let $hit go very easily

packinpatland
05-24-2007, 01:52 PM

She says she isn't upset now, but wait till you piss her off. She'll be thinking about this for years to come. Women do not let $hit go very easily

Do you need to talk?

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I just tell it like it is

packinpatland
05-24-2007, 02:19 PM

Then I feel bad for you.

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Then I feel bad for you.

Why? I didn't miss my anniversery. :roll:

Scott Campbell
05-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I always remember the dates of my anniversaries. Sometimes I forget which wife goes with which date.

the_idle_threat
05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
:lol:

I'm sure that goes over well.

Freak Out
05-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I always remember the dates of my anniversaries. Sometimes I forget which wife goes with which date.

:lol:

oregonpackfan
05-27-2007, 09:55 AM

Scott,

It sounds like you need another wife whose sole responsibility is to act as social secretary! :)