PDA

View Full Version : Used shoes???

packinpatland
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Who exactly would buy used shoes?
Why not just donate them?

Packers to hold equipment sale

Merchandise from the Packers Pro Shop and unneeded equipment from the Green Bay Packers will go on sale June 8 and 9 in the 14th annual Pro Shop tent sale in the Lambeau Field Atrium.

Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, though shoppers often line up before the doors open.

According to a press release from the Packers, team equipment to be sold will include shoes, game pants and jackets.

MJZiggy
05-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Awww come on. Wouldn't you want a pair of Favre-worn practice shoes. Granted, they wouldn't fit me, but I bet people would pay to possess player shoes (and pants too!)

GBRulz
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
PIP, you have no idea how early people stand in line for this annual sale. It's a HUGE event as people know there are alot of game-used jerseys, shoes, etc from the players. I know, it sounds appalling of buying a sweat ladden jersey from someone, but people pay big bucks for this stuff!

This is the only time I usually buy anything from the overpriced tourist trap AKA Packer Pro Shop!! The markdowns they have on stuff is insane! My calendar has been marked for a month now! I missed it last year because I had an out of town bachelorette party.

MadtownPacker
05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
So whose sweaty jockstrap are you buying this year GBM? :P

packinpatland
05-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Honest, I see nothing wrong with buying used, just not shoes!
Must be a phobia/fetish or something. :roll:

Does the money made go for a cause?

RashanGary
05-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Sounds to me like it's more than just "used" stuff. I think I'll go if I can get some marked down proshop apparel.

BallHawk
05-25-2007, 04:51 PM

I hear she's got her sights set on a rare, 2005, autographed Grady Jackson jockstrap.

Bidding price is going to be pretty high, though. Better bring a shit-load of dimes......

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 07:39 AM

I hear she's got her sights set on a rare, 2005, autographed Grady Jackson jockstrap.

Bidding price is going to be pretty high, though. Better bring a shit-load of dimes......

Thanks BH, that's a lovely thought first thing in the morning !!!! Actually, I'm renting a U-Hual to take Favre's jockstrap home :lol:

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:12 AM

Thanks BH, that's a lovely thought first thing in the morning !!!! Actually, I'm renting a U-Hual to take Favre's jockstrap home :lol:

I'm curious as to when Ted last needed one; me thinks he's lost his stones :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 08:13 AM
You're absolutely obsessed...

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 08:18 AM
You're absolutely obsessed...

You referring to Bretsky or GBRulz?
Probably applies to both. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Only Bretsky could walk into a discussion on jockstraps (Let me know where to send that check, GBR) and somehow apply it to Ted Thompson and what might be in his pants...

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Only Bretsky could walk into a discussion on jockstraps (Let me know where to send that check, GBR) and somehow apply it to Ted Thompson and what might be in his pants...

Actually it was quite easy; haven't you noticed my sig had changed since the Randy Moss theft ?

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 08:34 AM
It's easy only if you're obsessed...

Guiness
05-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Methinks MJZ is paying WAY too much attention to Bretsky and his fascination, and might have a little something to reveal herself!!!! :twisted: :P :twisted:

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Methinks MJZ is paying WAY too much attention to Bretsky and his fascination, and might have a little something to reveal herself!!!! :twisted: :P :twisted:

Yes. She's sick of hearing about it. :lol: :lol:

Guiness
05-26-2007, 09:08 AM
u mean girls aren't attracted by guys constantly talking about....wow. That explains a lot :doh:

RashanGary
05-26-2007, 09:56 AM
u mean girls aren't attracted by guys constantly talking about....wow. That explains a lot :doh:

LMAO...

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 12:09 PM

LMAO...

ditto

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 12:10 PM

she wants TT's jock ?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :crazy:

packinpatland
06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
This from folks running the sale: :doh: Just where I'd want to get my eating utensils from.

"Even so, with a touch of creativity, you can take a size 16 athletic shoe and turn it into what Hooyman calls a "conversation piece."
"Use it for a Packers party. Put ketchup and mustard in a shoe and stick it on the table," she said. "Or stick napkins in one, knives and forks in another. There are all sorts of uses."

oregonpackfan
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
When does the football season start? We are running out of crazy threads! :)

MJZiggy
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Not soon enough. Bring on the crazy threads!!!! :cow:

packinpatland
06-06-2007, 03:47 PM
When does the football season start? We are running out of crazy threads! :)

What are you talking about??? This is fast-breaking news! :eyes:

Packers4Ever
06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
This from folks running the sale: :doh: Just where I'd want to get my eating utensils from.

"Even so, with a touch of creativity, you can take a size 16 athletic shoe and turn it into what Hooyman calls a "conversation piece."
"Use it for a Packers party. Put ketchup and mustard in a shoe and stick it on the table," she said. "Or stick napkins in one, knives and forks in another. There are all sorts of uses."

PIP, my personal favorite would be great as a centerpiece for that party table! Take a beat up old shoe, a high top works well, fill it with potting soil, sink some lovely flowers into the soil and voila !! Stunning centerpiece and sure to be the talk of the party, whaddya think?

8-) :D 8-)

packinpatland
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
PIP, my personal favorite would be great as a centerpiece for that party table! Take a beat up old shoe, a high top works well, fill it with potting soil, sink some lovely flowers into the soil and voila !! Stunning centerpiece and sure to be the talk of the party, whaddya think?

You get the prize.

GBRulz
06-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, went to the Pro Shop Tent sale yesterday. I wasn't too impressed, but also, I got there late and I know alot of the good stuff was already gone. On the positive note, it was the first time I've ever dropped less than $200 at that sale !

They had a rack of game issued jerseys that were signed, all $200. I had never even heard of half the players that were left, but for some reason, I can't understand why nobody wanted the #97 jersey from Hunt ! :roll:

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 10:16 AM
So, what'd you get?

GBRulz
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Well, sadly enough... I didn't have to rent a U-Haul to take Brett's jockstrap home in..lol, but I did manage to snag a couple of sweatshirts, a hat and a calendar.

Patler
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok, went to the Pro Shop Tent sale yesterday. I wasn't too impressed, but also, I got there late and I know alot of the good stuff was already gone. On the positive note, it was the first time I've ever dropped less than $200 at that sale !

They had a rack of game issued jerseys that were signed, all $200. I had never even heard of half the players that were left, but for some reason, I can't understand why nobody wanted the #97 jersey from Hunt ! :roll:

I suppose all the unsold Favre stuff will be on double discount today!

packinpatland
06-10-2007, 10:30 AM
So, anyone on the calender that's still on the team? :lol:

Obviously not to be helped, but mine has Green and Gado.

Iron Mike
06-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Ok, went to the Pro Shop Tent sale yesterday. For some reason, I can't understand why nobody wanted the #97 jersey from Hunt ! :roll:

It smells too badly of resin. :shock:

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I remember in 7th grade I sent a letter to the Packers in 7th grade for a school project. In return, I received a calender which included Antonio Freeman, Santana Dotson, and Ross Verba.

Good customer relations, eh? :roll:

4and12to12and4
06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
oh, the offseason, how fun it is :roll:

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
oh, the offseason, how fun it is :roll:

It's the most wonderful time of the year.... :bang: :bang: :bang:

Joemailman
06-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Just the thing for lounging around the house while eating cheeseburgers.

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Just the thing for lounging around the house while eating cheeseburgers.

In the process, killing all your pets with the foul odor the jersey is producing

Packers4Ever
06-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Not soon enough. Bring on the crazy threads!!!! :cow:

I SECOND THAT, BRING 'EM ON !!! :D