PDA

View Full Version : Time to revisit Nall-Ball

gureski
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Given the fact that Nall didn't turn into a starter in Buffalo last year and given the fact that he fell right back into the #3 role with Buffalo last year AND given the fact that Buffalo drafted a QB in the third round last month....

Has Nall's performance, and Buffalo's drafting a QB in the third round, changed your mind about Nall's future in the NFL?

I want to see if Nall flopping in Buffalo has changed some people's minds about his 'potential' and I want to see who is left that still wants to argue that this guy is just the cats meow.

If you can't be realistic about Nall now, after he failed to beat out Holcombe and Losman in Buffalo.....and Buffalo spends a valuable third round pick on a QB....... you may be hopeless on this subject.

I beleive that most people have come around on Nall and see him for what he is. I think the illusion is gone and people are starting to see him as what he is....a back up QB in the NFL. And that's not a bad thing, it just means he isn't a starter and that he isn't this talented dynamo that some were proclaiming him to be.

Merlin
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Given the fact that Nall didn't turn into a starter in Buffalo last year and given the fact that he fell right back into the #3 role with Buffalo last year AND given the fact that Buffalo drafted a QB in the third round last month....

Has Nall's performance, and Buffalo's drafting a QB in the third round, changed your mind about Nall's future in the NFL?

I want to see if Nall flopping in Buffalo has changed some people's minds about his 'potential' and I want to see who is left that still wants to argue that this guy is just the cats meow.

If you can't be realistic about Nall now, after he failed to beat out Holcombe and Losman in Buffalo.....and Buffalo spends a valuable third round pick on a QB....... you may be hopeless on this subject.

I beleive that most people have come around on Nall and see him for what he is. I think the illusion is gone and people are starting to see him as what he is....a back up QB in the NFL. And that's not a bad thing, it just means he isn't a starter and that he isn't this talented dynamo that some were proclaiming him to be.

No one proclaimed him a talented dynamo from what I recall. We simply stated that when called upon, he did the job. He showed he had something, even if it was to be a perennial backup. Rodgers hasn't shown a damn thing. I thought he deserved to be #2 over Rodgers but he got a good contract from Buffalo. That's pretty much the end of it. Just because someone doesn't start in the NFL doesn't make them a bad QB. But on the flip side, just because someone was drafted in the first round doesn't mean they are a good QB either.

gureski
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
You obviously have no idea of the past Nall conversations that have taken place, going all the way back to JSonline, the Christian site, and ultimately here....

People WERE proclaiming exactly what I stated. Hell, there was mass mutiny last year when Nall was allowed to leave to Buffalo. Some fans were pissed off and the reason was because they felt Nall was a sleeper stud QB.

And regarding your comments, if someone CANNOT earn a starting job in the NFL (over a period of time) or even the #2 position then that DOES indicate that they are NOT starter material nor are they #2 QB material. Rodgers beat Nall out for the #2 spot. Doug Pederson beat Nall out for the #2 spot. Kelly Holcombe beat Nall out for the #2 spot. Losman beat Nall out for the starting job.

You can say Rodgers has done nothing but you have to admit he's done something Nall hasn't.....Rodgers has EARNED the #2 QB job on an NFL team. Nall hasn't done that yet. He was promoted due to injury but never has he gone into a season the true back up QB. It's always been #3. Maybe this is his year though.....

MacCool606
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Based on the past success of the Buffalo QB's, I wouldn't discount the possibility that the problem lies with the coaching. I'm not necessarily saying that Noll would ever be a starter. I'm just saying that a coach's ability to recognize a QB's strength and tinker his scheme to take advantage of it could help make a QB.

That being said, would I want Noll back if Buffalo cut him? Sure - for camp competition. couldn't hurt.

gureski
05-25-2007, 03:16 PM
That was a new coaching staff last year. You can't handcuff them with whatever past coaching staff's did. Nall had a fair shot. He got injured and never wow'd anyone when he was finally healthy.

PackerBlues
05-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I look at Nall the same way I looked at Kampman and Jenkins. I always thought that Kampman and Jenkins both should get more playing time. I never bought into the bs about Kampman just being a guy who played with effort. I always thought that he showed up for every play, and that he was a playmaker. It never made sense to me that he didnt get more playing time than he did. I feel the same way about Jenkins, and yeah, I thought that Nall had what it took to replace Favre and be successful if needed. I thought he could be a starter.
But what do I know, lol.

The Shadow
05-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Nall realized his pinnacle of achievement with a berth as a backup.

Patler
05-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I look at Nall the same way I looked at Kampman and Jenkins. I always thought that Kampman and Jenkins both should get more playing time. I never bought into the bs about Kampman just being a guy who played with effort. I always thought that he showed up for every play, and that he was a playmaker. It never made sense to me that he didnt get more playing time than he did. I feel the same way about Jenkins, and yeah, I thought that Nall had what it took to replace Favre and be successful if needed. I thought he could be a starter.
But what do I know, lol.

Nall's prblem in GB was gaining the coach's confidence in practice. Even during his last season in GB, the coaches commented about the unacceptable number of errors Nall made in practice. Bevell commented something to the effect that he would run the same play 4 times, three doing exactly what he should and the fourth time performing as if he had never run it before.

MadtownPacker
05-25-2007, 07:56 PM
You obviously have no idea of the past Nall conversations that have taken place, going all the way back to JSonline, the Christian site, and ultimately here....
All this is nice to talk about but what about the most important question that was never answered:

Did he or did he need steal the kielbasa? :P

gureski
05-26-2007, 12:58 PM
First off, there has NEVER....EVER been any evidence to support the accusation that Nall is capable of stealing ANYTHING, much less the Kilebasa! I've checked it out! I've done the research! All I found was a rumor of Nall stealing a pencil in grade school but it's unconfirmed and EVEN IF we choose to believe this unsubstantiated report about him stealing the pencil it only goes to prove my theory that he's not a good thief. I mean, if the only time he could steal something was by going down to grade school ..... and a pencil? Who the hell steals a pencil? You accidentally take a pencil.....you forget to give a pencil back but who the hell steals a pencil? It's bush league.... Nobody is even going to miss a pencil! It's just ridiculous. How anyone can still think this guy is a good thief, much less a thief good enough to steal the kilebasa is beyond me!

I'm losing it now! I can't take it anymore! Does anyone have any evidence that Nall has stolen anything at all since grade schooL? Year after year we face this question of whether or not Nall stole the kielbasa yet nobody ever proves the kid is even half capable of stealing the kielbasa!

OH...But he has the tools to steal....sure...right. I've heard it all before. Big hands.....lots of experience lurking in the background inconspicuously, plenty of time on his hands while everyone else is busy on Sunday. And lest not forget those intangibles! I have no idea what the hell that means but some of you are just so damn sure he has them because he threw javilin in college. Never mind he never stole anything except practice reps from the emergency QB.....

But this was just because there were so many better crooks in front of him in G.B..... that's what some of you said, right? Well, hell! He's in Buffalo now and I haven't heard a damn thing about anything missing! Hell, Marv Levy is 80 something and probably half conscious during the day and his wallet is safe around Nall!

I'm just tired of this crap! Nall couldn't pick the centers pocket if it the guys wallet fell in Nall's hands while the ball was being snapped! There is NO WAY IN HELL that Nall stole the Kilebasa!

......exhale.....

That felt good. It was like old times. Thank you, Mad.