PDA

View Full Version : U think the Packers have WR problems? Check out the VIKES!

gbpackfan
05-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Vikings | Wade most likely a starter
Fri, 25 May 2007 12:41:16 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade will most likely be the team's No. 1 wide receiver because of his NFL experience.

Bobby fricking Wade! HA HA HA. Career stats: 101 receptions, 1199 yards and 2 touchdowns OVER FOUR YEARS!!!

Driver had 92 receptions, 1295 yards and 8 touchdowns LAST YEAR!

I LOVE our WR group compared to the Vikes.

Sorry Rastak, even Adrian Peterson can't help your offense if Bobby Wade is going to be your #1 WR.

Rastak
05-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Laugh all you want, I would agree 100% they don't have experienced guys like your one guy. They do have several young guys that could end up pretty good. Next year? Maybe not but in two years they might have a serviceable WR corps.

GoPackGo
05-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Losing Wiggins is going to hurt their passing game the most imo.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Unless the rookie can be a legit starting WR in his first year (which doesn't happen too often), their WR corps is pretty ugly. They do have a nice RB tandem though, and they have some people to work with on the OL--although they didn't play all that well last year. Plus: they have some OL to work with and great RBs. Minus: raw rookie QB, not much to work with in the receiving corps, and their OL needs to play up to their billing. It has the makings of being a below average offense, but they do have a good defense. Hopefully, as a Packer fan, they'll miss Tomlin more than some Purple fans would like to think. I don't think they'll miss Wiggins much.

Rastak
05-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Losing Wiggins is going to hurt their passing game the most imo.

Not sure why but they hardly used him last year. He didn't fit the offense I guess.

Rastak
05-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Unless the rookie can be a legit starting WR in his first year (which doesn't happen too often), their WR corps is pretty ugly. They do have a nice RB tandem though, and they have some people to work with on the OL--although they didn't play all that well last year. Plus: they have some OL to work with and great RBs. Minus: raw rookie QB, not much to work with in the receiving corps, and their OL needs to play up to their billing. It has the makings of being a below average offense, but they do have a good defense. Hopefully, as a Packer fan, they'll miss Tomlin more than some Purple fans would like to think. I don't think they'll miss Wiggins much.

I agree on the rookie WR thing. There are exceptions....Jennings ring a bell? Jackson isn't a rookie, he's a second year player. I agree that the Vikings most likely will have a below average offense, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Williamson learns to catch the friggen football (word has it he's caught 14,000 (no shit) balls during the offseason, after those goofy nike vision excercises. Will it help, I'm not so sure...I think it's all in his head but who knows. Rice is raw but with Rice Allison and Williamson (and Wade, I'm not a big fan yet) and Jackson's arm they may be ok. Harv, you can appreaceate this, I'm an optimist realist with the Vikes. I like the talent they have on the offensive side of the ball. I sure know it didn't show last year but it's a new year with a new QB right from the start this time. AD and Taylor should rock. Defense should be ok. We'll see what happens.

The Leaper
05-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Minnesota is one of the few teams who clearly has a weaker corp of WRs than Green Bay. What is really hurting the Vikings is that their defense is aging fast...so by the time their offense starts coming around, they will probably have to rebuild their defense again.

Rastak
05-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Minnesota is one of the few teams who clearly has a weaker corp of WRs than Green Bay. What is really hurting the Vikings is that their defense is aging fast...so by the time their offense starts coming around, they will probably have to rebuild their defense again.

Hmmmm, so who except for Sharper and Pat Williams is old? That's 2 out of 11. They have actually gotten younger the last two years, not older.

Right now they don't have anyone to replace Pat Williams but they have a bunch of safetys in their mid 20s so Sharper isn't a huge issue.

Guiness
05-26-2007, 08:59 AM

I agree on the rookie WR thing. There are exceptions....Jennings ring a bell? Jackson isn't a rookie, he's a second year player. I agree that the Vikings most likely will have a below average offense, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Williamson learns to catch the friggen football (word has it he's caught 14,000 (no shit) balls during the offseason, after those goofy nike vision excercises. Will it help, I'm not so sure...I think it's all in his head but who knows. Rice is raw but with Rice Allison and Williamson (and Wade, I'm not a big fan yet) and Jackson's arm they may be ok. Harv, you can appreaceate this, I'm an optimist realist with the Vikes. I like the talent they have on the offensive side of the ball. I sure know it didn't show last year but it's a new year with a new QB right from the start this time. AD and Taylor should rock. Defense should be ok. We'll see what happens.

Yes, but we're talking about a #1, the guy who's going to draw doubles, have coverage rolled to his side, etc. Jennings had a great rook season, but would he have if DD hadn't been there? Not a chance.

Yes, I know, NO did it last year, with Colston and Bush leading the team with 70 and 88 receptions each (Joe Horn had 37!!!) and if you think you have a player like one of those on your team, power to ya.

Williamson? *shrug* I think there's less than a crap shot's chance for him. Rastak, I think you're going to find out how good that OL is, and if it can clear a lane through 8 defenders on a regular basis.

packers11
05-26-2007, 09:02 AM
yea not trying to jump onto the bashing the vikings wr but...
Teams will play 1 on 1 with the WR and drop everyone in the box...

I defiantly think Al harris and Charles Woodson would have no issues...

But than again that OL is pretty damn good, and the rb tandem is also very good... It will be interesting...

Fritz
05-26-2007, 11:16 AM
It's always interesting to look at other teams from their fans' perspectives - it makes you realize your own team is not the only one with issues.

The Queens do have a nice defensive line and an offensive line that looks like it will be good, too - and the games are mostly won and lost there. Even though the Queens didn't do well last year, they were tough because no one could move that defensive line enough to run the ball.

I wonder if that's what TT is thinking for the Pack.

ND72
05-26-2007, 11:06 PM
People will laugh, but I'm a little worried about Troy Williamson...his eye doctor found a site "issue" he was having where the ball would be in focus but then loose focus as it got nearer....he had lasic eye surgery and it was successful...kid has talent, if he can put it together now, they could be dangerous with everything but their QB.

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
People will laugh, but I'm a little worried about Troy Williamson...his eye doctor found a site "issue" he was having where the ball would be in focus but then loose focus as it got nearer....he had lasic eye surgery and it was successful...kid has talent, if he can put it together now, they could be dangerous with everything but their QB.

From what I understand he didn't have lasix. They are just trying to strengthen the one eye. Most of the Viking fans that I talk to think it's in his head, and they aren't all that confident it will make much of a difference. The weird thing about him is that I'm not enamored with his skill set--even if he could catch the ball--as some people are. He's quick, and got behind people a few times, but I just don't see the playing speed that goes with his 40. I don't see him being as big as he's listed either. I also don't think you can teach ball skills either. He could turn into something serviceable, but I just don't see him ever being a #1 receiver. He's another case to not reaching for need in round 1.

Scott Campbell
05-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Sounds like he's their version of Fergy, only they spent a 1st on him, and they're not quite ready to write him off yet.

Rastak
05-27-2007, 09:07 AM

From what I understand he didn't have lasix. They are just trying to strengthen the one eye. Most of the Viking fans that I talk to think it's in his head, and they aren't all that confident it will make much of a difference. The weird thing about him is that I'm not enamored with his skill set--even if he could catch the ball--as some people are. He's quick, and got behind people a few times, but I just don't see the playing speed that goes with his 40. I don't see him being as big as he's listed either. I also don't think you can teach ball skills either. He could turn into something serviceable, but I just don't see him ever being a #1 receiver. He's another case to not reaching for need in round 1.

I agree with the Vike fans you've been talking to. I think it's in his head. That having been said, if he THINKS this is making the difference it very well might....as I said, it's in his head. I think he could be a real playmaker if he could hold on to the damn ball. He runs a 4.28 but he's also extremely quick. If he can't catch the damn ball its a moot point.

One guy who'll be interesting to watch Todd Lowber....never played football before but is 6'3" and runs a 4.1. Yup, a 4.1. Somehow I think this will work out as well as Brock Lesner at DT. :roll: but it's well worth a try.

The Vikings have a slew of prospects but at this point its just a bunch of potential....it may not transfer into production. We'll see how they look this summer at camp.