PDA

View Full Version : PETA activist's nightmare

Kiwon
05-25-2007, 05:06 PM
http://img.breitbart.com/images/2007/5/25/D8PBKB5G0/D8PBKB5G0.jpg

Meet a PETA activist's nightmare....

-11-year old boy
-lives in redneck Alabama
-attends a small, private Christian school (Jerry Falwell-approved fundamentalist school, no doubt)
-kills innocent animals (first deer at 5 years old)
-shoots the wild boar eight times with his pistol
-chases the wounded animal for three hours
-executes it with a point-blank shot (or is it "eunthanized?")
-participated in the slaughter of innocent trees in getting a backhoe in to remove the 9 foot-4 inch, 1,051 pound boar
-paid someone to decapitate the animal (54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout) so that its head can be mounted as a trophy
-is making 500-700 pounds of sausage out of the rest of the body

What to do with these young killers? How do we reeducate them? How would you like it for people to make sausage out of you? I give up. It's time for a soy burger.

BallHawk
05-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I just saw the story on Yahoo...

Holy Crap!

Charles Woodson
05-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Yea but the difference is animals are ment to be eaten, i mean its not like he killed a person.

Kiwon
05-25-2007, 05:11 PM
BallHawk wrote:

Holy Crap!

Yes, that hog produced a lot of fertilizer in its lifetime.

the_idle_threat
05-25-2007, 10:58 PM
What the hell are they gonna do with 500-700 pounds of sausage? :shock:

I hope they give it to food banks and homeless shelters or something, rather than just let it all go to waste.

Maybe they can have it made into brats and have a giant tailgate party! :D

Kiwon
05-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Country folks have deep freezers. That boy's family and friends will be eating sausage every morning for the next year.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Are we sure this wasn't photo-shopped?
I had no idea these things existed!

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 08:33 AM
BallHawk wrote:

Holy Crap!

To follow the trend...

That must of been a shit-load of fertilizer!

:wink:

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 08:44 AM

It's real. A guy got one in Georgia a couple of years ago that was dubbed "Hogzilla." A movie is being made about that one believe it or not. Hogzilla had been a rumor for years before he bit the dust. There had probably been several Hogzillas over the years.

Like in some places in beautiful New England :) , the woods are thick throughout the South. There's no telling what critters are running around.

LL2
05-26-2007, 08:56 AM
PETA activist need nightmares.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 09:30 AM

It's real. A guy got one in Georgia a couple of years ago that was dubbed "Hogzilla." A movie is being made about that one believe it or not. Hogzilla had been a rumor for years before he bit the dust. There had probably been several Hogzillas over the years.

Like in some places in beautiful New England :) , the woods are thick throughout the South. There's no telling what critters are running around.

So glad I have a fenced-in back yard. :shock:

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I just read an article in the morning paper about this 'pig shooting'.
My question is this, and I don't claim to be very knowledgable about guns, why would you go after an animal this size with a pistol?

Scott Campbell
05-26-2007, 09:59 AM
My question is this, and I don't claim to be very knowledgable about guns, why would you go after an animal this size with a pistol?

The kid is only 11. Maybe he couldn't afford an elephant gun.

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 10:01 AM

It IS rural Alabama...

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 11:32 AM

It IS rural Alabama...

That's mean. :wink:

There is such a thing as "high tech rednecks." That section of Alabama has a BMW factory and a $1 billion Hyundai factory as well. Chemical giants Olin and Ciba (Switzerland) are there as well as the only Splenda plant in the US. The Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville ain't half bad either.

I'm not from there but if it's good enough for Forrest Gump it's good enough for me. :)

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm not sayin'...I'm just playin'! :P

Joemailman
05-26-2007, 05:43 PM
A have an uncle who owns 500 acres in NW Wisconsin he uses for deer and bear hunting. A couple of years ago, some boars escaped from a a game farm adjacent to his property, but he was not told about it. He ended up shooting 2 of them basically in self defense. The scary thing was that earlier in the year, his sons and grandchildren had been out walking on the property unarmed, not knowing there were wild boars on the property. It could have been a real tragedy.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 06:11 PM
A have an uncle who owns 500 acres in NW Wisconsin he uses for deer and bear hunting. A couple of years ago, some boars escaped from a a game farm adjacent to his property, but he was not told about it. He ended up shooting 2 of them basically in self defense. The scary thing was that earlier in the year, his sons and grandchildren had been out walking on the property unarmed, not knowing there were wild boars on the property. It could have been a real tragedy.

All I can think to say, is OH MY GOD!

Aren't those the things that hurt 'old yeller'?

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Aren't those the things that hurt 'old yeller'?

Wasn't the shotgun the thing that hurt Old Yeller?

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Come on, did you not watch the beginning? Or middle, or whenever the pig-things attacked? :roll:

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Actually didn't he get the rabies from a wolf and not the pigs? Gosh, why I can remember stupid things like that is beyond me!

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 06:56 PM
GB's, right. Yeller protected the family from a wolf and thus developed rabies.

RIP, buddy.

http://www.factropolis.com/uploaded_images/yeller-795589.jpg

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 07:32 PM
How did our kids go from being shown "Old Yeller" to "An Inconvenient Truth" in school? :cry:

Did you hear the story about the Canadian HS student who was shown the movie four times in four different classes? He probably got so paranoid that he was afraid flipping the light switch would wipe Brazil off the map.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 07:43 PM

RIP, buddy.

Yes, there was a bad wolf. But there were also pigs. Pigs that attacked.

the_idle_threat
05-27-2007, 01:17 AM

RIP, buddy.

Yes, there was a bad wolf. But there were also pigs. Pigs that attacked.

True. And an angry Momma Bear too. Ol' Yeller was quite the contender, winning many bouts until he came up against "hydrophobia" and the black powder rifle.

Kiwon
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Chaos reigns!

There are claims that the photos were doctored.

"Still, StinkyJournalism.com enlisted the help of a retired New York University physicist, Richard Brandt, who offers what he says is a "technical analysis" of the Stone family's claim. The site also claims to have evidence that other photos on the family Web site were doctored to make the feral hog look bigger than life."

The family is standing firm that everything is on the up and up. -
http://monsterpig.com/

The family is having a good time with this. The photos are there. There's obviously nothing to hide.

There's a link to both positive and negative comments. The "tolerant" crowd sure has a lot of encouragement for the 11-year old. Lots of kind words about Christians, Alabama, rednecks, the Bible, etc. To them a wild boar has more value than Christians or Southerners do.

packinpatland
05-29-2007, 07:38 PM
I feel vindicated!!!! Did I not suggest that the photo had been photo-shopped early on???
:jig: I knew it.

Kiwon
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I feel vindicated!!!! Did I not suggest that the photo had been photo-shopped early on???

Yhello? Did you go to the website and look at the pictures? Seeing the other photos helps to put the size of the animal in a better perspective. There's no photo-shopping going on.

oregonpackfan
05-29-2007, 08:06 PM
BallHawk wrote:

Holy Crap!

Both of my grandfathers were farmers, so as a boy, I had introductions to shovelling animal manure. Pig manure had no respect for names:

cows produced "Cowpies."

horses produced "Hose apples."

sheep produced "Sheep dip."

pigs simply produced "Pig shit."

I didn't mind shovelling the cow, horse, or sheep manure. The pig droppings were simply disgusting. Never again!

packinpatland
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Yhello? Did you go to the website and look at the pictures? Seeing the other photos helps to put the size of the animal in a better perspective. There's no photo-shopping going on.

The carcass hanging there is nowhere near as large as the one the kid is posing behind. Or the one being fork-lifted.

Kiwon
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm joking, OPF: So this was the path that led you to a career in education? You knew the manure business wasn't the future for you?

Sounds like practical life lessons. Lesson 1 - Everyone should shovel some crap when they're young. It makes you appreciate every good thing that happens to you after that point and helps you to identify metaphorical crap when you are exposed to it in the future.

:)

swede
05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
BallHawk wrote:

Holy Crap!

Both of my grandfathers were farmers, so as a boy, I had introductions to shovelling animal manure. Pig manure had no respect for names:

cows produced "Cowpies."

horses produced "Hose apples."

sheep produced "Sheep dip."

pigs simply produced "Pig shit."

I didn't mind shovelling the cow, horse, or sheep manure. The pig droppings were simply disgusting. Never again!

Having worked on my uncle's pig farm for many a year I can concur regarding both the fecal nomenclature and the aroma. My uncle was president of the church council, never drank or gambled, and never swore other than announcing his intentions to shovel pig shit.

As for the smell, every pig barn in Minnesota erected by intelligent farmers was located due east of the farmhouse in order to take advantage of the prevailing westerly winds' ability to disperse some of the stench, though when city folk happened to comment upon the unfortunate reek my uncle would observe dryly that it smelled like money to him.

There was a worse smell that I encountered on the farm. One of the grain bins developed a slight leak and about a cubic yard of corn had rotted into a carmelized brown mess. Something about the anaerobic decomposition created a smell that made my head snap back. Think of ammonia and vomit with the volume turned up.

packinpatland
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Talk about taking a 'down turn', we are now talking about pig shit????

packinpatland
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Disregard anything I post from this point on, too much vino. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Better than discussing PETA???

swede
05-29-2007, 09:00 PM
"Da Yoopers" have a hysterical comic bit on one of their CD's in which a "Yooper" farmer calls a local hick radio station's morning talk show and proclaims that he has "pig shit" for sale. The alarmed radio host points out that you can't say "shit" on the air. The apologetic farmer then more carefully points out that he has "cow manure, sheep manure, and pig manure, and all kinds of shit for sale."

Pig shit is funny everywhere except on your shoes.

Kiwon
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM

The carcass hanging there is nowhere near as large as the one the kid is posing behind. Or the one being fork-lifted.

I won't argue with you but it's all the same. After I saw the other photos, I had the same impression as you. The animal looked smaller. I think the reason the first shot, the popular one, makes the animal look bigger is because the father is squatting down on the ground when he took it. He put himself nearer to ground level so the animal looks closer and bigger. He's trying to fill the whole view frame.

The other shot of the group squatting at the rear of the animal has the photographer standing and its shows that the animal is in the same position as the first shot. It's the same scene but from a different angle. The 1,000 pound subject didn't move, the photographer did and changed the look of the picture.

So one close-up picture made it look really big and the others shot from more of a distance made it look smaller.

There's no reason for these folks to set up a website and publish a hoax. If they were going to distort one photo then they would have distorted them all. If someone's trying to disceive others this isn't the way they would go about it.

the_idle_threat
05-29-2007, 09:34 PM
A few years back, I drove down to Cedar Rapids, Iowa through pig farm country on a hot summer day. I was driving an old car---it was the first car I ever owned. Although it was very nice when I got it as used cars go, it was limping along by this time. Among other things, the AC was no longer working.

The smell of warm pig shit was on the wind and in the air on that hot day as I traveled through this area with the windows down. It was during this trip that I decided I needed a new car. :idea: Later, I went and leased a brand new car that had AC.

packinpatland
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
A few years back, I drove down to Cedar Rapids, Iowa through pig farm country on a hot summer day. I was driving an old car---it was the first car I ever owned. Although it was very nice when I got it as used cars go, it was limping along by this time. Among other things, the AC was no longer working.

The smell of warm pig shit was on the wind and in the air on that hot day as I traveled through this area with the windows down. It was during this trip that I decided I needed a new car. :idea: Later, I went and leased a brand new car that had AC.

Pig shit will do that to you.

And Swede............don't go making fun of those Yoopers..............I used to be one.........................for a short, relatively speaking, forgetable time in my youth.