PDA

View Full Version : You decide: 24 or LOST

Fosco33
05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I like them both - but the edge goes to my man Jack (Bauer).

BallHawk
05-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Never really got into lost. I watched 2 episodes, but I'm not really a sci-fi type of guy. When 24 has a good plot, it's great, but this year it was the worst season yet. Boring plot, not enough action, etc.

House is a great show. The best on TV, at this time, IMO.

Charles Woodson
05-25-2007, 11:32 PM
24!- BH yea i agree lost has to many conspiracys

Partial
05-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Watch the first 6 episodes of lost and you will be hooked. The shows are very incompable because you can join in 24 at any season and be up to speed. You cannot on Lost.

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I have never watched Lost, so I can't say. However, I was a big 24 fan but stopped watching it halfway through the season, due to being out of town or just plain forgetting and not really caring! Like Ballhawk said, this season was the worst yet. Then I tried to watch it again after missing 4 shows and I didn't know WTF was going on with the Chinese, so I guess if I really want to see the last half of this season, I'll be making a trip to rent the DVD's when they come out.

I DID get hooked on American Idol this year though !!!

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Watch the first 6 episodes of lost and you will be hooked. The shows are very incompable because you can join in 24 at any season and be up to speed. You cannot on Lost.

I tried watching the first 3 and it just didn't do it for me.

I agree, kind of with you on 24.

They are all separate seasons. So you kind of can watch a new season and be up to speed. But you still miss out on things by not knowing the history of the characters.

But also, what makes 24 so great is the unpredictability with the characters as well.

I can't count the number of my favorite characters that have been killed off, and when it happened, I just thought.......holy shit....wow.....the good guys never die on TV. But it always happens in 24. Jack is the only one that keeps living. It's what makes 24 better than the rest.

24 had entirely separate seasons that fly solo of one another.

If you start watching any season in the middle you miss way too much information to give the season a fair grade. You may think you are up to speed, but you are not.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I have never watched Lost, so I can't say. However, I was a big 24 fan but stopped watching it halfway through the season, due to being out of town or just plain forgetting and not really caring! Like Ballhawk said, this season was the worst yet. Then I tried to watch it again after missing 4 shows and I didn't know WTF was going on with the Chinese, so I guess if I really want to see the last half of this season, I'll be making a trip to rent the DVD's when they come out.

GB, I wouldn't even waste your time, or money, renting this season. No major character deaths, no major plot twists, etc. You'd be better off reading a description of what happened on 24's site or on Wikipedia.

I always get hooked on American Idol. However, this is the first time the person I wanted to win from the top 24 actually won.

I never watch the auditions of AI. To be honest, I find it pathetic, a bit sad, really. I'm convinced at least some of it is contrived. I start to watch when they get to Hollywood and then I get hooked from there. However, it's when the Top 12 starts when you really get interested.

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:38 AM

GB, I wouldn't even waste your time, or money, renting this season. No major character deaths, no major plot twists, etc. You'd be better off reading a description of what happened on 24's site or on Wikipedia.

I always get hooked on American Idol. However, this is the first time the person I wanted to win from the top 24 actually won.

I never watch the auditions of AI. To be honest, I find it pathetic, a bit sad, really. I'm convinced at least some of it is contrived. I start to watch when they get to Hollywood and then I get hooked from there. However, it's when the Top 12 starts when you really get interested.

There were two main deaths in 24 last season BH

I'd agree last year was the worst one so far.

But our expectations are so high; I know a couple clients who watched it for the first year and they thought it was amazing

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
2 Main Deaths in this season, season 6, or are you referring to season 5?

Charles Woodson
05-26-2007, 09:42 AM
2 Main Deaths in this season, season 6, or are you referring to season 5?
I assume season 6 and one was curtis, milo?

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I can understand Curtis, but Milo wasn't a "major" death. We knew him for one season. There wasn't an emotional attachment to him or a bond with him, he was just a character. Sure, his death was shocking, but it wasn't "wow!"

ahaha
05-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Neither. The Best dramas are on HBO.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 10:54 AM

I wish I had HBO. Things like Rome would really interest me. I saw a commercial for a new show on HBO "I Lay My Heart at Wounded Knee" which looks fantastic. I love historical dramas and I wish they'd show more on cable TV.

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 12:23 PM

What shows on HBO are good ?

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I can understand Curtis, but Milo wasn't a "major" death. We knew him for one season. There wasn't an emotional attachment to him or a bond with him, he was just a character. Sure, his death was shocking, but it wasn't "wow!"

To me Milo was a "wow" because of how quick it occured. My reaction was a verbal "holy shit"

Charles Woodson
05-26-2007, 01:26 PM

Do you, by any chance, watch entourage? it is so addicting... Its probly my 2nd favorite

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 01:38 PM

To me Milo was a "wow" because of how quick it occured. My reaction was a verbal "holy shit"

It defintely was a death you didn't see coming. When they asked the director of CTU to stand up, the thought crossed my mind, but I didn't think they would do it that fast. That is the 24 I like to see. Surprising, fast-moving, etc. The plot in 24 this season was slower then the development of Robert Ferguson's career.

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:22 PM

It defintely was a death you didn't see coming. When they asked the director of CTU to stand up, the thought crossed my mind, but I didn't think they would do it that fast. That is the 24 I like to see. Surprising, fast-moving, etc. The plot in 24 this season was slower then the development of Robert Ferguson's career.

I was actually quite relaxed during that show; and when that bullet went off I actually kind of jumped in surprise..well not jump....but you know what I mean.

SURE AM HAPPY THE HOTTIE NADIA didn't take the bullet.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I would prefer that Nadia was killed and Kim came back.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/84/250px-Kbauer.jpg

:worship: :worship: :worship: :glug:

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I would prefer that Nadia was killed and Kim came back.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/84/250px-Kbauer.jpg

:worship: :worship: :worship: :glug:

Yes, she was hot. Could you imagine Kim and Nadia ...................ok, I'll stop :lol:

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Think they'd have to take that idea to Skinemax to make it happen. :D

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Maybe I'm still bitter because they killed off Curtis !

BTW, BH.... Your sig cracks me up :lol:

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I speak the truth, GB.

:wink: :D