PDA

View Full Version : THE PONDERING GAME OF WHAT IF'S

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Was talking with another football fanatic about this category and thought I'd throw it would there for anyboy to throw in past or current interesting football what ifs out there to ponder.

You can add in your predicted conclusion if you want or discuss

I'll dedicate the first one to Rastak

1. What if The Vikings would have have traded away several draft picks for Herschel Walker ???

My view: The Dallas Dynasty might have never hit the NFL full force, and Green Bay might have actually won another title or two.

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:38 PM
What if

MM would have run Ahman Green on first and goal at the one against the Bills.

......could Green Bay have finished 9-7, made the playoffs, and possibly even won a game in a very weak wildcard matchup ???

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:40 PM
on other end

What if GB had lost to the Bears

.....Marshawn Lynch would probably be on our roster

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:42 PM
One more before I go shopping

WHAT IF

Reche Caldwell would not have dropped that touchdown pass against Indianapolis in the AFC Playoff game

..........New England probably wins that game, New England probably wins a title........probably does not bother with Randy Moss....and Moss becomes a Packer ??

gbpackfan
05-26-2007, 02:44 PM
WHAT IF Ron Wolf would have never traded for Brett Favre?

WHAT IF Philly didnt convert that 4th and 26?

WHAT IF the Packers had drafted Barry Sanders?

WHAT IF Taco Wallace was still on the team?

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM

....no titles..

...GB possibly upsets Carolina ?

...WOW...

...I like the Taco :lol:

WHAT IF

Ted Thompson is our GM instead of Ron Wolf

.........unlikley we trade a first for Brett Favre
.........?? does he get outbid for Reggie White

Fred's Slacks
05-26-2007, 02:59 PM
What if the Packers had selected Randy Moss instead of Vonnie Holliday?

We might have one or two more Lombardi trophies to brag about. We certainly would not of had as much drama this offseason. Actually if he was still on the team we might have had more I guess. We are lucky the Vikings didn't win a Super Bowl with him. They really should have.

packers11
05-26-2007, 03:03 PM
What if Steven Jackson fell to GB like the packers were planning, but instead got stuck with Carroll...

What if Shermy decided to go for it on 4th and 1...

What if Javon Walker hadn't torn his acl?

packers11
05-26-2007, 03:08 PM
What if Jerry Rice's fumble was actually ruled a fumble?

What if the refs got the call right about tom Brady's fumble against Oakland in 2001 playoffs?

Rastak
05-26-2007, 03:18 PM
What if Jerry Rice's fumble was actually ruled a fumble?

What if the refs got the call right about tom Brady's fumble against Oakland in 2001 playoffs?

What if Drew Pearson had been called for obvious offensive pass interfearence after shoving down Nate Wright? Maybe, just maybe the Vikes would be 1-4 in Superbowls instead of 0-4.

(Hey 0-5 wouldn't have been the end of the world).

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 03:19 PM
on other end

Praise the Lord that didn't happen.

The Shadow
05-26-2007, 04:32 PM
on other end

Beware what you wish for.

Joemailman
05-26-2007, 04:50 PM

Sanders would have made the Packers respectable, which means that Tom Braatz would not have been fired, which means that Wolf would not have been hired, which means that Favre would not have been acquired, which means a slump of 40 years without a Super Bowl in which the Packers would still be mired, which means a situation of which Packer fans would most certainly grow tired.

The Shadow
05-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Sanders would have made the Packers respectable, which means that Tom Braatz would not have been fired, which means that Wolf would not have been hired, which means that Favre would not have been acquired, which means a slump of 40 years without a Super Bowl in which the Packers would still be mired, which means a situation of which Packer fans would most certainly grow tired.

and the cat ate the mouse in the house that Jack built.

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 05:32 PM
What if our team had actually been prepared and ready to play for XXXII? We would be 4-0 for SB's.

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 05:33 PM
What if Chewy didn't go to that prom party that night??

Brandon494
05-26-2007, 05:45 PM
What if we had instant replay back in 99 against the 49ers when Jerry Rice fumbled the ball before T.O. game winning TD catch. :evil:

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 05:46 PM
What if the Packers had selected Randy Moss instead of Vonnie Holliday?

We might have one or two more Lombardi trophies to brag about. We certainly would not of had as much drama this offseason. Actually if he was still on the team we might have had more I guess. We are lucky the Vikings didn't win a Super Bowl with him. They really should have.

GREAT ONE; For the football fanatic like me, some of these will bring back memories I've blacked out

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 05:51 PM
What if our team had actually been prepared and ready to play for XXXII? We would be 4-0 for SB's.

SPEAKING OF THAT SUPERBOWL, TWO TERRIBLE FLASHBACKS COME TO MIND

WHAT IF

On Third and four at approximately their own fifteen yard line or so in the middle to late fourth quarter, Brett Favre scrambled and was running to his left and spotted Antonio Freeman about seven yards ahead with nobody around him. Rather than squaring up, while running left he kind of threw off his left unplanted foot (normally this works well for him). Freeman has a ton of green in front of him. Freeman was squared up. The pass was about three yards behind him. Just a terrible mis throw and the worst pass timing wise in Brett Favre's career IMO.

Green Bay punted while the game was tied; Denver took that punt and marched right down for the winning touchdown.

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 05:56 PM
ONE MORE SUPERBOWL FLASHBACK

THE DROP

After Denver went ahead by one touchdown, Green Bay still had a few minutes to march downfield for the tying touchdown.

On third down with limited time left, Favre went back to pass and found Freeman crossing over the middle. Freeman's defender stubled down and I maintain that Freeman would have had a sure thing TD had he caught the dam ball, which bounced off his shoulderpad. On fourth down Favre threw up the duck to Chumura....game over.

Now even if Freeman catches the ball, Elway may have driven Denver down for a game winning field goal.

That's why it's a big WHAT IF

GrnBay007
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
WHAT IF ....

Brett had never gone away and gotten treatment? :(

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 06:05 PM
What if my blunderingly drunk wife would not have stood up on that bar stool and her bachorette party on Water Street in Milwaukee and cursed Brett Favre and his play out after he refused to acknowlege her request for an autograph for me.

It may have been the turning point in his career; he went on to 3 straight MVP's the next three years.

packers11
05-26-2007, 06:08 PM
what if I was god...

how many superbowls would GB have? :lol: :glug:

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 06:20 PM
what if I was god...

how many superbowls would GB have? :lol: :glug:

Well, all Packer fans, one way or another, worship Brett Favre. Thus, this makes Favre an idol. Therefore, you'd be God and you'd be worshiping an idol. This would make the world explode.

Even though the situation is tempting, I'll stick with the way it is now. :D :wink:

Fred's Slacks
05-26-2007, 06:30 PM
What if TJ Rubley doesn't call the audible?

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 06:33 PM
What if TJ Rubley doesn't call the audible?

Dang; I had blacked that one out too

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 06:35 PM
What if

Ron Wolf had selected Troy Vincent over Terrell Buckley....Vincent was a solid solid starting CB for many years

What if

Ron Wolf had selected Chris Chambers over the Fraud Ferguson

When in doubt, GO BADGER

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 06:36 PM
What if my blunderingly drunk wife would not have stood up on that bar stool and her bachorette party on Water Street in Milwaukee and cursed Brett Favre and his play out after he refused to acknowlege her request for an autograph for me.

It may have been the turning point in his career; he went on to 3 straight MVP's the next three years.

Without a doubt, that was certainly the turning point in Favre's life and his career. Probably every one in the bar as well.

Just curious, was Favre present? Or was she just cursing at a TV screen?

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 06:50 PM
What if

If that happens, does Donald Driver end up blossoming as the Packers next great receiver? 2002 was Donald Driver's breakout year. If Chris Chambers comes in and starts ahead of Donald in 2001, maybe Driver never becomes the Pro-Bowl WR we know and love.

GBRulz
05-26-2007, 06:56 PM
What if

Ron Wolf had selected Troy Vincent over Terrell Buckley....Vincent was a solid solid starting CB for many years

What if

When in doubt, GO BADGER

Better yet, Steve Smith !!

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 07:28 PM

I might have been living above that bar at that time...might've met her (though not if I heard her rip on Favre's play... :| )

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Without a doubt, that was certainly the turning point in Favre's life and his career. Probably every one in the bar as well.

No, he was actually there; that is why she was tossed out of the bar so quickly as well

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 08:31 PM
What if

If that happens, does Donald Driver end up blossoming as the Packers next great receiver? 2002 was Donald Driver's breakout year. If Chris Chambers comes in and starts ahead of Donald in 2001, maybe Driver never becomes the Pro-Bowl WR we know and love.

Driver blossomed with J Walker; Chambers and Driver would have been the perfect pair.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 08:51 PM

No, he was actually there; that is why she was tossed out of the bar so quickly as well

Now, this is something to share with the grandkids someday. :lol:

Bretsky
05-26-2007, 09:31 PM
What if

Was thinking about this some more. After Ferguson's failure his rookie year, Sherman was compelled to trade up the following year in round one and draft Javon Walker. If we nab Chambers we may have never drafted Javon, and we'd still have Driver and Chambers as our starters.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 10:28 PM
The world will never know.....

cpk1994
05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
What If:

Sherman had challenged the Metcalf muff during the ATL playoff game?

Sherman kicked a FG in the first Half against Philly instead of going for it on 4th and 1?

Favre had run into the endzone for a TD against Minny instead of throwing the ball after he was accross the LOS?

Joemailman
05-27-2007, 10:17 AM
What If:

Sherman had challenged the Metcalf muff during the ATL playoff game?

Sherman kicked a FG in the first Half against Philly instead of going for it on 4th and 1?

Favre had run into the endzone for a TD against Minny instead of throwing the ball after he was accross the LOS?

Wouldn't have mattered. Packers were not ready to play that night, and the injury situation worsened as the game wore on.

Hard to say what would have happened. If you project to the end of the game, Packers would have been up by 6 instead of 3. I suspect Sherman still would have punted. Philly would have had to go for a TD instead of a field goal. One way or the other, the game would not have gone into overtime.

Packer might have won that game, but would have gone no farther. That defense was terrible.

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
WHAT IF

TT had closed the Moss deal before NE got into the game ?

...............some in here would be a little more forgiving :lol:

Joemailman
05-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Some would be mad that TT signed that jerk.

MJZiggy
05-27-2007, 11:14 AM
There's just no pleasing everyone.

esoxx
05-27-2007, 11:19 AM
What if I hadn't had that last Whiskey & 7 last night, would I still have insulted my mother-in-law when I.....Oops, wrong thread. :oops:

mmmdk
05-27-2007, 11:41 AM

True...but Moss & me, myself & I says diffently. Please ME, ME, ME :o

Victory is the Packers and stuff.

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 12:24 PM

I know; you women are impossible to please :lol:

pbmax
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Bretsky, I bet I have not only been to that establishment, but there is a good chance I attended a going away party there. Biggest gift of the night?

Autographed Brett Favre game worn jersey.

Which bar was she at? Is she proud, neutral, embarrassed that her party stories include getting tossed out of a bar? :D

Bretsky
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Bretsky, I bet I have not only been to that establishment, but there is a good chance I attended a going away party there. Biggest gift of the night?

Autographed Brett Favre game worn jersey.

Which bar was she at? Is she proud, neutral, embarrassed that her party stories include getting tossed out of a bar? :D

pbmax,

My wife is a probably more proud than anything; she just laughs about it. Was very wild back then and it was her bachelorette party so her entire group has that memory forever.

But she was well beyond intoxicated and ended up getting sick after being tossed out. She does not know the exact bar; just knows it was on Water Street downtown on about 6/10/95.

Badgepack
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
What if Sterling Sharpe, Tim Lewis, Mark D'Onofrio, and Johnny Holland never had major injuries to cut their careers short.

Bretsky
05-29-2007, 07:42 AM
What if Sterling Sharpe, Tim Lewis, Mark D'Onofrio, and Johnny Holland never had major injuries to cut their careers short.

Good one

Especially Sterling Sharpe.

Tim Lewis was going to be outstanding as well

Badgepack
05-29-2007, 08:09 AM
I think Mark D'Onofrio would have been an outstanding LB. He never really got a chance to get his career started.