PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day - God Bless Our Troops

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Happy Memorial Day to all veterans and active duty personnel who are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces around the world.

Thank you for your service and for volunteering to defend our freedoms and our nation.

May God bless the families of the wounded and especially the families of those who lost their lives defending us. We will never forget their sacrifice and we honor their memories.

God Bless America!

http://www.september11news.com/FlagSept12LasVegasVigil3YrOldGirl.jpg

MJZiggy
05-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Amen. Nice new avatar too.

Kiwon
05-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Nice new avatar too.

It's borrowed. Don't tell 007.

GrnBay007
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Nice new avatar too.

It's borrowed. Don't tell 007.

:shock:

:P

Nice!!

Everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you, and same to everyone.

Joemailman
05-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Here's hoping more people start to remember that Memorial Day is not about cookouts and car races. Although Americans will have differing opinions about the conflicts we engage in, I think all Americans can agree we should honor the memories of the fallen heroes, and do what we can to support their families. I lost a cousin in Viet Nam, and I know that his family still is profoundly affected by the loss. It means a lot to them to know that others have not forgotten.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Here's hoping more people start to remember that Memorial Day is not about cookouts and car races. Although Americans will have differing opinions about the conflicts we engage in, I think all Americans can agree we should honor the memories of the fallen heroes, and do what we can to support their families. I lost a cousin in Viet Nam, and I know that his family still is profoundly affected by the loss. It means a lot to them to know that others have not forgotten.

I lost several best friends in Vietnam, trust me, they, and what they did are not forgotten.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Whenever you see someone, especially this weekend. in the armed forces, or someone that was in the armed forces, go up to them, shake their hand and say thank you. It seems so little, but it makes such a difference to them. When my Dad and I were at Richmond Airport we came across 3 young guys off to serve in Iraq. We went up and said thank you and it almost brought them to tears. Our troops really value our support.

God Bless America.

packinpatland
05-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Whenever you see someone, especially this weekend. in the armed forces, or someone that was in the armed forces, go up to them, shake their hand and say thank you. It seems so little, but it makes such a difference to them. When my Dad and I were at Richmond Airport we came across 3 young guys off to serve in Iraq. We went up and said thank you and it almost brought them to tears. Our troops really value our support.

God Bless America.

That was an incredible thing to do. More of us should follow suit.

BallHawk
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM

The way I see it, they do so much for us, the least we can do is show them that we respect and support them.

Kiwon
05-27-2007, 01:30 AM

God Bless America.

BallHawk, I'll echo your sentiments.

I was at Richmond Airport (VA) in August 2006 and had lunch with my family at Ruby Tuesday (I think). Behind us sat a young soldier in desert fatigues with his wife and baby son. I stopped and asked him about his service. He was leaving for Iraq that day.

I brought my family over to greet him and say thanks for his service. He was a young Hispanic man from Buffalo, New York. I tried to give him $40 to pay for his lunch but he wouldn't accept it. He said that he was just doing his job.

He wasn't a big guy at all, but he's more man than a lot of us. His wife was crying and he and I were close to it. I told him I would be praying for his safety and how much I appreciated his willingness to defend our country and keep my family safe.

We owe these men and women who volunteer to serve a great debt of gratitude. Republican, Democrat, or Independent, we should honor and respect the members of the military and their families.

the_idle_threat
05-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Thanks for another great post, Kiwon!

Happy Memorial Day to all veterans!

And on a related note ... :mrgreen:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29808

Scott Campbell
05-27-2007, 07:50 AM

The way I see it, they do so much for us, the least we can do is show them that we respect and support them.

Some of us are asked to pay a much greater price for freedom than others. The sacrifices these people have made on our behalf are staggering to think about.

http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/09/25/ba_tillman.jpg

GBRulz
05-27-2007, 07:52 AM

God Bless America.

I agree. Well said, BH.

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Amen, Kiwon.