PDA

View Full Version : So, who's moving up?

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Possible woman CEO? That would be cool.
I know, not likely, but cool.

'In searching for a new chairman and CEO, the Packers will consider candidates from inside the organization and from other NFL teams.

The most likely internal candidate is Andrew Brandt, 46, the team's vice president of player finance/general counsel. He has been with the Packers since 1999 and is their chief contract negotiator and salary-cap manager.

Vice president of finance Vicki Vannieuwenhoven and vice president of administration Jason Wied were recently promoted and could receive interviews. '

LL2
05-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Having a woman CEO wouldn't bother me, but my bet would be that Andrew Brandt gets it. He's done a really good job with the salary cap and in handling contracts. He's been persued by other teams, so I think they will promote him to prevent him from going elsewhere.

Patler
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Having a woman CEO wouldn't bother me, but my bet would be that Andrew Brandt gets it. He's done a really good job with the salary cap and in handling contracts. He's been persued by other teams, so I think they will promote him to prevent him from going elsewhere.

I think they well go after Reinfeld.

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 06:02 PM

I agree, and that would be ideal choice.

It confused me as to why he left with Holmy; he would have been the successor if he didn't bail out.

bbbffl66
05-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I'd like to see Vicki get it just to listen to writers howl about having to type her last name! :D

MJZiggy
05-27-2007, 07:32 PM
And callers trying to ask for her...

pbmax
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Reinfeldt's tenure here was not without problems as cap man. We could always look forward to being one of the last teams to bring in our draft picks, and I think at least two, if not three years running we had a first rounder miss the start of training camp.

Reinfeldt was said to want to win each negotiation, to make his point as clear as possible. Another exec told McGinn, I think, that the goal should be to get your numbers but let the agent and player believe they got you to give away the farm.

Same guy said Brandt would be better at not letting his desire to win get in the way of a deal, and so far Brandt has a pretty good track record with picks and FAs.

But these are different traits than the ones needed by a CEO. Was Reinfeldt a Wolf guy or Harlan?

Patler
05-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Was Reinfeldt a Wolf guy or Harlan?

Reinfeld was brought in on the business side by Harlan, not on the football side. His first position, I think was in finance. I think he was in GB before Wolf was even hired.

I believe Reinfeld is the one who recommended TT to Wolf, when Wolf gave TT his first chance as a scout. As I recall the story, Reinfeld and Thompson were close friends when they played together for the Oilers.

Patler
05-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Reinfeld was sort of presumed to be the eventual successor for Harlan, until he left for Seattle. I think the rumor at the time was that Harlan was a little peeved when Reinfeld left.

Maybe Harlan won't go after him! :) :)

Fritz
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Harlan's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He may feel he has to swallow his pride and call up Tennessee. But if you're Reinfeld the GM in Tennessee, how appealing would the distant position of President be, I wonder?

Patler
05-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Harlan's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He may feel he has to swallow his pride and call up Tennessee. But if you're Reinfeld the GM in Tennessee, how appealing would the distant position of President be, I wonder?

Some have described the Tennessee position as only "co-GM" because of the authority Fisher has in the organization. It probably would come down to making a decision as to which side of the organization he wants to be on, the football side or the business side.