PDA

View Full Version : More baby news...a Memorial Day!

LL2
05-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Congrats to Chubby Hubby!

Our daughter was born this morning. She is 6lb 11 oz. and 19 inches long. Her name is Kaitlyn Elizabeth. Mom and daughter are doing well. We can't forget the day she was born - Memorial Day!

MJZiggy
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Prolific weekend. Congratulations to you too!! Very pretty name.

GrnBay007
05-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Congrats LL2 and Mom!!!

http://64.211.46.141/usag/05674.gif

the_idle_threat
05-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats to you as well, LL2! 8-)

Wow ... 2 members of this site---both Packer fans in enemy territory---with newborn daughters born days apart. What a coincidence!

packinpatland
05-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!
Wow, anyone else??
Glad we're not drinking the same water. :wink:

Scott Campbell
05-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, anyone else??

Not that I know of.

Congrats LL2!

HarveyWallbangers
Congrats. Two more Packer Rats.

GrnBay007

LOL agree!

Looks like the gals were conceived during football season! Celebration? :P
No doubt they will be Packer fans now!!

Chubbyhubby
05-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Congrates! Just went to see Sandy and she is off her antibotics. Jaudice is fading. They did the footprint idenification when we were there. I am wearing a white baseball hat with Sandy's footprints on it.. Congrates again!

MJZiggy
05-28-2007, 02:04 PM
See, that's a picture I'd like to see.

Chubbyhubby
05-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I guess our babies wanted be see if TT is going to get anyone after the June 1st cuts...

Chubbyhubby
05-28-2007, 02:53 PM
See, that's a picture I'd like to see.

I'll get a picture of it tomrrow.

LL2
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM

LOL agree!

Looks like the gals were conceived during football season! Celebration? :P
No doubt they will be Packer fans now!!

You bet they were conceived during football season and in Bears territory. Which spells Bad News for the Bears! I gotta get some pink Packer gear. I'll be heading to Wisconsin sometime soon.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats LL!

Looks like you and Chubby had a high completion percentage last preseaon. :P

Joemailman
05-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Congrats LL!

Looks like you and Chubby had a high completion percentage last preseaon. :P

20...10...5...Touchdown!!

LL2
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
What amazes me is the high tech security they have in maternity wards these days, and for good reason. Our daughter has a security item clamped to her umbilical cord. If she were to be taken too close to any of the exits or entrance ways an alarm will sound and the maternity ward goes into a lockdown. It comes off when we take her home. It brings a little peace of mind.

oregonpackfan
05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
What amazes me is the high tech security they have in maternity wards these days, and for good reason. Our daughter has a security item clamped to her umbilical cord. If she were to be taken too close to any of the exits or entrance ways an alarm will sound and the maternity ward goes into a lockdown. It comes off when we take her home. It brings a little peace of mind.

Heck,

I was impressed with the security with my newborn daughter 19 years ago. When discharging her, both nurses read off the patient ID # to each other twice and had we parents verify the number in front of them.

What was funny was the features of the babies in the maternity room at the time. There was a pair of petitie Asian-American twin girls about 4 and 1/2 pounds each, a Hispanic baby girl of about 6-7 pound. and my daughter.

She was 9 lbs. 13 oz. inch long red hair, and the only Anglo baby. I joked to the nurses, "Yeah, the red-headed, linebacker-sized girl is mine, all right!"

Nineteen years later, she lost her humongous size and is now 5' 7", 125 lbs, but still has the red hair--now shoulder length.

GrnBay007
05-29-2007, 12:33 AM
I think it's great the hospitals are being very security oriented. You used to hear a story every now and then how the wrong baby was given to the parents when they left the hospital........how terrible that would be. When I had mine they had codes on the wrist band...mom and baby matching and dad too. There's no mistaking mine now though. Apparently they have my features. Every time someone tells my daughter she looks just like me she looks at me and says, well that's #500....lol

MJZiggy
05-29-2007, 07:05 AM
When mine was born, they had the matching wristbands to compare, and they also had a policy that you were not allowed to take the baby out of the bassinet outside your room. There was some sort of ruckus in the hallway and some of the moms popped our heads out of our doorways to see what was going on and the nurses yelled at us because the babies weren't in their bassinets.