PDA

View Full Version : The Year The Fraud Puts It All Together

Partial
05-29-2007, 02:25 PM
*guzzles kool-aid*

*sigh of enjoyment*

ahhh

I think this guy is gonna light it up this year. He looks thick and strong like a farmer. Hopefully he learns to play as well as he looks this year.

Badgepack
05-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I think Ruvell Martin is going to be a solid 3rd/4th WR this year for the Packers.

oregonpackfan
05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Does "this guy" have a name? :?:

woodbuck27
05-29-2007, 02:39 PM

I believe, his initials are R.F. :)

oregonpackfan
05-29-2007, 02:47 PM

I believe, his initials are R.F. :)

If you are referring R. F. to "Robert Ferguson" I will believe he will "Light it up" when I see it.

Unfortunately, I see one of two scenarios for Ferguson:

1. He is cut from the team before the season begins or:
2. He receives a season-ending injury before game 6.

the_idle_threat
05-29-2007, 03:25 PM
It's probably time for this "farmer" to get on his tractor and ride into the sunset. Maybe he can borrow a tractor from Brett.

retailguy
05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I believe Ferguson will put it "all together", and work on his next career as a loan officer at a major Wisconsin bank. You know, that bank that Bretsky works at.

I can foresee many hours of training at a branch between Madison and Milwaukee..... :shock:

He'll look great in the pre-docsigning meetings and then FREEZE up during the live meeting with the client. :P

Ferguson is a goner and might not make it past the first round of training camp cuts, without a stellar pre-season combined with a couple of young player flops. I almost think that other players will decide Fergie's fate this year - instead of Robert himself. 87 should be shortlived. :wink:

Joemailman
05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
It's a numbers game with Fergy this year. At least one of the drafted WR's would have to be a flop, ala Cory Rodgers, and even then it's not a sure thing. Right now I see 6 WR's with a better chance than Fergy: Driver, Jennings Martin, Holiday, Jones and Clowney. That doesn't even take into account the possibility that Bodiford or Brewster could make it because of kick return ability.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
You're forgetting one of the rookies could be practice squad'ed. If Fergy is healthy and looks good in training camp/preseason then he is a lock at 3(barring a Jones breakout). The team has too much invested in him and he has too much talent not to give him another look regardless the amount of chances given.

Joemailman
05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Any team could take one of the rookies off the Packers PS and put them on their regular roster, which is likely what would happen. The fact that the Packers have invested a lot in Fergy is no reason to keep him if you have a younger guy who you think can be better. Sometimes you have to cut your losses.

esoxx
05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I think this guy is gonna light it up this year. He looks thick and strong like a farmer.

The problem is he plays like a farmer. In fact, I think a farmer could go up for the ball and fight for it harder than the Ferge-Meister.

the_idle_threat
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
The question is ... does milkin cows give you good hands or not?

BallHawk
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I think Ruvell Martin is going to be a solid 3rd/4th WR this year for the Packers.

Ruvell Martin will be a solid #3 in this organization not only for this year, but for years to come. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him becoming a #2, after Donald moves on.

Packnut
05-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Ruvell Martin will be a solid #3 in this organization not only for this year, but for years to come. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him becoming a #2, after Donald moves on.

Not in this lifetime. If TT had seen anything in Martin, he does'nt draft 2 WR's. Jones will be #3 this season with Clowney #4 until and IF K-Rob comes back. Holliday and Martin fight it out just to make the team. Flip a coin as to who wins that one.

esoxx
05-29-2007, 08:18 PM

I think you're severly overrating Ruvell Martin. Hope I'm wrong.

esoxx
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
The question is ... does milkin cows give you good hands or not?

It would help if he used some udder balm out there. Hell, it couldn't hurt.

Green Bud Packer
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
after all these years i don't see fergie breakin out anytime soon.

with driver,jennings,and robinson the pack should be o.k. at wideout. it'll be a good battle for #4.

BallHawk
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM

I think you're severly overrating Ruvell Martin. Hope I'm wrong.

The guy has size. He's 6'4, 220 pounds. He's 2 inches taller then any WR on our roster. That is why I think he has about an 65% chance on making the roster on his size alone. Martin played great against the Bears, in the final game of last season. 100+ yards in that game. He doesn't have great TD stats, but he needs to be looked at more in the red zone. He can be a big red zone target. People were crying for Randy Moss. He could of been that "big red zone target." We have one on our team. If Ruvell can't be a red zone target, then I don't know what can.

Tony Oday
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Fraud is going to have 60 catches 3 TDS and 4 drops...

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
The guy has size. He's 6'4, 220 pounds. He's 2 inches taller then any WR on our roster.

Not to demean your take, but so what? He's 6'4". If it was just a matter of being tall, teams would sign NBA players as WRs. He's also one of the slowest receivers in the NFL. Martin may make the team. I wouldn't expect him ever to be better than a #4 receiver. He has athletic limitations. Abdul Hodge can hit like a freight train, but you can't teach speed.

Tony Oday
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
they do sign basketball players...Gates comes to mind :)

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
they do sign basketball players...Gates comes to mind :)

Ironically, Gates is not tall for his position. He's good because he's athletically gifted for his position.

BallHawk
05-30-2007, 06:17 AM
The guy has size. He's 6'4, 220 pounds. He's 2 inches taller then any WR on our roster.

Not to demean your take, but so what? He's 6'4". If it was just a matter of being tall, teams would sign NBA players as WRs. He's also one of the slowest receivers in the NFL. Martin may make the team. I wouldn't expect him ever to be better than a #4 receiver. He has athletic limitations. Abdul Hodge can hit like a freight train, but you can't teach speed.

I will admit, Martin is probably the slowest receiver on our roster. However, you don't have to have speed at every WR slot. Donald, Jennings, Clowney, they all have speed. None of them have the size, however, to be a big red zone target. Martin has that size.

Bretsky
05-30-2007, 07:22 AM

:bow:

Patler
05-30-2007, 07:49 AM
If Ruvell Martin is the #3 receiver, the receiving corps is in huge trouble. I would hate to see him as the #4 receiver, because one injury moves him up to #3 and puts him on the field a lot. I am perfectly content with him as #5. He has one thing to offer - size. He has good enough hands to make some difficult catches, but he also dropped some routine throws.

I hope to see Holiday bypass Martin, I think he has more to offer and has decent size too. I hope only one of them makes the final roster. That would mean that Jones and Clowney have shown good ability.

Badgepack
05-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Some of out young, borderline players are going to have to step up and make plays this year. I think/hope it will be Ruvell. He had a couple of good games last year, he seems to have a good head on his shoulder, and this summer he is working hard to improve his game. Time will tell.

MadtownPacker
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Last season at the 49ers game Martin made the toughest catch I think a Packer WR made all season. You guys probably remember it.

Martin was all alone running down the sideline towards the endzone and no defender was in sight. Favre saw him and threw a deep pass that took forever to get there. Me and probably every other Packer backer in the stands let out a hugh sigh of relief as he caught it and strolled into the endzone.

I have always thought the sure things are the toughest catches and most likely to be dropped. Gotta give him cred for that one.

Cheesehead Craig
05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
You're forgetting one of the rookies could be practice squad'ed. If Fergy is healthy and looks good in training camp/preseason then he is a lock at 3(barring a Jones breakout). The team has too much invested in him and he has too much talent not to give him another look regardless the amount of chances given.
When did Fergy get talent? I hate it when I don't check here often enough, I miss things like this when they happen.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
When did Fergy get talent? I hate it when I don't check here often enough, I miss things like this when they happen.

Seems like our coaching staff and front office though so, especially the year he got hurt vs. Philly(2nd or 3rd year?)

run pMc
05-30-2007, 01:50 PM
He'll have to put it together in camp to make the squad...for all the hand-wringing about the WRs, there should be some interesting competition there. DD, Jennings, and Jones are locks. Jones probably gets the #4 spot and (hopefully) moves into the #3 spot by end of season. Whether Fergy wins the #3 spot at the start of the season or gets cut remains to be seen.

With Fergy putting on the muscle mass and taking things seriously, there's reason to hope he can take the ST poundings and still play WR better than he has. This is a make-or-break training camp for Fergy.

Clowney is probably a #5 at this point...they could stash him on the PS...that being the case, so what? If Fergy is better than Clowney at the start of the season, keep Fergy until Clowney figures it out.

Of course, this is all speculation, since it's not even training camp yet.

I think Ko-Ro, Martin & Holiday are the wildcards. If Koren gets reinstated into the league and is near game-shape, what then? He certainly makes a capable #3. Unless somebody else falls flat, Martin & Holiday are probably fighting for one spot.

Not sure what they're going to do with Brewster and Bodiford, but there's always the chance they could surprise. With Brewster already having played in the NFLE, I'd guess he'd hit the wall by week 10.