PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Bashers = Idiots

Reggie 92
05-30-2007, 04:21 AM
Good thing the brass in GB has more common sense than the legion of idiots that have made bashing TT their pastime. When Harrell opens up lanes for Hawk and blossoms into a disruptive force will they still be clammoring for Meachem who showed up to Saint's camp out of shape and unmotivatied?

I read the posts on this website apprxoimately 3 times a week and rarely post. All the "doom and gloomers" ..while I believe they probably have the Pack's best interest in heart, are stuck in 1996. It's a decade later and the NFL has evolved. It's not the era of leaving your franchise players unprotected and vulvnerable to free agency. It's an era of drafting smart and

Thompson is genius. Look at the '06 draft. He revamped a OL to fit the scheme with competent and skilled players and added a franchise player in Hawk. Jennings could blossom into something special..a pro-bowler.

The lasting image of this draft is the group of 13 year olds booing the selection of Harrell. How shameful.. The kid looks like he's going to be special. Look at his combination of size, penetration, run support, and leadership. The man pleyed hurt when it counted and PRODUCED.

Kiwon
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Drinking and typing again, are we? :mrgreen:

RashanGary
05-30-2007, 06:39 AM
I don't think they are idiots but other than that, nice post. I pretty much agree with everything, esspecially the era changing.

Kiwon
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
BTW - I think Justin Harrell will do very well and that people will be glad we have him.

Zool
05-30-2007, 07:44 AM
I have to say I was disgusted by the kids booing the Harrell pick. Absolutely ridiculous and egotistical to think you know better than a guy who's getting paid to do this for a living.

I'm no huge Thompson supporter, but there's no way in hell I know more than he does about football players.

gbpackfan
05-30-2007, 07:45 AM
People aren't "idiots" because they disagree with you. I hope like hell the Packers win 10+ games this season but I dont see it happening. But who knows, it is way too early to predict anything right now.

cpk1994
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
I have to say I was disgusted by the kids booing the Harrell pick. Absolutely ridiculous and egotistical to think you know better than a guy who's getting paid to do this for a living.

I'm no huge Thompson supporter, but there's no way in hell I know more than he does about football players.

THe kids wern't the only ones booing. That said, it is not hard to see why the pick was booed. The offense has a lot of holes and instead of picking to help the offense, you pick a player where you have depth already.

I have a feeling the kids just followed along. Only because the cameras were on the kids is this even an issue. Even then, so what? So they booed. I'm sure there were quite the few on this board who booed the pick. I mean, we are not allowed an opinion in your hoilier than thou presence?

cheesner
05-30-2007, 09:31 AM

THe kids wern't the only ones booing. That said, it is not hard to see why the pick was booed. The offense has a lot of holes and instead of picking to help the offense, you pick a player where you have depth already.

I have a feeling the kids just followed along. Only because the cameras were on the kids is this even an issue. Even then, so what? So they booed. I'm sure there were quite the few on this board who booed the pick. I mean, we are not allowed an opinion in your holier than thou presence?
Do you see the difference in someone posting an analysis of the Harrell pick and who they would have picked and why; and someone posting that TT is a moron because it was a bad pick? I don't mind critical analysis but yes, people who launch personal attacks on TT are out of line.

Just remember, the Nick Colllins and the Greg Jennings picks were also panned and booed by many Packer fans. I won't call the boo'ers idiots, but obviously they haven't learned from the past. Perhaps TT is on top of things when it comes to selecting players in the draft. We have yet to see a major bust, he is definitely ahead of the curve on talent evaluation - at least so far

I don't want a blind faith cheering section either, mind you, but many of the posts strayed from any type of intelligent discussion and centered on angry knee-jerk reactions.

Zool
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM

I have a feeling the kids just followed along. Only because the cameras were on the kids is this even an issue. Even then, so what? So they booed. I'm sure there were quite the few on this board who booed the pick. I mean, we are not allowed an opinion in your hoilier than thou presence?Apparently you are entitled to your opinion but I'm not? How does that work?

mmmdk
05-30-2007, 11:11 AM
People aren't "idiots" because they disagree with you.

...but they could be :roll:

The Leaper
05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
People aren't "idiots" because they disagree with you. I hope like hell the Packers win 10+ games this season but I dont see it happening. But who knows, it is way too early to predict anything right now.

People may not be idiots...but what they are saying may be idiotic.

:D

TennesseePackerBacker
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM
AK & Harrell will be the leaders of our line for years to come

Scott Campbell
05-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Apparently you are entitled to your opinion but I'm not? How does that work?

Just like marriage.

gbpackfan
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
People aren't "idiots" because they disagree with you.

...but they could be :roll:

They also could be little green men that live on the moon and eat cheese, but I doubt it.

bbbffl66
05-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I forget. What is TT's record as GM? Way over .500 right? To say I'm an idiot because I believe TT has reached his own personal Peter Potential is ridiculous. We can disagree, but we all want the same thing- a Super Bowl. Some of us believe thta we are farther away now because of TT's moves-or lack thereof. I hope we are wrong.

cheesner
05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Can we all agree that these guys are idiots?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw

Zool
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Thats a full minute of my life I'll never get back. These guys need some Zoloft and a swift kick in the ass of reality.

cheesner
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I forget. What is TT's record as GM? Way over .500 right? To say I'm an idiot because I believe TT has reached his own personal Peter Potential is ridiculous. We can disagree, but we all want the same thing- a Super Bowl. Some of us believe thta we are farther away now because of TT's moves-or lack thereof. I hope we are wrong.
I say we are an average team on the rise with lots of young potential. TT took over a club that was slightly above average and on a serious decline with little potential in young players. The fact that TT made this turn-around so quickly is something he should be applauded for.

Winning in todays NFL is not as simple as a mere decision. It takes a lot of work and development.

Charles Woodson
05-30-2007, 02:40 PM
See i guess im waiting for the time that TT prove me wrong, but what has he done so far? not much... The title of this thread wasnt neccesary because the same can be said for you, just because not everyone sees it your way doesnt mean that they are idiots.

Packnut
05-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Good thing the brass in GB has more common sense than the legion of idiots that have made bashing TT their pastime. When Harrell opens up lanes for Hawk and blossoms into a disruptive force will they still be clammoring for Meachem who showed up to Saint's camp out of shape and unmotivatied?

I read the posts on this website apprxoimately 3 times a week and rarely post. All the "doom and gloomers" ..while I believe they probably have the Pack's best interest in heart, are stuck in 1996. It's a decade later and the NFL has evolved. It's not the era of leaving your franchise players unprotected and vulvnerable to free agency. It's an era of drafting smart and

Thompson is genius. Look at the '06 draft. He revamped a OL to fit the scheme with competent and skilled players and added a franchise player in Hawk. Jennings could blossom into something special..a pro-bowler.

The lasting image of this draft is the group of 13 year olds booing the selection of Harrell. How shameful.. The kid looks like he's going to be special. Look at his combination of size, penetration, run support, and leadership. The man pleyed hurt when it counted and PRODUCED.

It would be nice to have a player PRODUCE on the field BEFORE you nominate them for the freakin hall of fame. Just because you believe something that will come through in the future does'nt make people who dis-agree with you idiots. It just makes them REALIST'S who would prefer to actually see production on the field before making a conclusion.

Also with Harrell's injury history, it's pretty damn foolish to just assume he's gonna be healthy enough to produce. Is it all right if some of us watch him play a full season BEFORE we slap Teddy on the back? I hope Harrell is an improved version of Gilbert, but I've seen what a healthy grave-digger could do while Harrell has'nt played an NFL down.

As far as the overweight Meachem goes, geez it's only MINI CAMP. No one in their right mind makes any judgements this early.

Contrary to what some around here believe, FANS are what make the NFL, therefore they have every right to voice their opinion and just because it differs with you, does'nt make anyone wrong at this point since nothings been proven.

Honestly, as I've stated before, if you look at all the Packer fan opinion polls through out the internet, your opinion is in the minority. The majority of fans who voice their opinion believe the DL was not a position of need while several other positions on this team are. The majority of analysts have stated the same thing.

Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong. The real idiots are the ones who believe at this early stage, that any conclusive proof exists one way or the other because it DOES'NT! Thompson is not an idiot nor is he a genious. He's done a great job in some areas and a lousy job in a few others. We'll have a much better idea after this season, where we are headed.

swede
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I booed the pick, and I'm an idiot, so therefore...

...wait...what were we talking about again?

Bretsky
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I think it's idiotic to call anybody an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

packinpatland
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Now come on, there's a time and a place for everything. :wink:

Joemailman
05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Except for me, I think everyone who posted on this thread is an idiot. :taunt:

Scott Campbell
05-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Except for me, I think everyone who posted on this thread is an idiot. :taunt:

Agreed.

Kiwon
05-30-2007, 07:18 PM
You and I are the only perfect ones.......and I'm not so sure about you.

retailguy
05-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Boy, this thread really encourages differing opinions. :roll:

Kinda sad when you think about it. If you aren't excited about this years Packers team, you're an idiot? Ok. Well then, I know a bunch of people who are idiots. A BUNCH.

That's why they play the games. I hope, come week 7, and the bye week, I'll be pleasantly surprised... If I am, I'll still be here, taking the crap from all you "positive Ted lovers". If I'm not pleasantly surprised, I'll be taking apologies from all of you. :wink:

RashanGary
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
That's why they play the games. I hope, come week 7, and the bye week, I'll be pleasantly surprised... If I am, I'll still be here, taking the crap from all you "positive Ted lovers". If I'm not pleasantly surprised, I'll be taking apologies from all of you. :wink:

I'd like to think I'll give an appology but I think I'm going to make excuses ;)

gbpackfan
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I am clearly not an idiot because I posted an idiotic post in a forum full of idiots.

Bretsky
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM

I'd like to think I'll give an appology but I think I'm going to make excuses ;)

Yes, you will

You will play some kind of injury card

And I'll point out we had plenty of cap space to fill gaps so the injuries wouldn't hurt us nearly as much

We'll be able to take our debates to new horizons :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I'll apologize if we aren't a legit contender in 2008.

Bretsky
05-30-2007, 09:54 PM

If you are giving him 08, you might as well give him a few more years using the reasoning that there will be an adjustment period after Favre as well

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
If you are giving him 08, you might as well give him a few more years using the reasoning that there will be an adjustment period after Favre as well

No. He's had time to plan for life after Favre. I don't know that Favre will retire after this year either. Aaron Rodgers might even be the answer.

Bretsky
05-30-2007, 10:20 PM

No. He's had time to plan for life after Favre. I don't know that Favre will retire after this year either. Aaron Rodgers might even be the answer.

Here's to hoping that he is :glug:

Lurker64
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Anybody else want to lock the original poster and PackersBlues in a thread together just to see what happens?

woodbuck27
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM

Then I'm guessing that you believe that we'll have Favre for 2008?

GO PACKERS !

rpiotr01
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM

Then I'm guessing that you believe that we'll have Favre for 2008?

GO PACKERS !

I think by 2008 Favre will be our new President and CEO, and he'll make the new GM he hires sign a bunch of WRs and TEs. So yes, that'll draw him back ;)

Merlin
05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I personally love being called an idiot when someone disagrees with me. Also, calling what I say idiotic or moronic when they disagree with me.

That being said, it's apparent that only "certain" people have a right to their own opinion.

I guess I am not one of them, what's next? Take away my freedom of speach?

Geesh... :crazy: