PDA

View Full Version : we're getting to about that point...

ND72
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
so what are we looking at round 2?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
so what are we looking at round 2?

I think we are either looking at a slipper (somebody who was projected to go round one such as Carpenter if he lasts) , or at an OG like Davin Joseph.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Hopin for Chad Jackson to slip (a guy can dream, can't he?)

Otherwise maybe a G like Davin Joseph..We need one of those bad..He seems athletic enough to fit in the zone scheme too..

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Right now it is a wait and see. Guys are going to falling, and the Packers most likely will take a player with the highest grade. Maybe it is Davin Joseph, but don't be on it, it will be something a little more flashy than that.

SkinBasket
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Hopin for Chad Jackson to slip (a guy can dream, can't he?)

Otherwise maybe a G like Davin Joseph..We need one of those bad..He seems athletic enough to fit in the zone scheme too..

I was hoping for Holmes myself. Seems more versatile.

ND72
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Holmes is becoming more a possibility by every pick....i can't believe some of these guys that are still there.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
I was thinkin the same thing....Holmes can play football.

He's a lot like Steve Smith.

ND72
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
there are just some amazing guys left, Deangleo williams, chad jackson, santonio holmes, winston justic, jimmy williams...on and on.[/img]

Bossman641
04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I'd love to get DeAngelo Williams. He is one of my favorite players in this draft. If Jackson continues to fall he is a possibility as well. I just hope the Bears don't get him.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Right now it is a wait and see. Guys are going to falling, and the Packers most likely will take a player with the highest grade. Maybe it is Davin Joseph, but don't be on it, it will be something a little more flashy than that.

I think this is exactly what is going to happen as well. ND's scout buddy said so much yesterday.

oregonpackfan
04-29-2006, 02:37 PM
A receiver like Chad Jackson or Arizon State's Derek Hagen would be nice.

I've watched several games on the west coast involving Hagen, including a live game at Corvallis against Oregon State. He is a valid second round pick.

Supposedly at the Senior Bowl, he dropped a couple of passes. In the regular season games, I watched him display excellent hands.

Oregonpackfan

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 02:38 PM
A receiver like Chad Jackson or Arizon State's Derek Hagen would be nice.

I've watched several games on the west coast involving Hagen, including a live game at Corvallis against Oregon State. He is a valid second round pick.

Supposedly at the Senior Bowl, he dropped a couple of passes. In the regular season games, I watched him display excellent hands.

Oregonpackfan

Were there qustions about Hagan's speed ? Some mocks had him falling to round 3.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Go defense no matter what.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Mad you talk as if we need no help on Offense..

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
A top 5 defense makes a bottom 5 offense alot better.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Go defense no matter what.

I'm OK with that; I'd actually like TT to trade about 10 back and get an extra 3rd. Then between the 2nd and two 3rd's get one OG and stack the defense with the rest of the picks along with a WR somewhere later.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 03:03 PM
And a top five offense can make a bottom five defense better. So take the best damn football player out there.

I will say there does seem to be a lot of quality out there.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
And a top five offense can make a bottom five defense better. So take the best damn football player out there.

Pack has had a top 5 O for nearly the last five years while the D has sucked. You already know how that went, early playoff exits and teams putting up 30 weekly. The defensive selections left are still better then the first round offense selections after Bush and Davis.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 03:11 PM
All I'm saying Madtown is that it hardly ever works to draft just for need.

As there seems to be a serious run on the defensive talent (how many picks in a row were there in the middle of the round on the d-side?), there might be some good offensive talent sitting at #36. I'm hoping for Davin Joseph or a trade down to pick up another third rounder.

Man, I like the draft so much better with TT running it. Shermy drove me nuts. All that trading up for underacheivers from Clemson and punters. It only worked once, with Walker, and even now he's turning sour.

dr.tedGM
04-29-2006, 03:11 PM
If DeAngelo Williams falls to this spot he would be my pick. If not take the biggest playmaker either side of the ball. Then start looking O-Line.

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I expect a run on WR's soon. Nick Mangold, or Kiwi are possibilities for the Packers. I think a trade down is a real possibility too.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
All I'm saying Madtown is that it hardly ever works to draft just for need.

As there seems to be a serious run on the defensive talent (how many picks in a row were there in the middle of the round on the d-side?), there might be some good offensive talent sitting at #36. I'm hoping for Davin Joseph or a trade down to pick up another third rounder.

Man, I like the draft so much better with TT running it. Shermy drove me nuts. All that trading up for underacheivers from Clemson and punters. It only worked once, with Walker, and even now he's turning sour.

Your right, they should take a RB if a good one is there cuz no sure thing Green stays healthy but I just want to see a defense the terrorizes teams and hits hard. WR also cuz of Walker and Murphy but dammit I want to see TT load up, waiting until the second round is killing me.

outflow
04-29-2006, 03:29 PM

QFT