PDA

View Full Version : Financial Motivation to play?

LL2
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/index.3.html

Brett may not be happy about the lack of additions to the offensive side of the ball but he's certainly not lacking additions to his bank account.

packinpatland
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/index.3.html

Brett may not be happy about the lack of additions to the offensive side of the ball but he's certainly not lacking additions to his bank account.

You'll notice he was #30 on the list. And how many years has he played??
Some of the people from 1-29 are newbies to their sport.
Endorsements? When you've set and broken the records he has, you deserve the 'side-benefits'.

GBRulz
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Tiger Woods average comes out to over $306k a DAY ! Crazy!!!

woodbuck27
06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm starting to feel that if Favre can get through this season healthy and we win 6-7 games that he'll come back in 2008.I'll be very surprized if he doesn't pass for 3500 yards and 20 TD's.

He'll want to see some potential develop with our running game. That last season, ranked about 12th among our 2007 opponents.This is the key to our season as I see it.

To run the ball and show improvement in the RED ZONE and rest our 'D'.

Ahman Green made a surprizingly decent contribution to what we had there in 2006.

Can his shoes be filled?

Big shoes to fill. :)

The Leaper
06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm starting to feel that if Favre can get through this season healthy and we win 6-7 games that he'll come back in 2008.

I think much of that will depend on what Thompson does to address offensive concerns in the offseason.

Personally, I think the Packers could go 8-8 and Favre could easily ride off into the sunset if Thompson refuses once again to address concerns regarding offensive playmakers during the offseason. Right now, I see very little chance that Green Bay is much better off after 2007 at TE or WR than we are right now. The young kids we have at those positions outside of Jennings simply don't seem to have a high ceiling or are rather big projects at present that I really don't see as being "reliable" producers following just one more year of development.

Morency and Jackson may go a long way to allieviate concerns about the running game in 2007...but if Thompson doesn't commit and follow through on upgrading talent at WR and TE, then I think Favre is gone regardless.

GBRulz
06-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Favre DOES have a contract until 2010 and wasn't he the one calling out Walker saying that you should honor your contract??

I know, I know... different situations, but I'm not ready for life after Favre yet.

Patler
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Favre DOES have a contract until 2010 and wasn't he the one calling out Walker saying that you should honor your contract??

I know, I know... different situations, but I'm not ready for life after Favre yet.

Whenever he retires, I hope it is a year too soon rather than a year too late. In all my years of watching sports, some of my saddest memories are of once great super stars struggling to be mediocre at the ends of their careers.

I will always remember Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino being unable to drop back and set up without stumbling, and missing wide open receivers play after play. I will always remember Willie Mays, one of the greatest defensive centerfielders ever, stumbling around under fly balls for the Mets, flat out dropping two routine flyballs in one game, and being unable to hit the cutoff man on his throws. I will never forget the looks of bewilderment on their faces, wondering what happened to their elite skills.

I really do not want that same memory of Favre.

Scott Campbell
06-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Whenever he retires, I hope it is a year too soon rather than a year too late. In all my years of watching sports, some of my saddest memories are of once great super stars struggling to be mediocre at the ends of their careers.

I will always remember Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino being unable to drop back and set up without stumbling, and missing wide open receivers play after play. I will always remember Willie Mays, one of the greatest defensive centerfielders ever, stumbling around under fly balls for the Mets, flat out dropping two routine flyballs in one game, and being unable to hit the cutoff man on his throws. I will never forget the looks of bewilderment on their faces, wondering what happened to their elite skills.

I really do not want that same memory of Favre.

Jordan with the Wizards.