PDA

View Full Version : Four OTA's Open To Public

Joemailman
06-01-2007, 09:05 PM
First Training Camp Practice Slated For July 28

The Green Bay Packers announced on Monday that the first training camp practice will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, July 28.

The players' reporting date for training camp will be one day earlier, July 27.

The full day-to-day training camp schedule is expected to be finalized sometime in June.

In addition, Coach McCarthy announced that four organized team activities (OTAs) in June would be open to the public on Ray Nitschke Field, weather permitting. Those dates encompass all of the Thursday workouts during OTAs, scheduled for 11:15 a.m. on May 31, June 7, June 14 and June 18.

Anyone going to be there? I'm hoping to make the June 14 practice.

GBRulz
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Since the current territory I'm working in now has me out of town all week long, I don't know if I'll be able to attend any of them. I'm hoping for the June 18th OTA though. It's a Monday and maybe I can sneak that in before I head up north for the week. We'll see.

Mini-camp aka OTA's, were always my fav time to go because there were barely any people at those practices. Thanks M3 for opening a whole 4 of these to the public. :roll: I really would like to know his reasoning for barring the media and the public from so many practices this year.

woodbuck27
06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Since the current territory I'm working in now has me out of town all week long, I don't know if I'll be able to attend any of them. I'm hoping for the June 18th OTA though. It's a Monday and maybe I can sneak that in before I head up north for the week. We'll see.

Mini-camp aka OTA's, were always my fav time to go because there were barely any people at those practices. Thanks M3 for opening a whole 4 of these to the public. :roll: I really would like to know his reasoning for barring the media and the public from so many practices this year.

. . . because they are working on a secret weapon GBRulz. :)

GBRulz
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Yes Woody! My heck, this is Lambeau Field, not area 51.

Ya know, I've gotten past how TT isn't as open with the public as previous GM's, but when you start shutting the fans out of practices, that ticks me off. We get a double screwing because not even the media can go to many of them, either and so we have nothing on the local news to tell us how our team is doing.

GrnBay007
06-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks M3 for opening a whole 4 of these to the public. :roll:

How many were open in the past? Were there any problems at the open practices in the past?

GBRulz
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
All of them were open in the past. Never any problems, you'd maybe see 100-125 people along the fence. ...unlike training camp where you can stand 5-6 people deep along the fence.

The media isn't happy about it either.

The NFL mandates that 4 OTA's/minicamps must be open to the public, so M3 is opening the bare minimum.

Bretsky
06-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks M3 for opening a whole 4 of these to the public. :roll:

How many were open in the past? Were there any problems at the open practices in the past?

Got a great idea

Why don't the three of us meet up and then scout some of the places GBM is checking out for me ? :lol:

B World; nothing beats it :wink:

GBRulz
06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
way to kill the thread, B :whist:

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone will be at Thursday's OTA? weather permitting, I will be there as I'm coming back into town a bit early this week.

Yes, my fellow EC gang... I will keep you all in mind when I am taking pics!

BallHawk
06-12-2007, 08:34 PM
.Yes, my fellow EC gang... I will keep you all in mind when I am taking pics!

The EC has expanded since it last was mentioned. You've got Packers4Ever and PIPL (as MJ calls her.)

So, what's the initiation ceremony?

I'll leave it to B to think up the idea. He's good at that type of stuff. :lol: :lol:

Spaulding
06-13-2007, 07:46 AM

GBRulz, not to pry but given Green Bay is considered fairly North in the state of Wisconsin, what constitutes North from there? The UP? If so I'll gladly pay you back on Tuesday for a pastie today :)

HarveyWallbangers
06-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Half the state is north of Green Bay. It's only those in Milwaukee and maybe Madison that think Green Bay is way north. It happens here also. When Twin Cities folks think of Green Bay, they think it's actually north of here. It's actually south.

http://www.camprrm.com/images/wisconsin%20map.jpg

GBRulz
06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
GBRulz, not to pry but given Green Bay is considered fairly North in the state of Wisconsin, what constitutes North from there? The UP? If so I'll gladly pay you back on Tuesday for a pastie today :)

Well, it depends who you ask! It's funny how alot of people here say "i'm going up north for the weekend", are they are talking about Door County. To me, my "up north" is Eagle River!

Spaulding
06-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Good point Harv. I'm originally from Western Wisconsin (LaCrosse) and always considered Green Bay to be Northern Wisconsin but looking at your map suggests geography doesn't appear to be my strong point :)