PDA

View Full Version : FUCK!

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't believe we didn't take Chad.

This draft blows ass!!!!!!!

esoxx
04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Whoa there. NE just made a mistake trading UP for a WR in draft that has piss poor quality for receivers. Good deal for Packers. Hang in there and you'll see.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
YOu beat me to it. THompson passed up on a protential replacement for Walker. A mistake.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Ferguson over Chambers all over again.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I am beginning to think that you two are the same fucking person.

One year of college and Bf is turning into a liberal bastard.

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2006, 04:49 PM
chad jackson was a bargain at 36. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I am beginning to think that you two are the same fucking person.

One year of college and Bf is turning into a liberal bastard.
I'm not Tank. I actually disagree with Tank on 99.99% of things.

I just think Jackson would have been a good replacement for walker/murphy..

Plus then we traded away the pick we got for Walker for more picks..So basically it's Walker + Jackson for 5 shitbags.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I may think about forgiving TT for passing up Chad Jackson if he gets Maurice Stovall..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/mauricestovall.html

Big target.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 04:59 PM
I want chad jackson to become a star so this shit will come back to fuck thompson in the ass. I hope thompson is happy fucking all those late rd rookies.

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
YOu beat me to it. THompson passed up on a protential replacement for Walker. A mistake.

he's probably more like Ferguson. There are no Walkers in this draft.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I want chad jackson to become a star so this shit will come back to fuck thompson in the ass. I hope thompson is happy fucking all those late rd rookies.

He traded for 2nds and 3rds. Those aren't late rounds.

outflow
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I would feel so much better about this trading down, and Walker, if we would have gotten Jackson. I think its a huge mistake.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM

what the fuck are you taking about? thompsons keeps moving down, so therefore he is drafting later than he couldve.

and during this fuck up, thompson can only aquire 1 3rd pick. 1 additonal early rd pick. that is motherfucking.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Demetrius Williams wwould be a good pick.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM

what the fuck are you taking about? thompsons keeps moving down, so therefore he is drafting later than he couldve.

and during this fuck up, thompson can only aquire 1 3rd pick. 1 additonal early rd pick. that is motherfucking.

ive claimned down a bit now that ive discovered thompson also got the 47.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
ive claimned down a bit now that ive discovered thompson also got the 47.

That's what you get for watching the draft on the head shop channel.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM
I like the Greg Jennings pick. Apparently he's a high character guy with good intangibles, has great hands, and isn't afraid to go across the middle.

Mel Kiper said it was a good pick for us.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Mel Kiper....LOL....I wouldn't put too much into what that guy has to say.

Look, we didn't replace Walker with the pick. Maybe we take someone down the road like a Driver who pans out, who knows. There were 11 WR's rated ahead of Jennings and we selected the second shortest one from a realtively unknown school in IA. The selection of a Tackle for the Walker spot, what a friggin JOKE. I guess TT didn't like his picks from last year....

mraynrand
04-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Only a few, including Mel Kiper, liked the Jennings pick

Zool
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
This thread is a great study of sports fan syndrome.

Joemailman
04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Those were some of APB's greatest hits! :lol:

Guiness
04-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I may think about forgiving TT for passing up Chad Jackson if he gets Maurice Stovall..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/mauricestovall.html

Big target.

From Wiki:
In 2009, he had a career year, catching 24 passes for 366 yards in seven starts

KYPack
04-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah Rand, you nailed it.

This was the draft that weaned me on trying to do it myself.

This was the first year that NFL network put the combine on, for some reason, I watched a lot of it. Chad Jackson was a freakin' star in all the catching and underwear drills. He was obviously one of the top WR's goin'. Then TT traded the pick that would have netted Jackson and drafted Greg Jennings.

I was bummed.

Until I saw that Tank thought it was stupid. Tank is/was a fanboy, an asshole, & a liar. So, I felt a lot better in TT's choice. Now, I've happily given up. I wanted Logan Mankins and Chad Jackson, Thompson picked ARod and Greg Jennings. Let's let him do the heavy lifting.

I read PR, a few sites and wait for the draft.

When we draft 'em, I start really paying attention.

I still look forward to the draft, but my scouting activities are now greatly diminished.

Freak Out
04-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Funny stuff.

mraynrand
04-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Tank is/was a fanboy, an asshole, & a liar.

but he has a nice smile

pbmax
04-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Where the hell did FritzDontBlitz go? You can't post just anywhere with that name.

Fritz
04-23-2014, 06:12 PM
He was so embarrassed by his misguided ranting about the pick that he has left the posting world. Now he just skulks around online.

As for me, I have taken KY's approach. I bitched and moaned about that goddamn unknown safety fucker, that Nick Collins asshole that everyone said TT could've gotten in the third or fourth round, and I bitched about this unknown fucker, this Greg Jennings, and I was mortified when TT traded TWO THIRDS AND his second to move up for some USC linebacker who only started one year or something.

I was a little uneasy about Ron Wolf giving up a valuable first round pick for a guy who was a second round pick the year before and hadn't played all year.

Plus, I liked Robert Ferguson and Odell Thurman. And I thought Brian Brohm was a good pick.

In my defense, though, my heart sank when Ron Wolf drafted John Michels and again when he drafted Jamaal Reynolds.

KYPack
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
He was so embarrassed by his misguided ranting about the pick that he has left the posting world. Now he just skulks around online.

As for me, I have taken KY's approach. I bitched and moaned about that goddamn unknown safety fucker, that Nick Collins asshole that everyone said TT could've gotten in the third or fourth round, and I bitched about this unknown fucker, this Greg Jennings, and I was mortified when TT traded TWO THIRDS AND his second to move up for some USC linebacker who only started one year or something.

I was a little uneasy about Ron Wolf giving up a valuable first round pick for a guy who was a second round pick the year before and hadn't played all year.

Plus, I liked Robert Ferguson and Odell Thurman. And I thought Brian Brohm was a good pick.

In my defense, though, my heart sank when Ron Wolf drafted John Michels and again when he drafted Jamaal Reynolds.

With all the pre-draft info that's out now, it just gives me more space to be wrong.

All you draftniks out there, keep that shit coming.

PR is 95% of my "scouting" information.

I love these old threads sometimes.

I always scan 'em real quick to see if I posted something real stupid.

Carolina_Packer
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM

Yeah, totally with you there, Fritz. With those two, I wanted some kind of proof that these guys deserved to be drafted in the first round. You wonder what the scouts and Wolf were seeing. Neither looked like they had any business being drafted first round. I think we've had better street free agents.

gbgary
04-25-2014, 08:27 PM
chad jackson? never heard of him...really.

woodbuck27
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
chad jackson? never heard of him...really.

Chad Jackson:

College: Florida

NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36

Debuted in 2006 for the New England Patriots

Career History:

New England Patriots (2006–2007)

Denver Broncos (2008–2009)

Buffalo Bills (2010)*

Omaha Nighthawks (2011)*

Oakland Raiders (2011)*

Omaha Nighthawks (2011–present)

I hope he likes living in Omaha.