PDA

View Full Version : Water Powered Engine

packers11
06-03-2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9iWaCMbw60

A demonstration of a water-powered engine. Go 100 miles on 4 ounces of water.

packinpatland
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Seems too simple to be true.

woodbuck27
06-03-2007, 02:37 PM
George W. Bush doesn't approve of that messsage. :)

Jimx29
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
if it seems to good to be true........

Partial
06-03-2007, 04:17 PM
they can split the water molecule right now to get the hydrogen out. Problem is it takes more energy to do it than the hydrogen provides.

packinpatland
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
He wouldn't be pattening if it weren't a viable energy alternative............so me thinks :wink:

Patler
06-03-2007, 06:46 PM
He wouldn't be pattening if it weren't a viable energy alternative............so me thinks :wink:

It does not have to be practicle for him to receive a patent on it. It needs only to be "novel" and "unobvious". It does not have to make ecconomic sense at this time.

If this is his patent - US 7,191,737 "Hydrogen Generator for Uses in a Vehicle Fuel System" issued March 20, 2007, Inventor Dennis Klein assigned to Hydrogen Technology Applications, Inc. the one independent claim reads as follows:

1. A method for increasing the fuel efficiency of an internal combustion engine, the method comprising: a) providing an electrolyzer for electrolyzing water into hydrogen gas and oxygen gas for use as an additive to the fossil fuels on which an internal combustion engine operates such as engines in motor vehicles, the electrolyzer comprising: an electrolysis chamber, the electrolysis chamber having a removable cover serving as access means for performing routine maintenance to components in its interior space; an aqueous electrolyte solution comprising water and an electrolyte, the aqueous electrolyte solution partially filling the electrolysis chamber such that a gas reservoir region is formed above the aqueous electrolyte solution; two principal electrodes comprising an anode electrode and a cathode electrode, the two principal electrodes at least partially immersed in the aqueous electrolyte solution; and one or more supplemental electrodes at least partially immersed in the aqueous electrolyte solution and interposed between two principal electrodes that are not connected to the anode or cathode with a metallic conductor wherein the two principal electrodes and the one or more supplemental electrodes are held in a fixed spatial relationship; means for individually removing and replacing said principal electrodes and supplemental electrodes wherein the principal and supplemental electrodes are removably insertable and attached in a rack holding said electrodes in a fixed spatial relationship, said rack further comprising a retainer for securing the electrodes to the rack and said retainer further being removably attached to the electrolysis chamber; and heat sink means for removing an excess heat generated by the electrolyzer, said means including a plurality of spaced-apart fins around at least a portion of the outside surface of the electrolysis chamber; b) applying an electrical potential between the two principal electrodes wherein a gas mixture comprising hydrogen gas and oxygen gas is generated and collected in the gas reservoir region and wherein the electrolyzer is adapted to deliver the gas mixture to the fuel system of the internal combustion engine; and c) combining the gas mixture with fuel in the fuel system of the internal combustion engine.

Reading the beginning of the claim and step c) at the end, he appears to be adding the resultant gas with the fossil fuel in the vehicle fuel system.

oregonpackfan
06-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Fascinating display!

If this is a viable energy source, it would certainly free the United States from dependance on foreign oil for its main energy source.

the_idle_threat
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Cold fusion, anyone? :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Where's the flux capacitor when you need it?

the_idle_threat
06-04-2007, 12:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know why they stopped making Deloreans, right?

Because they kept snorting up the white lines on the highway.

BallHawk
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I wonder how much water prices would go up?

Zool
06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Fiji is the only water that will ever go in my tank. I like the high octane stuff.

Merlin
06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
The one thing in this world that will cost the most in the future is water. Sure, the planet has a ton of it. But, only so much of it is drinkable.

Jimx29
06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
ferchristsake, soon they'll be selling water in bottles of this keeps up

MJZiggy
06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm investing in desalinating technology. As soon as they come up with some.

Partial
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
The one thing in this world that will cost the most in the future is water. Sure, the planet has a ton of it. But, only so much of it is drinkable.

Nah, because its completely recycleable. Plus with global warming more and more water will keep showing up :lol:

Partial
06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Fiji is the only water that will ever go in my tank. I like the high octane stuff.

:lol: