PDA

View Full Version : Famous words, in their own words.

the_idle_threat
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Check it out here:

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/site.php?postnum=460&phpMyAdmin=af0f6b4465fe3f904426eaeb3dc0e3fa

BallHawk
06-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Great site. Thanks for the link.

On a related note, Winston Churchill is one of the greatest voices, as well as one of the greatest men, in modern history.

Joemailman
06-04-2007, 10:43 PM
It is kind of scary in a way to listen to Churchill and FDR at a time of great crisis, and compare that with our leaders of today. Both understood that there must be sacrifices made at a time of war. I don't think either one suggested we all go shopping. One thing that should not be overlooked is that both had a great command of the English language, and used it to great effect when rallying their country to the cause at hand.

GrnBay007
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
It is kind of scary in a way to listen to Churchill and FDR at a time of great crisis, and compare that with our leaders of today. Both understood that there must be sacrifices made at a time of war. I don't think either one suggested we all go shopping. One thing that should not be overlooked is that both had a great command of the English language, and used it to great effect when rallying their country to the cause at hand.

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

~George Bush

HarveyWallbangers
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Fortunately, the choice for our leader in 2004 was between two great orators, George W. Bush and John Kerry. Their sidekicks, John Edwards and Dick Cheney, are incredible speakers, as well.