PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Opening Day Score against Phillie

Tarlam!
06-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Yes, it IS very boring out there in Football Land. Otherwise, why would I start this mind bogglingly pathetic thread?

Anyway. project yourself into the future. It is the 9th of September, 2007. The last seconds have just ticked off of the clock. What does the scorboard say?

I say, Pack in a nail biter.

24-21.

Kool Aide, anyone?

wist43
06-05-2007, 07:17 AM
30-10 Philly... the Packers score a late TD.

Joemailman
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Packers defense will keep them in every game this year. No way does Philly put up 30. Packers 23-17.

Fritz
06-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Ummm...Philly, 23-16.

wist43
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Can't see the Packers being able to consistently move the ball on offense, and the ST stink to high heaven, so they'll be on the wrong end of the field position battle.

Nobody can cover Westbrook, and McNabb always finds a way against the Packers...

The Packers defense is okay, and maybe they can keep it close, but I doubt it.

Wow, way too early to be talking about the 1st game... June is the doldrums month for the NFL - so, what the hell.

MadtownPacker
06-05-2007, 08:30 AM
30-10 Philly... the Packers score a late TD.Hahahahaha! I hope you have not given many motivational speeches in your lifetime.

20-17, Rayner hits a game winning FG.

MJZiggy
06-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Eeyore's post up there notwithstanding I think we go into OT and win it 24-20.

And I do disagree about ST. I think we just drafted some speed that could make a big difference.

Bretsky
06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Phily 23
GB 13

Take it to the Bank :lol:

Bretsky
06-05-2007, 08:39 AM

And I do disagree about ST. I think we just drafted some speed that could make a big difference.

that "could" or "will"

Ye non committed one :wink:

Tarlam!
06-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Nobody can cover Westbrook, and McNabb always finds a way against the Packers...

Wisty, I think Westbrook will need to turn a lot of corners on his running routes, cause the middle is now well and truly packed. Both Ends will take some beating and if he does get by, he'll be running at Poppinga, who is not a liability against the run. Or is your concern with AJ?

He will need to bring his A-game.

McNabb was heading for an MVP title before his injury, but he did suffer that. I am not certain he will be back at old for on day 1.

OS PA
06-05-2007, 08:40 AM

How do you reckon that the score after OT is 24 - 20? :roll: :lol: :lol:

I bet we lose this one out of the gates - 31-17

MJZiggy
06-05-2007, 08:42 AM
So I have commitment issues. Deal with it.

Bretsky
06-05-2007, 08:43 AM
So I have commitment issues. Deal with it.

I see why you idolize who you do :wink: By never saying anything bold nobody can ever hold you to anything.

Cheers,
B

MJZiggy
06-05-2007, 08:44 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Zool
06-05-2007, 08:57 AM

The dreaded 4 point play. Its a field goal and the kicker is fouled on the follow through. He has to set shot one over the bar from 40 yards.

4and12to12and4
06-05-2007, 09:12 AM

The dreaded 4 point play. Its a field goal and the kicker is fouled on the follow through. He has to set shot one over the bar from 40 yards.

:crazy: Thats funny stuff. I didn't even realize the four point overtime. Good catch. Oh, the offseason, if it weren't for baseball and "King James" I'd be gittin drunk every day around noon.

MJZiggy
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
:oops: typo. 23-20.

wist43
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
30-10 Philly... the Packers score a late TD.Hahahahaha! I hope you have not given many motivational speeches in your lifetime.

20-17, Rayner hits a game winning FG.

I'm actually a very good public speaker... having to be upbeat all the time was a drain though, so I changed careers to allow my natural cynicism can shine thru. :)

Charles Woodson
06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
packers-13 Eagles-24

wist43
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Zig, I see you've been shamed into changing your avatar...

The feminine cowgirl thing works though... :wink:

Merlin
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Hrmmmm.......We usually stink the opening game, and a few there after. I am going to go out on a limb, Packers 13, Eagles 10. McNabb throws a pick to end the game.

BallHawk
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
We stuck with the Eagles last year, in Philly, even if it was only for the first half. Their WRs are average, they don't have the deep threat in Stallworth anymore. Westbrook is always a problem against us, but maybe, if we shut him down early, we can turn him into a non-factor.

I'm confident that our offense can put up 20 against the Eagles. Can the defense do the job? I say they can.

Packers 20
Eagles 16

Packnut
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM
17-6 Eagles. Pack goes 0-4 in the RZ. Our TE group drops 4 passes including a TD pass. Basically just more of the same thing we've seen the last few years.

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
10-6 pack. Defense shows their one of the top units in the league and wins the game for us.

Badgepack
06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
My buddy Hank Baskett burns us with a 70 yard TD catch, however Favre's 3 TD passes helps us prevail 27-24, one to Ruvell.

Merlin is right though, we usally are not ready to play early in the year, somethin M3 needs to fix.

woodbuck27
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
:) OK I'll play.

Mason Crosby is 2 of 3 in FG attempts for 6 and Favre hits DD for six and Crosby converts.

That's 13 for us. . .

but the Eagles as usual rule the day and run up 20 pt's.

Eagles 20 - Packers 13.

Packnut
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, you guys picking the Pack should be able to make some cash-IF your right. GB should be getting +3 to +5.

oregonpackfan
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Zig, I see you've been shamed into changing your avatar...

The feminine cowgirl thing works though... :wink:

I happen to think MJZiggy's new avatar projects a graceful elegance. :)

oregonpackfan
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
My prediction: Eagles 24, Packers 17.

BEARMAN
06-08-2007, 04:46 AM
27-10, Philly, farve throws 3 int's and the packer defence dose not show up. Sad, but true. :twisted:

Tarlam!
06-08-2007, 06:27 AM
I honestly think the defence will show up, just like they did at Soldier against Rex and Brian.

If your Punter didn't rack up a better QB rating than Rex and Brian, you'd have been shutout!

Oh yeah, I forgot. You had nuthin' to play for. Except pride acourse....

BEARMAN
06-08-2007, 10:39 PM
You beat our 2's and 3's ! In a meaningless game for Da BEARS. When it counted, we kicked your collective arses ! Them's the facts, undisputed ! 8-)

packers11
06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
You beat our 2's and 3's ! In a meaningless game for Da BEARS. When it counted, we kicked your collective arses ! Them's the facts, undisputed ! 8-)

I don't think Favre had a 0.0

wait... let me say that again... 0.0

your gpa in school was probably higher than that... wait nevermind...

packers11
06-08-2007, 10:43 PM
but on my prediction...

packers : 24
eagles : 20

:cow:

HarveyWallbangers
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
The Bears are 1-1 in the Super Bowl now, right?

oregonpackfan
06-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Next prediction: In what century will the Bears appear in the next Super Bowl? :?:

mmmdk
06-09-2007, 06:43 AM
I expect a Packer win vs Eagles - for these reasons:

1. There's an 80-90% chance I'll be attending the game vs. Eagles - and I'm LOUD! The 10-20% are on the Chargers game. I can't go to the PR in october due to work and that's a shame but I will be going to Lambeau again :mrgreen:

2. Packers has got to start winning at Lambeau; this game will set the tone for the rest of the season. No more bad starts!

3. This is a semi do-or-die season for the TT/McCarthy lead Packers. Show your stuff.

4. Because winning is everythig; winning is the Packer way - before, now & always expect to win. Especially at Lambeau.

WHO's going to the Packers vs Eagles game?

RashanGary
06-09-2007, 07:42 AM
24-17 Packers

The offensive line comes out with a full year of everyone together in the same scheme. The rookies are no longer rookies and it shows with their strength and technique. The Packers run the ball effectively with the stronger line, opening holes in the tight confines of the redzone. Favre takes what is given and is still the biggest factor offensively. Driver is Driver and Jennings takes advantage of double coverages while regular down max protect becomes a thing of the past.

Barbre, Rouse, Poppinga, Hawk, et at. come out on special teams and make a legitmate difference. Rayner boots it into the endzone regularly while Ryan is a much improved punter. A once dreadfull ST's unit is not one of the more athletic and aggressive coverage units with 2 of the NFL's strongest legs. Rayner goes 2-2 with his field goals and Ryan pins the Eagles within the 20 once but averages 50 yds on a whole with his punts.

The Eagles can't run a lick on the Packers. Harrell, Williams and Pickett are all good, effective players and the Eagles just never can find a soft spot on the line with Jenkins and Kampman on the ends. Eventually, the Eagles start trying to poke holes on the edge but while all blockers are being eaten up by the DL; Popp, Barnett and Hawk are running wild to the ball carrier. After the 1st quarter it's all pass and our linebackers start T-ing up on McNabb. Poppinga's 2 year old ACL is back to 100% and he picks up a late 2nd quarter sack to effectively end the half with a Packers lead. The 2nd half is more of the same. The defense forces 3 and outs, Favre takes what is given while the Line starts to open up holes on a tired defense.

The Packers win in the first game of the season convincingly in all areas of the game and optimism soars even amongst the clinically depressed ie Bretsky, Wist and Retail Guy.

Rastak
06-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Quick, get to the emergency room...Kool Aid overdose...worst case I've ever seen. Prognosis is NOT good.

RashanGary
06-09-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm more excited about the interior line and LB's than I have been about anything Packers in 4 years. I think we can truely compete for the playoffs and the NFC north this year with Chicago running into problem after problem and having to overcome the historically huge let down of being a SB loser.

MJZiggy
06-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Quick, get to the emergency room...Kool Aid overdose...worst case I've ever seen. Prognosis is NOT good.

He may have just had a little something to go along with his kool-aid. :smk:

The stuff about the game may happen, but the part about B, Wist and RG is kinda out there...

RashanGary
06-09-2007, 08:35 AM
RG, Brestky and I have some pretty reasonable lines of success and failure drawn up.

RG's is a little higher, B's is right in the middle and mine are a little lower.

Regardless, we're all going to let the season do the talking. It should be fun and if we open up like we're capable everyone will enjoy it.

Jerry Tagge
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Eagles 20, Packers 10.

I would love to be wrong because my cousin's kid who just graduated HS is an Eagles fan and will be at the game. He's in line to get my cousin's gold package season tickets someday. He ain't getting them if he's an Eagles fan.

Jerry Tagge
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
27-10, Philly, Favre throws 3 int's and the packer defence dose not show up. Sad, but true. :twisted:
Here's a fact for you Bears clown.

Bears opening game:

Chargers 35, Bears 3.

Of course it will be a meaningless game. Just like that game the Bears played at Miami last February. It wasn't meaningless for me. I cleaned up on all you slow witted, cerebrally challenged Bears clowns to the tune of $300.

BTW, I didn't know Urlacher, Kreutz, Brown, Tait, Miller, Clark, Jones, Muhammed, Berrian, Ogunleye, and Jailbird Tank were all 2nd and 3rd stringers? They played the entire first half on New Year's Eve. You know, when the Packers had a 23-0 lead.

Apparently your IQ matches Rexy's passer rating that night.

GrnBay007
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Packers 24 Eagles 21 :cow:

Tarlam!
06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, I dunno who will win, but I am prepared tp send a bottle of champage to any address the winner PMs to me as my part.

Maybe Mad can come up with a fitting title for the winner's sig.

I will keep an eye on these predictions and declare a winner. Mad, anything to add?

MadtownPacker
06-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I will keep an eye on these predictions and declare a winner. Mad, anything to add?Yeah, if Bearman is correct and PMs you his address will you go hunt him down? :twisted:

Tarlam!
06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I will keep an eye on these predictions and declare a winner. Mad, anything to add?Yeah, if Bearman is correct and PMs you his address will you go hunt him down? :twisted:

No. But since I never lie, you should not ask about the addititives I might put in the champage......

:twisted:

But i was thinking more of a forum title, like "Oh Grande Elite Opening Day Result Picker" or something...

MadtownPacker
06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
But i was thinking more of a forum title, like "Oh Grande Elite Opening Day Result Picker" or something...Oh you mean just the first game? I thought you meant for the season. Figure there will be something for the whole season but any assclown can pick 1 game correctly unless you are Bearman picking the bears in the Superbowl. :five: