PDA

View Full Version : Bearman - any news about Tommie Harris?

Patler
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Just curious, any reports about his rehab? Surgery for a torn hamstring sometimes can be a bit problematic for athletes to rehab. I would think it would be especially difficult for lineman who generate so much sustained power from their legs at the line scrimmage when the engage one another.

I know original reports were for him to be ready by TC. Just wondering if there have been any recent reports.

rpiotr01
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Between Harris and Tank Johnson that's a huge blow for the Bears. Much more so with Harris. I like Tommie a lot, he's a great player.

I don't think we'll know anything about Harris really until TC and probably later in TC and the pre-season. Just like we're holding back on a couple guys like Underwood and Harrell, the Bears aren't going to let him do anything that would show if he's OK or not at this point. No sense risking another injury...

Packnut
06-06-2007, 12:20 PM
According to local reports, he's on track for training camp and the re-hab is going ok.

Bossman641
06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I've heard the same thing as Packnut. He's said to be ahead of schedule and I believe is going through individual drills. No setbacks or anything.

esoxx
06-06-2007, 06:17 PM
You forget Bearman is illiterate so I don't think he gets your message.

BEARMAN
06-08-2007, 04:31 AM
I may be illiterate, and don't spell so good, but at least I know who my parents are ! :shock: !
Tommy is going to be fine, from what I have read he is rehabbing well and ontrack to pick up where he left off, one of the best Dlinemen in the game.
TY for your concern, just shows "some" of you cheese heads got class.

Zool
06-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I may be illiterate, and don't spell so good, but at least I know who my parents are ! :shock: !

ZING!

Iron Mike
06-08-2007, 04:16 PM

I know who your parents are, too.

Wait.......

Wait.......

Wait......

http://tijiuanahitsquad.com/bearfucker.jpg

The Shadow
06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
It is extremely hard to come back 100% from a torn hamstring.
Harris' game is quickness; expect a significant dropoff in Bear inside pressure.

BallHawk
06-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I may be illiterate, and don't spell so good

That was on purpose...right?

BEARMAN
06-08-2007, 10:34 PM

Maybe it was..... and maybe it wasn't..... 8-)

BallHawk
06-08-2007, 10:53 PM
I can tell you're a man who picks his words carefully. :|

Bossman641
06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Harris' return a shot in the arm for Bears' D
By Len Pasquarelli

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris returned to practice for the Chicago Bears on Monday, providing relief and optimism to a position severely thinned by defections and suspension.

Harris had been sidelined since December by a hamstring injury that kept him out for the final month of the season and the playoffs. He underwent surgery in December to repair a torn left hamstring tendon and was cleared late last week by the Dallas surgeon who performed the procedure to return to the practice field.

His return to practice was first reported Monday evening by the team's Web site.

While he is not yet at full speed, Harris said his left leg is strong and he anticipates no problem being recovered for the start of training camp late next month.

"It felt good and I wasn't even pushing it really hard yet," Harris said after an organized team activities (OTAs) session.

The team's first-round draft choice in 2004, Harris, only 24, is generally acknowledged as one of the NFL's premier interior linemen, and was voted to a second straight Pro Bowl appearance despite playing in only 12 games in 2006. In those dozen appearances, the former Oklahoma star had 48 tackles and five sacks.

Harris' return is critical to the Bears as they attempt to become the first NFC team since Green Bay in 1996-97 to win consecutive conference championships. Chicago will begin the season without its top three tackles from Super Bowl XLI only four months ago.

Tank Johnson was suspended by the league last week for at least the first six weeks of the season. The starter next to him in Super Bowl XLI, Ian Scott, signed with the Philadelphia Eagles in April as an unrestricted free agent. The club's No. 3 tackle in the title game, Alfonso Boone, departed as an unrestricted free agent as well, joining the Kansas City Chiefs.

Chicago signed one unrestricted free agent tackle, Anthony Adams of San Francisco, a four-year veteran and former second-round draft choice. The Bears did not use any of their nine picks in this year's draft for reinforcements at the position. Nor did Chicago officials try very hard to retain Scott or Boone.

The talent drain means that coach Lovie Smith will have to rely on untested youngsters such as Dusty Dvoracek, Antonio Garay and Israel Idonije, a talented but inexperienced trio with only two regular-season starts among them, to log significant playing time. So having a fully healthy Harris back in the lineup would be a huge boost.

Monday, Harris said he expects to be 100 percent.

The three-year veteran explained to the team Web site and Chicago-area reporters that his injury was not the standard hamstring problem, but rather a torn tendon. The chances of re-injuring the tendon, he said, are negligible.

"Nothing's wrong with my hamstring," Harris said. "It's the tendon that popped, just like if I tore my biceps or [pectoral]. I don't have any defects in my hamstring. [The injury] can't come back. They put sutures in my bone and hooked [the tendon] back. ... [It] will never pull again. It's more likely for the right one to pull than the left because this one should be there for life now because of the screws and stuff. So I should be faster, and I should be stronger, so we'll see."

Jerry Tagge
06-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Maybe it was..... and maybe it wasn't..... 8-)
I'm going to say it wasn't on purpose. You just can't spell.

I can spell. I know how to spell Super Bowl loser: C-H-I-C-A-G-O B-E-A-R-S