PDA

View Full Version : Hill's mother robbed while at funeral

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Worthless scum.

NEW ORLEANS -- About $16,000 worth of belongings was reported stolen from the home of the late Marquise Hill's mother while she was at the funeral for her son, a New England Patriots lineman who drowned last week, police said Wednesday.

packinpatland
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Pond scum, can't get much lower.

BallHawk
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
What a lowlife. I hope they catch that worthless piece of trash.

packinpatland
06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
As scummy as this person(s) may be, can't say they're stupid.
Everyone knew that the house would be empty with the family at the funeral.
Hope other 'crooks to be' don't catch on.

Charles Woodson
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
As scummy as this person(s) may be, can't say they're stupid.
Everyone knew that the house would be empty with the family at the funeral.
Hope other 'crooks to be' don't catch on.
none the less it doesnt make it one more bit justified. It just puts them down a knotch. sewer scum is what the are.

oregonpackfan
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
The ultimate of "Adding insult to injury" type of crime.

As Packinpatland implied, there are burglars who do scan the papers for funerals of prominent individuals in order to rob the family while they are attending the funeral of a loved one. Disgusting.

packinpatland
06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
While attending a friend's daughters' wedding reception in their backyard someone came in the front door and stole all the gifts and their TV. Door was unlocked, the neighbors saw the whole thing, figured they were part of the family 'helping out'.

GrnBay007
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
This happened when our whole family was at my niece's wedding. Person broke in their back door and took all the wedding gifts that had been delivered to her parent's house early. The police said there had been many of the same type of burglaries in the area so when her sister got married about 6-8 months later, they hired someone to stay at the house that day. Too bad you have to worry about this kind of thing on what should be a very happy day.

packinpatland
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Trouble is, the crooks are getting 'smarter' all the time.

oregonpackfan
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Trouble is, the crooks are getting 'smarter' all the time.

The "smarter" thieves have been turning to identity theft.

Rastak
06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Bullet in the back of the noggin is most deserved. Think of me what you will, but that's how it would be handled under the Rastak rule.....you act like a sub-human, you get treated like such. I'd afford Vick's dogs more compassion...they don't know any better.

packinpatland
06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Bullet in the back of the noggin is most deserved. Think of me what you will, but that's how it would be handled under the Rastak rule.....you act like a sub-human, you get treated like such. I'd afford Vick's dogs more compassion...they don't know any better.

You seem to be in a particularly 'harsh' mood, got bad Viking news? :wink:

Rastak
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM

You seem to be in a particularly 'harsh' mood, got bad Viking news? :wink:

No, I just cannot stand having anti-social people living amongst us. The poor woman lost her son and somebody decides it's a great idea to make her life even more miserable. I might sound extreme but ANYBODY who would even consider such an act, isn't someone who really works out in a civilized society. Either desert island or bullet in the noggin is my thought.

edit: Not sure if anyone else saw it but on court tv they had a video of a kid beating the living shit out of a 90 year old WWII vet in a parking lot. He wanted to steal his car and literally punched the shit out of him instead of taking his car. What's the penalty for destroying the rest of someones life? Mabye an eye for an eye....

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Dayum, you and Tar are on a roll and I seem to agree with both of you...If you wanna act like s**t, expect to be treated like a pile of s**t.

packinpatland
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I didn't mean to trivialize this situation, I do agree with you, that when this type of crook is caught, there should be some sort of 'special' punishment.

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I've always thought the victim should have more of a say in the punishment...

packinpatland
06-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Some how 'eye for an eye' doesn't fit here, does it?

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Bring back Hammurabi!

http://www.odysseyadventures.ca/articles/ur%20of%20the%20chaldees/hammurabi.jpg

Rastak
06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Some how 'eye for an eye' doesn't fit here, does it?

Well, eye for an eye is tough here...it would require doing something terrible to the persons mother which harldy seems fair. I guess any punishment to the perp would likely harm his mother also. I guess we'll say "bad person, bad person" and let them go. Or maybe we could send them to jail for a short while and then cringe when the real crime hits a couple years later.....