PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting hit with storms this afternoon?

GrnBay007
06-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Yesterday afternoon they already started predicting strong wind (80-100 mph) and strong thunderstorms in our area for this afternoon and tonight. So far so good here...only a tornado watch, but I see on the radar parts of WI and MN are getting hit pretty hard. A tornado touched down about 70 miles from here.....hate tornado season!!!!!!!!

Joemailman
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
OK in Wausau. A tornado touched down about 15 miles east of here, destroying a mobile home and damaging 2 other homes. No injuries reported. There were also reports of tornadoes in the Wisconsin Rapids area, as well as golf ball-sized hail. We're under a tornado watch until 10.00.

packinpatland
06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Stay safe all of you. Hope the 'weather' passes soon.

GBRulz
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
In GB and Appleton, they had to reschdule all of the graduations that were going on last night. Smart idea as they didn't want people traveling to run into the storms. Anyhow, we were fortunate here, but in other parts of the state, not so much....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/06/08/severe.weather.ap/index.html

oregonpackfan
06-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Some years ago, my family was at reunion in Rice Lake. One night a massive thunderstorm came through.

My girls were about 12 and 6 at the time. They were quite frightened and came in the bedroom about 1 a.m. Despite our assurances that thunderstorms are normal for Wisconsin(we rarely have them in Oregon) and that they were safe, the girls insisted on sleeping with us the rest of the night.

Bottom line was that the teary girls resulted in my fitful sleep not the thunderstorm. :)

MJZiggy
06-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Stay safe all of you. Hope the 'weather' passes soon.

It did pass, and now it's hitting us, though I haven't seen any hail. Anyone want a thunder phobic German Shepherd mix?