PDA

View Full Version : Packers on the hot seat

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Based on todays's picks, I think these veterans could be in trouble:

Linebacker: Robert Thomas is probably toast. I also think Abdul Hodge could replace Manning as the Inside/Outside backup

Offensive Line: Whitticker is probably in trouble with the drafting of Spitz. Also, the drafting of Colledge could mean curtains for Adrian Klemm, since Colledgs may now become Clifton's backup.

Wide Receiver: Jennings will have a chance to replace Robert Ferguson. Ferguson will have a real fight on his hands in training camp because of his past disappointments.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 09:45 PM
I think Colledgs is going to start at OG. I'm guessing LG. Coston and Spitz will probably duke it out for the RG position. I think Whittaker's days may be numbered.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Wide Receiver: Jennings will have a chance to replace Robert Ferguson. Ferguson will have a real fight on his hands in training camp because of his past disappointments.

Ferguson wont get cut cos Pack are thin at WR. Heck, Ferguson likely is going to enter camp as a starter. Jenning is not going to be ready. Reciever is one of the hardest positon to make a transition. The rookie likely will end up being the #4 guy, behind Driver, Ferguson, and Gardner.

Thompson passed up on Chad Jackson, Santino Moss and Brandan Williams. That is fuck up.

oregonpackfan
04-29-2006, 10:24 PM
The Packers still have to draft rounds 4-7. Who knows what late round draftee may surprise them in training camp?

It is always challenging for any rookie to replace a veteran, no matter how mediocre a veteran may be. Rookies lack that important quality called experience.

Oregonpackfan

Charles Woodson
04-29-2006, 10:31 PM

Ferguson wont get cut cos Pack are thin at WR. Heck, Ferguson likely is going to enter camp as a starter. Jenning is not going to be ready. Reciever is one of the hardest positon to make a transition. The rookie likely will end up being the #4 guy, behind Driver, Ferguson, and Gardner.

Thompson passed up on Chad Jackson, Santino Moss and Brandan Williams. That is fuck up.

Sinorice Moss BTW.

Yes tank, i was mad too, we passed up first Jimmy williams, and then Chad jackson and Tatusi Lutui , and daniel buluck, and even Lendale white. and in the third i was also hoping for Ashton Youboty or LEonard pope, but i guess not..
Just wondering cause ive never seen him before... Is the Tackle that we took really good? i mean we passed Winston Justice, Eric Winston for him.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow...

If you wanted those guys so bad at least you could spell their names right..

Brandon Williams
Sinorice Moss

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Do I dare mention that Moss went two picks BEFORE we picked?

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, in Tanks defense (I can't believe I'm saying this), Moss was available at 36 and 37 before we traded down.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 10:41 PM

Sinorice Moss BTW.

Yes tank, i was mad too, we passed up first Jimmy williams, and then Chad jackson and Tatusi Lutui , and daniel buluck, and even Lendale white. and in the third i was also hoping for Ashton Youboty or LEonard pope, but i guess not..
Just wondering cause ive never seen him before... Is the Tackle that we took really good? i mean we passed Winston Justice, Eric Winston for him.

I wondered the same thing when I first heard his name; I knew most of the top prospects and I had to surf the net to figure out who the h@ll he was.
From the sounds if it he needs to get stronger; IMO he was Green Bay's worse selection when considering where they picked each player.

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Moss and Williams are probably too small for what McCarthy wants to do with the offense. They'll be good in the right offense. I would have liked to see us take Chad Jackson, but I think TT knows what he is doing.

esoxx
04-29-2006, 10:44 PM

Sinorice Moss BTW.

Nick, IMO Colledge is a SOLID pick. Really, the knock on him is he needs to get stronger. Wow, that's quite a knock huh. Guess what, he will get stronger with the weight training program M3, and really any NFL team, has in place. I see him as a prime candidate at guard but as a huge bonus he can also play LT. It was only three years ago that Clifton was knocked out with a very serious hip injury. You never know what's going to happen so we also picked up some major insurance at LT, one of the most important positions on the field, if need be.

I love that Colledge is also very mobile, durable and has a NASTY streak. Really, what's there not to like? I promise you if he went to Ohio State or Notre Dame and got more pub everyone would be falling off their chairs over this pick.

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, in Tanks defense (I can't believe I'm saying this), Moss was available at 36 and 37 before we traded down.

But think of all the extra picks we gained doing that. I wonder if he was hoping one of them would still be there when we came up again.

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
What Esoxx said.

esoxx
04-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Moss is a smurph. TT & M3 do not want smurphs on their team. They're going old school West Coast Offense, back to basics, carving up the middle of the field. Slants and circle routes will rule the day. Thus the need for bigger, more rugged WR's. Moss would not fit. Hell, Antonio Chatman improved greatly last year and they said Sayonara not long after the season ended. Surely a guy who had some chemistry with Favre would at least see another training camp? No. Why? Because he's a smurph!

Wishing you want a guy like Moss, b/c he went to Miami and was "talked about" by national press, does not qualify him to play in this system the Packers are trying to put together.

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Anybody think TT or any of the people at the top of this thread are getting any sleep tonight?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Sinorice Moss BTW.

Nick, IMO Colledge is a SOLID pick. Really, the knock on him is he needs to get stronger. Wow, that's quite a knock huh. Guess what, he will get stronger with the weight training program M3, and really any NFL team, has in place. I see him as a prime candidate at guard but as a huge bonus he can also play LT. It was only three years ago that Clifton was knocked out with a very serious hip injury. You never know what's going to happen so we also picked up some major insurance at LT, one of the most important positions on the field, if need be.

I love that Colledge is also very mobile, durable and has a NASTY streak. Really, what's there not to like? I promise you if he went to Ohio State or Notre Dame and got more pub everyone would be falling off their chairs over this pick.

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT; TO ME THIS IS SIMPLE

IF he starts at OG it was a justifiable pick. If he does not then it was the wrong pick. Trading Javon Walker away for depth is completely outrageous in my book. I like one of the trade downs, just not both. Chad Jackson should have been a Packer.