MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
1. Honolulu
2. Little Rock
3. San Bernadino
4. Sacramento
5. Portland
6. Alexandria, Louisiana

Interesting. There's not even one in the top 6 that's anywhere NEAR where I live. I may be living on the wrong end of the country! :shock:

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey, Hattiesburg is on my list!!!

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2007, 09:34 PM
1. Hopkinsville, Kentucky
2. Grand Junction, Colorado
3. Cedar City, Utah
4. Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5. Aiken, South Carolina
6. Kalispell, Montana (the only one I've been to a lot, and I love it up there)
7. Clarksdale, Mississippi
8. Wimberley, Texas
9. Springville, Utah
10. Alexander City, Alabama
11. Crystal River, Florida
12. Wenatchee, Wisconsin

Iron Mike
06-10-2007, 09:34 PM

It was on mine, also.

What is it about that place?? :wink:

Iron Mike
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
12. Wenatchee, Wisconsin

I'm thinking Wenatchee is in Washington. 8-)

Brando19
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
1. Maryville, Tennessee
2. Hendersonville, North Carolina
3. Chattanooga, Tennessee
4. Bloomington, Indiana
5. Lewiston, Maine
6. Olympia, Washington
7. Johnson City-Kingsport, Tennessee
8. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
9. Springfield, Missouri
10. Hickory, North Carolina
11. Tacoma, Washington
12. Easton, Pennsylvania
13. Dillon, Montana
14. Roanoke, Virginia
15. Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
16. Bremerton, Washington
17. Ketchikan, Alaska
18. Clayton, Georgia
19. Greenville, South Carolina
20. Plattsburgh, New York
21. Branson, Missouri
22. Clarksville, Tennessee
23. Helena, Montana
24. Johnstown, Pennsylvania

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I've used that site a lot over the past few weeks. I find it to be somewhat helpful, but, for example, my Dad has to relocate to the Mid-Atlantic for his job. So I put that I'm looking for Mid-Atlantic/NE, yet I still get the majority of my results for places like Oregon, Arkansas, Florida, Texas, etc. It's useful, to a degree, but I take it with a grain of salt.

GrnBay007
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
1. Greenville, South Carolina
2. St. George, Utah
3. Tacoma, Washington
4. Tulsa, Oklahoma
5. Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Chattanooga, Tennessee
7. Clarksville, Tennessee
8. Olympia, Washington
9. Bloomington, Indiana
10. Norfolk, Virginia
11. Knoxville, Tennessee
12. Kent, Washington

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 10:17 PM

It was on mine, also.

What is it about that place?? :wink:

Big time football = Brett Favre???

oregonpackfan
06-10-2007, 11:32 PM
My top 5 were:

1. Salem, OR
2. Eugene, OR
3. Little Rock, Arkansas(Look out Bill and Hillary--here I come!"
4. Fayetteville, Arkansas
5. Shreveport, LA

Partial
06-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Charleston, SC
Jacksonville, FL
Orlando, FL
Alexandria, LA
Biloxi-Gulfport, MISS
Little Rock, ARK

the_idle_threat
06-11-2007, 01:08 AM
The thing doesn't seem to like Wisconsin.

Almost all of my top 24 were in the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes area, and yet only 3 were in Wisconsin, including #23 and #24. #24 was Milwaukee---where I actually live---and I like it just fine.

Top ones were (1) Twin cities, (2) Cincy, (3) Grand Rapids, (4) Duluth, (5) Ann Arbor, and (6) Cleveland :shock: .

Merlin
06-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree that it doesn't like Wisconsin. Not one place from Wisconsin, most of mine where in Minnesota, North Dakota and Michigan!

LL2
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Here’s what The Spot said is my top 14. What’s interesting is they put Oklahoma City on there and I live in Tulsa for a year about 15 years ago and I did not like Oklahoma. Two cities on the list that I’ve been to and like are Augusta, GA and Nashville, TN. Orlando is too touristy for me and my wife and not enough variety of life. I’ve been to Texas a couple times and MIGHT consider it someday, but not likely. Two things it doesn’t factor are living by family and jobs and they are important. It still is interesting to see what places it thinks you’d like to live.

1 Charleston, SC
2 Jacksonville, FL
3 Orlando, FL
4 Augusta, GA
5 Phoenix, AZ
6 Oklahoma City, OK
7 West Palm Beach, FL
8 Houston, TX
9 Tampa, FL
10 Nashville, TN
11 Memphis, TN
12 Fort Worth, TX
13 Tucson, AZ
14 Austin, TX

HarveyWallbangers
06-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Charleston and Nashville are two of my favorite U.S. cities. If I ranked my own top 10, they would both be on it.

Freak Out
06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
My list is loaded with Oregon and New Mexico a little Nevada and Arkansas...and my current home Anchorage is on the list. I wonder why the average home price in Gardnerville - Minden Nevada is $380,000? Yowza!

Freak Out
06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
My list is loaded with Oregon and New Mexico a little Nevada and Arkansas...and my current home Anchorage is on the list. I wonder why the average home price in Gardnerville - Minden Nevada is $380,000? Yowza!

California and Tahoe thats why!

Kiwon
06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I was curious about the quiz too and answered all the questions.......up until they wanted my name, address, contact info, etc.

Why can't companies just provide the info without putting people in some database or building a mailing list? If people are interested they can elect to provide their personal info. I usually don't respond to these things for this very reason - you don't get the payoff UNLESS you provide your personal info.

I thought the survey was well done, but I get enough spam and junk mail already.

BTW, the education preference statement was funny, "I prefer progressive education to back-to-basics curricula."

I'll translate, "When it comes to your children's education, self-esteem, sex ed, and a multi-cultural curricula is more important to you than than English, Math, and Science."

the_idle_threat
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I put in a fake name (Horatio Bagadoosh) and the address for Milwaukee County Stadium. It works just fine with that. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I put in fake information (including a bogus email address). I was still able to get the results.

Kiwon
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I put in a fake name (Horatio Bagadoosh) and the address for Milwaukee County Stadium. It works just fine with that.

I put in fake information (including a bogus email address). I was still able to get the results.

See, why didn't I think of that? I'll never break into the upper echelons of PackerRats. Some are leaders and some are followers. :)

BallHawk
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM

It doesn't even read the information seriously. I put in numbers for my name and email and it accepted it.

justanotherpackfan
06-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Camden, Maine
Branson, Missouri
Easton, Pennsylvania
Saugatuck, Michigan
Lewiston, Maine
Peterborough, New Hampshire

MJZiggy
06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Something tells me you didn't put in a preference for big cities...

justanotherpackfan
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Something tells me you didn't put in a preference for big cities...
Yeah, I'm definitely a small town kind of guy. Traverse City, Michigan looks nice.

Little Whiskey
06-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Camden, Maine
Branson, Missouri
Easton, Pennsylvania
Saugatuck, Michigan
Lewiston, Maine

traverse is nice, but very pricy it's a vacation home spot. Saugatuck is better known as sausage-tuck....they have more "alternative-lifestyle" folks than Frisco. (per capita) just thought i'd let you know before you start paking your bags.

justanotherpackfan
06-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Camden, Maine
Branson, Missouri
Easton, Pennsylvania
Saugatuck, Michigan
Lewiston, Maine

traverse is nice, but very pricy it's a vacation home spot. Saugatuck is better known as sausage-tuck....they have more "alternative-lifestyle" folks than Frisco. (per capita) just thought i'd let you know before you start paking your bags.
Don't worry, those cities were just my results, I highly doubt I will move out of the state. I do really like the Door County area.