PDA

View Full Version : Raiders OC comments on Randy Moss

oregonpackfan
06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Raiders' Offensive Coordinator Tom Walsh had these comments on Randy Moss while Moss played for the Raiders, "Randy Moss is a player whose skills are diminishing, and he's in denial of those eroding skills," former Raiders offensive coordinator Tom Walsh told the Boston Globe. "Randy was a great receiver, but he lacked the work ethic and the desire to cultivate any skills that would compensate for what he was losing physically later in his career.

"He told me last year, 'I'm too old to practice on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm not too old to play on Sunday.' Did they start a senior league?"

Interesting comments, wouldn't you say?

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Can't believe that they printed it in the Globe. I thought everything is always 'rosey' in Patriot land.

And this is in no way an invite to start anything 'Rosie'!

PackerBlues
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like Walsh is upset that Moss didnt single handedly carry the offense for him. Not sticking up for Moss in any way here, but thats one hell of a nice back-stab from Walsh. Way to show some balls (not). Any problems that Walsh had with Moss ended when Moss was traded. For a coach to talk smack about a player in that way, after the player is gone, shows a complete lack of class on the coaches part. Seems to me, that Moss had plenty of reason to want out of Oakland..........I wouldnt want to work with that dick either.

Scott Campbell
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Seems to me, that Moss had plenty of reason to want out of Oakland..........I wouldnt want to work with that dick either.

Well getting away from Walsh was no longer one of them. Walsh got fired during the season.

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds like Walsh is upset that Moss didnt single handedly carry the offense for him. Not sticking up for Moss in any way here, but thats one hell of a nice back-stab from Walsh. Way to show some balls (not). Any problems that Walsh had with Moss ended when Moss was traded. For a coach to talk smack about a player in that way, after the player is gone, shows a complete lack of class on the coaches part. Seems to me, that Moss had plenty of reason to want out of Oakland..........I wouldnt want to work with that dick either.

Can you only imagine how bad it must have been, for a coach (ex-coach) to say something like this?
Won't be long before Randy doing the same sh* t in NE.

Tarlam!
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Can you only imagine how bad it must have been, for a coach (ex-coach) to say something like this?

Walsh proved how valuable he is in Oakland. What's his claim to fame?

Moss will be fine in NE.

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 05:08 PM

Walsh proved how valuable he is in Oakland. What's his claim to fame?

Moss will be fine in NE.

Randy messed up with 2 of the 2 teams he's played for. The odds aren't looking good for him to change.

Tarlam!
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Randy messed up with 2 of the 2 teams he's played for. The odds aren't looking good for him to change.

That's giving him far too much credit. You're thinking of TO.

Randy was a dick in Minnie and Oakland. He'll be fine in New England, because he's not the best player. He would have been fine as long as Favre played in GB also.

Or are you suggesting Carr and Culpepper 0 Favre and Brady?

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
No, all I'm saying is a zebra can't change his stripes.

PackerBlues
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Just a thought, but seems to me that Culpepper is suffering from some of the same problems Sherman went through in leaving GB.
With all the openings for head coaches when Sherman was fired, you would think that with his coaching record, (wich was pretty damned good) he would have easily been picked up as a head coach somewhere else. Thing is, he had Brett Favre. Thats the only reason I can come up with that he is not a head coach somewhere. I am guessing that the thought process behind his not getting hired as a head coach elsewhere was along the lines of "anyone could have won with Favre as QB".
For Culpepper, he threw to Randy Moss. End of story. Anyone with arm strength could have thrown those bombs for Moss to come down with. No more Moss meant no more career for Culpepper. Sure, his injuries didnt help any, but just the same, without Moss, Culpepper was nothing.

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
You very well be right, but don't you hate giving Randy Moss that much credit?

cpk1994
06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Just a thought, but seems to me that Culpepper is suffering from some of the same problems Sherman went through in leaving GB.
With all the openings for head coaches when Sherman was fired, you would think that with his coaching record, (wich was pretty damned good) he would have easily been picked up as a head coach somewhere else. Thing is, he had Brett Favre. Thats the only reason I can come up with that he is not a head coach somewhere. I am guessing that the thought process behind his not getting hired as a head coach elsewhere was along the lines of "anyone could have won with Favre as QB".
For Culpepper, he threw to Randy Moss. End of story. Anyone with arm strength could have thrown those bombs for Moss to come down with. No more Moss meant no more career for Culpepper. Sure, his injuries didnt help any, but just the same, without Moss, Culpepper was nothing.

Teams consider more than record when hiring head coaches. Sherman had a reputation of being unwilling to listen or change as noted by several former players and coaches. Jeff Jagozinski was canned shortly after he suggested to Sherman that his playcalling was too predictable. Also there were the playoff failures that while overlooked in most cases were too spectacular in Shermans case. Add in the fact he just got fired and it is easy to see why most teams stayed away.

KYPack
06-13-2007, 08:50 PM

Teams consider more than record when hiring head coaches. Sherman had a reputation of being unwilling to listen or change as noted by several former players and coaches. Jeff Jagozinski was canned shortly after he suggested to Sherman that his playcalling was too predictable. Also there were the playoff failures that while overlooked in most cases were too spectacular in Shermans case. Add in the fact he just got fired and it is easy to see why most teams stayed away.

I also heard that Jags wanted Shermie to ash can the dreaded U-71 formation. Did you hear similat tales about that situation?

I know Jags made no bones that the U-71 was dead when he took over as OC for M3

MadtownPacker
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Jags may have wanted it gone but he will be the one that is gone next year if the O looks like last season. Say what you want about Sherm but his offenses where always good. I know he worked with more talent but his offense was something I never questioned. His use or lack of it was.

But yeah the U71 was played out after a while and didn't work anymore.

MJZiggy
06-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Jags may have wanted it gone but he will be the one that is gone next year if the O looks like last season. Say what you want about Sherm but his offenses where always good. I know he worked with more talent but his offense was something I never questioned. His use or lack of it was.

But yeah the U71 was played out after a while and didn't work anymore.

Ummm Jags is gone...He is the HC over at Boston College.