PDA

View Full Version : NFC Positional Rankings

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2007, 08:59 AM
From Sporting News.com. NFC Positional Rankings for Green Bay and Minnesota (for Rastak).

DT: Green Bay - 4, Minnesota - 1

All of the four NFC North teams were ranked in the top. Minnesota deserves the #1 ranking.

DE: Green Bay - 4, Minnesota - 14

If Jenkins repeats his end of the season success, this ranking will be justified. I'm surprise that a major news publication actually realized the Packers DL was solid last year. Minnesota has potential to be better, but they need one or two young guys to step up.

LB: Green Bay - 6, Minnesota - 8

Personally, I think the Packers should be higher than a couple of teams head of it. Until Patrick Willis actually shows something at the NFL level, the Packers shouldn't be ranked behind them.

CB: Green Bay - 4, Minnesota - 7

Would probably be higher if they just ranked starters, but they need a backup or two to step up.

Safety: Green Bay - 13, Minnesota - 3

Personally, I think this is too high for Minnesota. They have Darren Sharper ranked ahead of Sean Taylor. What? GB deserves this low ranking. Hopefully, somebody steps up to replace Manuel.

OT: Green Bay - 6, Minnesota - 9

Again, McKinnie is overrated. I think Green Bay is a lot better at OT than just 3 position rankings.

Rastak
06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks Harv

BallHawk
06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Do you have a link to this article, Harv?

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2007, 09:33 AM
No, they are several articles. I just provided the overall rankings taken from each one. They've only gotten through OTs. You'll have to go to Sporting News to read each individual article.

The Leaper
06-14-2007, 10:09 AM
So Green Bay is in the top 6 of the conference in all categories so far other than safety?

Apparently it isn't just people on here drinking the koolaid. :D We're going to the playoffs bee-yatch!!!

HarveyWallbangers
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM
So Green Bay is in the top 6 of the conference in all categories so far other than safety?

Apparently it isn't just people on here drinking the koolaid. :D We're going to the playoffs bee-yatch!!!

Well, they haven't gotten to WRs, TEs, OGs, and RBs yet.
:D

Freak Out
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Well, they haven't gotten to WRs, TEs, OGs, and RBs yet.
:D

:lol:

TE's and RB's will take us down a notch.

wist43
06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I'll have to look at the articles (don't have time now), but on a cursory glance I'm not buying any of it.

GB is ranking in the top 10 in the league at LB??? Think they're hitting the acid laced Kool-Aid a little hard over there at Sporting News.

The Leaper
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I'll have to look at the articles (don't have time now), but on a cursory glance I'm not buying any of it.

GB is ranking in the top 10 in the league at LB??? Think they're hitting the acid laced Kool-Aid a little hard over there at Sporting News.

This is CONFERENCE Wist...not league wide. If we were in the top 6 in the league in just about every category on defense, I'd be dancing a jig.

wist43
06-14-2007, 12:39 PM

This is CONFERENCE Wist...not league wide. If we were in the top 6 in the league in just about every category on defense, I'd be dancing a jig.

That's a little more reasonable then... time is short, and I don't always have time to read thoroughly. Thanks.