PDA

View Full Version : Joh Clayton's Winners and Losers of the First Day.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 11:14 PM
First of all John Clayton is a theif. I don't know when he started checking Packer Forums and stealing the work of others, but we all know who came up with the Winners and Losers column first.

Clayton is a typical ESPN asshole that reports for the masses. Once again, Clayton swirls it all back to Brett Favre. I guess he only reports on the Packers for the people that think this team's only concern is Brett Favre.

Clayton claims the Packers didn't get enough for Walker. Well you know what? He is right, but lets see him and his cronies at ESPN get a better deal for Walker. I thought TT spun it beautifully, collecting another third round pick from Atlanta.

Well here is the article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2427335

mraynrand
04-29-2006, 11:29 PM
"Clayton claims the Packers didn't get enough for Walker."

----

Did Clayton ever consider that by the time Walker is fully healed (if it even happens), it will be 2007 and Walker (based on age) will be in the equivalent of his 8th season? How much is an injured 8 year veteran wide out worth? More than John Clayton, I bet.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Here's the thing about negotiations:

4. Green Bay Packers: They didn't get great value for Javon Walker, only getting a second-round choice instead of two seconds, which they were demanding Friday. While A.J. Hawk was a great choice to help the defense, the Packers didn't do much to help Brett Favre. They didn't get tight end Vernon Davis, but that's OK. Hawk rated higher on most draft boards than Davis. The Packers had a decent second-round for the future in getting tackle Daryn Colledge and wide receiver Greg Jennings, who might take some time to make impact. But this is Favre's last year, and he is committed to making the best out of the season. As it has been the entire offseason, the Packers haven't seized the moment.

So, on Friday, the Packers wanted 2 #2s for Walker and Denver was willing to part with far less. The Packers didn't accept until Denver upped their offer to #37 which they knew they could parlay into more picks again. Packers asked a lot and Denver budged. Good for TT! That doesn't make him a 'Loser' IMO.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Clayton looks like a fucking alien. What is he talking about we didn't do anything to help Favre and the offense. We took 2 O-line and a WR in the first 3 rds. If we would have taken Davis people would bitch about that. Clayton is a moron. I thought TT did a fine job. I would have liked Byrd with that 2nd 3rd rder that he traded, but I'll have to wait and see what he gets for it. I thought he did a great job of taking care of both sides of the ball.

I love the two new LBs we picked up. Amazing that he was able to get Hodge, I love that pick so much!!!!!!!

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Unreal. I think Thompson and the Pack had a very good first day. I don't see how he could consider us "losers" by any stretch of the imagination.

He didn't even say a word about Abdul Hodge either.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I love that pick so much!!!!!!!
Me too!

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Clayton is the same genius who told us back in February that there was virtually no chance of Brett Favre returning to the Packers. keep throwing crap at the walls, something will stick.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Clayton is the same genius who told us back in February that there was virtually no chance of Brett Favre returning to the Packers. keep throwing crap at the walls, something will stick.

But in the meantime, there's crap everywhere. I've met decorators who know more about football than John Clayton.

Fritz
04-30-2006, 07:11 AM
So what kind of help for Brett Favre - this year - could any team get in the draft? Other than drafting Reggie Bush (New Orleans wanted the Packers' entire draft plus TT's Mom), it's not going to happen. It takes time for a draft class to make an impact. John Clayton's face looks like my cat's sphincter.

Oscar
04-30-2006, 07:24 AM
I think Clayton is a blow hard looking for ratings. What about Erving yesterday?? I wanted to ripe his head off. What a joke. I feel T.T. did a graeat job yesterday. As for Walker..I feel we got as good a trade as we were gonna get. I have no complaints.

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 09:03 AM
So what kind of help for Brett Favre - this year - could any team get in the draft? Other than drafting Reggie Bush (New Orleans wanted the Packers' entire draft plus TT's Mom), it's not going to happen. It takes time for a draft class to make an impact. John Clayton's face looks like my cat's sphincter.

Some would argue we passed on the best WR in the draft and he could have immediately helped. Don't think I agree with that, but it'll be intereresting to see how quickly Chad Jackson is plugged in as a starter in New England and how he does.