PDA

View Full Version : Is this a compliment???

packinpatland
06-15-2007, 03:17 PM
From Dr.Z's mailbag today. Did he say something not bad about Favre?
Am not sure.

"Pat of Ingolheim, Germany (or maybe it's Ingelheim ... the print is kind of blurred), wonders if the QB's with the real big arm, such as Favre or Culpepper, might have trouble with the subtleties of the game, "because they figure, what the heck, just gun it in there." Depends on the individual. Some are apt scholars as well as cannon-arms, some fit into your characterization. I know a personnel director who used to call them "mindless bombers," and likened them to KO punchers who didn't have to learn the nuances of boxing skills because they had the hammer. Favre is not in this category"

MJZiggy
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I believe he is saying that Favre is NOT of the "mindless bomber" category and understands the nuances of the game. It surely wasn't an insult, but I don't know if he actually paid a very large compliment either...

HarveyWallbangers
06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I think he threw that in because he's a notorious Favre basher (who has stated that he's not sure if Favre is a first ballot Hall of Famer), and probably didn't want to get a ton of emails again.

woodbuck27
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
From Dr.Z's mailbag today. Did he say something not bad about Favre?
Am not sure.

"Pat of Ingolheim, Germany (or maybe it's Ingelheim ... the print is kind of blurred), wonders if the QB's with the real big arm, such as Favre or Culpepper, might have trouble with the subtleties of the game, "because they figure, what the heck, just gun it in there." Depends on the individual. Some are apt scholars as well as cannon-arms, some fit into your characterization. I know a personnel director who used to call them "mindless bombers," and likened them to KO punchers who didn't have to learn the nuances of boxing skills because they had the hammer. Favre is not in this category"

It's cool.

Dr. Z gets a pass here. :)