PDA

View Full Version : June is final exam time - Some surprizes here !

woodbuck27
06-15-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10222838

June is final exam time

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(June 12, 2007)

-- Every year in June, I give a series of final exams so you can test your knowledge of the previous season. The test is designed to remind you of a few of the performers who played better or worse than you might remember. The second test will feature team performances.

Take the test in five minutes and of course no cheating!

TRUE/FALSE ... that means you have a 50/50 chance, which always helps the guessers.

1.) Jon Kitna threw more touchdown passes last season than any of the following quarterbacks: Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington.

2.) Marc Bulger threw fewer interceptions in 2006 than any of the following signal-callers: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Eli Manning.

Vince Young had a magical rookie season, but did he manage more TDs than interceptions?
3.) Matt Leinart and Vince Young both threw more touchdowns than interceptions in their first seasons.

4.) J.P. Losman threw fewer touchdowns than any of the following players: Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck or Steve McNair.

5.) Maurice Jones-Drew rushed for more touchdowns than Edgerrin James and Thomas Jones combined.

6.) Steven Jackson was fourth in the NFL in rushing yards behind LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Johnson and Frank Gore.

7.) 23 NFL running backs rushed for over 1,000 yards last year, and that group included Willis McGahee and Shaun Alexander.

8.) Larry Fitzgerald caught more passes than any of these receivers: Anquan Boldin, Isaac Bruce or Tony Gonzalez.

9.) Chad Johnson had more receptions than any of these receivers: Laveranues Coles, Donald Driver or Mike Furry.

10.) The Ravens had four defenders with more sacks than the top New England Patriot.

MULTIPLE CHOICE

11.) The best pair of wide receivers (by number of receptions) in the NFL last year was the Colts' Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne with 181 grabs. The second-best tandem belonged to:

a.) Cincinnati
b.) Detroit
c.) Saint Louis

12.) The best sack tandem belonged to the Chargers with Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips combining for 28½. The second-best tandem belonged to:

a.) Oakland
b.) Baltimore
c.) Arizona.

13.) Who led the NFL in tackles last year?

a.) Zach Thomas
b.) DeMeco Ryans
c.) Lance Briggs
d.) Brian Urlacher

14.) The top safety in the NFL when it came to tackles was:

a.) Troy Polamalu
b.) Ed Reed
c.) Roy Williams
d.) Chris Hope

15.) Which one of these players had the most interceptions last year?

a.) Chris McAllister
b.) Walt Harris
c.) Lito Sheppard
d.) Pacman Jones.

Answers on next page.

woodbuck27
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Answer key:

1.) T

2.) T

3.) F (both threw more picks than touchdowns)

4.) F (Losman threw more than all of them)

5.) T

6.) F (Tiki Barber was fourth)

7.) F (neither guy had 1,000)

8.) F (Larry caught less than all of these receivers)

9.) F (Chad had less than all mentioned)

10.) T

11.) Detroit

12.) Baltimore

13.) Zach Thomas

14.) Chris Hope

15.) Walt Harris

oregonpackfan
06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Yep, there sure were a lot of surprises. I only scored 8 correct.

HarveyWallbangers
06-15-2007, 11:02 PM
I had 13 of 15 correct. The two I missed on were #6 and #12. I said T for #6, and I thought it was Oakland for #12.