PDA

View Full Version : RANDOM NOTES FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCES

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm going to listed to a shitload of press conferences tonight and thought I'd offer interesting points if any came up.

AJ Hawk is very well spoken.

AJ Hawk and his coach felt GB offered him the best fit; he appreciates the tradition. Doesn't care about position....Mike LB or Will LB or special Teams. First and foremost he said his only goal is to WIN. He likes to play defense cause he likes to hit people.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:42 PM
TT claims AJ Hawk has been his pick for the last three weeks; feels AJ Hawk will be a big time Pro Bowler. By far the best athlete at LB in the draft.
Could play all three postions, but don't be surprise to see him elsewhere and TT would expect that Hawk NEVER comes off the field.

TT was nervous Hawk might be gone at 5, and then when they got to #5 he took a number of offers of teams that wanted to grab Hawk there.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Our local sportscaster did a sit-down interview with AJ as well. That is basically what he said.

Yes, he does seem like a very well spoken individual.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 11:44 PM
I showed my wife clips of him and she was like..."Why does he always try to tear the other players head off?" I was like "because he's a fucking animal"

I always like to get my wifes input...She doesn't know what she doesn't know and it's cute. Plus, she provides me with a perspective I am no longer able to see after years of watching and studying football.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:49 PM
TT notes #1 goal in free agency was to keep Kampman.

Also noted Vernon Davis would have been a great fit her, but Hawk was the guy for Green Bay and there was never a doubt about that. Pretty clear Davis was the backup plan.

TT lost sleep thinking NO would move back and snatch Hawk in front of them...........but he wanted to keep that mum.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 11:52 PM
According to Lori Nickle at jso, Hawk is a "Republican and believer in the war in Iraq." When Hawk make a play next fall, and because I'm a liberal, I don't know if I can cheer for him. How can I support a proponent of the Iraq War when I'm against it?

I bet Tex is excited Hawk is a Packer.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
According to Lori Nickle at jso, Hawk is a "Republican and believer in the war in Iraq." When Hawk make a play next fall, and because I'm a liberal, I don't know if I can cheer for him. How can I support a proponent of the Iraq War when I'm against it?

Actually Tex was very Anti Hawk.....although he's so PRO Packer he'll spin that view around now that AJ Hawk is a Packer

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Actually Tex was very Anti Hawk.....although he's so PRO Packer he'll spin that view around now that AJ Hawk is a Packer

Didnt know that. Did Tex said he wanted Davis or Bush?

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel wore their hair long in memory of Pat Tillman. It would be easy to surmise that he's probably Republican. Wonder if his gal and his gal's brother feel the same way.
:D

Bretsky
04-30-2006, 12:18 AM

Didnt know that. Did Tex said he wanted Davis or Bush?

Tex was all for trading up for Bush because he felt we were still close to excellence. If we stayed at 5 he wanted Vernon Davis.

Homer Jay
04-30-2006, 12:30 AM
As I recall Tex said the Packers are so set up for success that picking anybody would be a waste of time and money.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2006, 12:30 AM
I guess, as a liberal, im open minded even to the GOP ideology even though i dont support it.

Although i prefer huff, i wish Hawk the best and hopefully he;ll turn out to be another Urlacher.

If not, i can always blame thompson. :cool:

Rastak
04-30-2006, 06:35 AM

Exactly, he'll suggest it was the greatest pick and the only logical pick. Actually, the Packers had a pretty good first day.

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 06:47 AM

You're no liberal.

motife
04-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Jagodzinski said Colledge fits the mold of another Mike Wahle. McCarthy said Colledge has incredible explosion in the weight room on squats and clean and jerks.

Jagodzinski sounded very sorry to see Javon Walker leave. He said "it's very unfortunate. It's very, very unfortunate."

motife
04-30-2006, 07:19 AM

The problem is it's hard to find white males (that aren't either 1) gay, 2) teachers, college professors or 3) union organizers) who aren't Republicans.

As a group the above are about 80% GOP.

I don't think that affects their football playing ability though. Rabid anti- Islamofascists tend to be very aggressive and resilient mentally, so it's probably a plus really.

Fritz
04-30-2006, 07:39 AM
His girlfriend looks like a vampire, too. But she probably hits hard.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2006, 09:26 AM
You're no liberal.

LOL

Anti-Polar Bear
04-30-2006, 03:30 PM

You're no liberal.

If im not a liberal, then you are not a woman.

RashanGary
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
McCarthy said the Walker situation started a long time ago and it's finially finished.

Wonder if he's pissed at the bumbling idiot Sherman for promising shit to players....What pear shaped loser.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I showed my wife clips of him and she was like..."Why does he always try to tear the other players head off?"

Dude even as I type Im still chuckling about that comment. I cant wait to see the Hawk destroy someone in purple or blue.

son of a vic
04-30-2006, 06:55 PM

Kind of a coincidence that most people that work their asses off, are usually Republicans, right Tank?

potsdam_11
04-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I was just wondering, has anyone heard or read, if there has been any kind of reaction from John Gruden in regards to the Packers drafting both Jolly and Rodgers? :neutral:

MJZiggy
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM

You're no liberal.

If im not a liberal, then you are not a woman.

True liberals keep their word. Quit acting like Bush and pay up.