PDA

View Full Version : What now?

justanotherpackfan
06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Long story short, I've been screwed by the company JumpUSA. I ordered an 18 inch Pro Box on May 30, 2007 that cost $132. Two and a half weeks later, I still have yet to receive my package which was ordered via credit card. When I called their company asking for a tracking number, I was told there wasn't one, but they would go to the warehouse and email it to me. I never received the email. Yesterday, I emailed them, and still have not received a reply. Is there anything I can do about this nonsense.

Patler
06-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Contact your credit card company IMMEDIATELY. I mean right now, today. Customer service. Tell them you have not received the item and no satisfactory explaination from the seller.

Most of the card companies will follow up for you, and credit your account while they do. It's one of the advantages of using a credit card.

Little Whiskey
06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
patlers right, credit cards have fraud protection. call them, and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Partial
06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Seems like a legit company. They'll hit you back, no worries.

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
yea you think thats bad? Since we live down in miami, my parents have been trying to get a whole house generator. Like the ones that 4 secounds after the power goes out it turns on. So we were supposevly getting it from this one company. They had been taaking a long time to do simple things. We would call them once a week and they would say they were getting our permit or some bs like that. Now we also had given them a down payment of 12 grand. So my dad goes to the place to just get everything back because theres another company we are going to get it from. So he drives down there and the place is empty. So what happened was the company moved to like orlando or something and both owners were fighting over the money. (some crap like that) in the long run we arent getting any money back according to the lawyers. But we are getting a generator from a more reliable company

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 12:10 PM
CW - I've always considered myself someone who can smell out a scam fast so I have to wonder why your Dad waited so long (weeks right?) on something that involved so much $$$. Was this a business that was in town for some time or some new place?

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 01:39 PM
CW - I've always considered myself someone who can smell out a scam fast so I have to wonder why your Dad waited so long (weeks right?) on something that involved so much $$$. Was this a business that was in town for some time or some new place?

The thing was that there have been a long wait for the generators. Some friends that i know had to wait a lil over a year for theres. Its not as simple as just buying it, like you have to get the huge gas tank put in and the generator and have all the permits and get approved. So its kinda a long proccess. The company wasnt new ethier

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Basically the company has been here for a long time, the man who owned and opperated it well died, so his son who had no experience thought he could make alot of money from the generator buissness. Apparently he got in over his head and they couldnt pay the bills and such

Patler
06-18-2007, 01:52 PM

The thing was that there have been a long wait for the generators. Some friends that i know had to wait a lil over a year for theres. Its not as simple as just buying it, like you have to get the huge gas tank put in and the generator and have all the permits and get approved. So its kinda a long proccess. The company wasnt new ethier

In many parts of the country, the electric utilities have programs for installing the generators, with pretty decent financing terms. They have found it is better for them to install them, to be sure they are installed correctly, so as not to electrocute their linemen working on an outage with customers' generators running in the outage area.

BallHawk
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Basically the company has been here for a long time, the man who owned and opperated it well died, so his son who had no experience thought he could make alot of money from the generator buissness. Apparently he got in over his head and they couldnt pay the bills and such

To put down $12,000 just so you can have electricity immediately is kind of a waste, IMO. During you're normal hurricane, you're going to be without electricity, at the most, for 2-3 days. When Wilma hit us (Cat 3) we were without electricity for about 30 hours. It's not that bad.

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 07:52 PM

To put down $12,000 just so you can have electricity immediately is kind of a waste, IMO. During you're normal hurricane, you're going to be without electricity, at the most, for 2-3 days. When Wilma hit us (Cat 3) we were without electricity for about 30 hours. It's not that bad.

ha 2-3 days??? try 3 fucking weeks

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

plus my parents are thinking ahead, like we have a small small generator but it runs like a light and a fan, not very much, but i have 3 more years till im off to college and my parents are both in there 50's so there just preparing incase something bad hits and im not around they will have electricity easy. Plus no one else in my neghborhood even has a generator so if there is another storm they can come over.

Little Whiskey
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Plus no one else in my neghborhood even has a generator so if there is another storm they can come over.

for a price!!! aint capitalism great!! :lol: