PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS : Packers linebacker Barnett arrested

packers11
06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070617/GPG020801/70617023/1989

Packers linebacker Barnett arrested after disturbance at Appleton nightclub

Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

APPLETON — Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was arrested after a disturbance early today at a downtown Appleton tavern, police said.

According to a police statement, Barnett was involved in a physical altercation about 2 a.m. at the nightclub known as Wet, 344 W. College Ave. He was subsequently arrested for battery and was confined to the Outagamie County Jail a few blocks away.

He was released later and appeared this afternoon at Packers teammate Brett Favre’s annual charity softball game, held at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute. He was not immediately available for comment.

The Packers selected Barnett, 26, out of Oregon State in the first round of the 2003 draft. He is in his fifth season with the team.

Police asked that anyone with information about the nightclub incident contact the department at (920) 832-5500.

GrnBay007
06-17-2007, 04:47 PM
ouch! not good....bring on the suspension. :(

Joemailman
06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Depending on the seriousness of the case, there may or may not be a suspension. The league has been cracking down on repeat offenders, of which I do not believe Barnett is one.

Mazzin
06-17-2007, 05:59 PM
If he gets suspended, but that jackass Mike Vick Dosen't get suspended...I'll be one pissed off biatch! :evil:

chewy-bacca
06-17-2007, 06:00 PM
prob. had to put a bears fan in there place. he'll be OK, he looks relaxed in the mug shot. :lol:

Patler
06-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Depending on the seriousness of the case, there may or may not be a suspension. The league has been cracking down on repeat offenders, of which I do not believe Barnett is one.

Have you forgotten his jaywalking ticket??? :lol: :lol:

retailguy
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll be one pissed off biatch! :evil:

Just curious... Why would you call yourself this? :?

Packnut
06-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Guess some will stop throwing that little phrase "He's a Packer person" around so easily. We got a reformed drunk, a few guys who smoked weed and now jailbird Nick..........

MJZiggy
06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
It's only a guess, but I have a feeling the justice system's gonna have NOTHING on what his wife is gonna do to him...

Kiwon
06-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Guess some will stop throwing that little phrase "He's a Packer person" around so easily. We got a reformed drunk, a few guys who smoked weed and now jailbird Nick..........

Still tame by NFL standards.

BTW, I wonder want a "Bengal person" is?

Rastak
06-17-2007, 07:05 PM

Still tame by NFL standards.

BTW, I wonder want a "Bengal person" is?

Think Lawrence Phillips.....

packers11
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
err picture doesnt work... mugshot on packersnews.com

GBRulz
06-17-2007, 08:37 PM
This nightclub, Wet is known for having problems, arrests, fights, etc. I thought they were getting their liquor license taken away, but I guess not.

BooHoo
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
What is he doing at a bar at that time of day anyway? It is too risky. To many bad things happen late at night. Go home early or take your party someplace else.

GBRulz
06-17-2007, 08:48 PM
What is he doing at a bar at that time of day anyway? It is too risky. To many bad things happen late at night. Go home early or take your party someplace else.

Well, our bars are open until 2:30, going home early makes you "old" j/k :alc:

BooHoo
06-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I am retired rat for a reason! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GBRulz
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
haha! Hurry and post again, you're at 666 for a post count!

BooHoo
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
haha! Hurry and post again, you're at 666 for a post count!

Yes, that is a bad number.

packinpatland
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Was he 'moonlighting' as a bouncer?

pbmax
06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I think Nick should just shy away from nightclubs, owning or patronizing. Perhaps Dinner Theatre instead...? :lol:

Partial
06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
APPLETON, Wis. (AP) -- Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was arrested early Sunday morning after a disturbance at a downtown establishment, police said.

Barnett, 26, was taken into custody for battery after allegedly being involved in a physical altercation about 2 a.m. at the Wet nightclub, according to a police statement. He was taken to Outagamie County Jail in Appleton and released within an hour after posting a $500 cash bond.

Barnett appeared for a charity softball event later Sunday, participating in a preliminary game involving Packers players and sponsors. But he left the field before the regular game and didn't return.

He was unavailable for comment.

In a statement issued after the game, the team said, "We are aware of the incident in Appleton involving Nick Barnett. The Packers organization is going to defer further comment until we have had a chance to speak with Nick and gather more facts."

Barnett is in his fifth year with the Packers, who selected him in the first round of the NFL Draft in 2003. Barnett has been the team's starting middle linebacker since his rookie season.

The Packers rewarded Barnett with a six-year, $34.85 million contract extension in April.

His arrest comes in the midst of the Packers' organized team activities. The voluntary workouts, which started May 30, resume Monday and end Tuesday.

"It's unfortunate," said veteran long snapper Rob Davis, who played in the softball game. "Nick's a good kid. He's been a damn good player for us. I'm just going to wait until the facts come out. I'm not going to think about it."

oregonpackfan
06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Bad, bad, bad news for Barnett and for the Packers.

Another case of a young man making a bad decision while liquored up.

mmmdk
06-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Bad, bad, bad news for Barnett and for the Packers.

Another case of a young man making a bad decision while liquored up.

I can stand people that cannot hold their liqour - STOP DRINKING THEN. Jerk (Barnett and other drunks)! Having some beer and some fun never hurt anyone though.

GBRulz
06-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Our local NBC station reported that the incident involved Barnett shoving a girl at the nightclub. They then tried going to his house yesterday but nobody came to the door. Also tried calling his agent, who had no comment.

I will reserve my judgment until the facts come out about what happened.

wist43
06-18-2007, 07:59 AM
The guy's a knob... always has been.

I'd imagine this will blow over w/o ramification, but the guy is still an immature knob.

GrnBay007
06-18-2007, 08:01 AM
The guy's a knob... always has been.

I'd imagine this will blow over w/o ramification, but the guy is still an immature knob.

I thought maybe it was you that posted his bond Wist. :P

Fritz
06-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Nightclubs and stiripclubs after midnight are factors in about 90% of the problems with players in the NFL (and maybe a lot of people's problems).

Stay away from those places after midnight. You turn into an abusive pumpkin after that.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Stupid ass Barnett!!!

What the hell is his problem? Regardless of if he did it or not he needs to understnad the team made a huge investment in him and he needs to watch his ass. Being out at 2am aint smart.

Carolina_Packer
06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
It's not an excuse, certainly, but a reason. If you're drinking and past reason and are a big dude like Barnett, it's too late. He needed to game plan before he set foot in there. If he must go to places like that, don't drink and become agitated. Otherwise, hell, you're rich, just rent out a boat...wait, that didn't work too well for the Vikings...ok, just stay home and watch TV Land.

The Leaper
06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sure Barnett's bathroom at home is more luxurious than whatever this dive was. He needs to learn to stay home and just hang out with friends...the alcohol is cheaper, there are fewer assholes hanging around and the cops aren't nearly as likely to get involved.

Anyone with the $$$ and fame of Barnett should not be hanging out at any NE WI club after midnight. It is one thing to hang out in a VIP booth at a place that caters to celebrities (i.e. looks out for them) but it is quite another to hang out in some middle class club. There are too many idiots in the world looking to start a fight or make a name for themselves at those places...especially at that hour.

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, you guys sound like a buncha bible thumpin little girl scouts. Its not like Barnett was at a high school graduation party. (chumura)
He is a young guy yet, of coarse he is going to go out and have fun on the weekends. Believe it or not, some of the most fun a young guy can have, happens after midnight, and sometimes, a guy does not have to look for trouble, it will find you. Thats no reason to hide at home, like some suggest he should do.
Until the full story comes out, there is no need to be callin Barnett any kind of names, or to be lookin down your noses at him. Take your hangin rope down and put it away.

Tarlam!
06-18-2007, 11:51 AM
He is a young guy yet, of coarse he is going to go out and have fun on the weekends. Believe it or not, some of the most fun a young guy can have happens after midnight, and sometimes, a guy does not have to look for trouble, it will find you.

No doubt you're right. But the problem is if he is found guilty of a crime, he faces NFL sanctions, which can't be good for our team.

The job specifation of NFL players now has "role model" in bold font. Young guy or not, times have changed.

The Leaper
06-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Thats no reason to hide at home, like some suggest he should do.

He doesn't have to hideout at home. However, it isn't in his best interest to be hanging out at clubs at 2am surrounded by people with far less to lose if things get heated.

How much fun is it really worth at 2am in a ratty club when you have a multi-million dollar contract on the line? Sure, an average Joe has nothing to lose going out clubbing...and probably has more reason to go out and get plastered anyway. Barnett has a lot to lose if he makes just one bad mistake. It just isn't worth it when he has the resources and options available to him that most others do not.

Unlike you, Barnett's pay scale and fame bring about a certain amount of responsibility...to his team and his community. With that in mind, it isn't a good idea for him to be clubbing at 2am...especially in a location where it is easy for someone with little to lose to pick a fight with him.

There is no reason why he can't have fun...but he shouldn't throw common sense out the door to do so.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, you guys sound like a buncha bible thumpin little girl scouts. Its not like Barnett was at a high school graduation party. (chumura)
He is a young guy yet, of coarse he is going to go out and have fun on the weekends. Believe it or not, some of the most fun a young guy can have, happens after midnight, and sometimes, a guy does not have to look for trouble, it will find you. Thats no reason to hide at home, like some suggest he should do.
Until the full story comes out, there is no need to be callin Barnett any kind of names, or to be lookin down your noses at him. Take your hangin rope down and put it away.I'm starting to wonder if you know shit about anything with those weak ass lil bitch comments. This isn't about him not having fun. It is about common sense and responsibility. Just about everyone on this thread who is bashing him for this was also saying TT needed to show him the money. Now that Barnett got his big contract he owes it to the team, his family, and mostly himself to keep his ass on the field.

The Commish has shown that he isn't gonna take any shit from troublemakers. The last thing the Barnett or the team needs is him getting suspended. All the good vibes the defense is giving off would be shot if it's every down MLB was not allowed to play.

IMO Barnett has now has a reputation as someone who can be coaxed into a fight. Any chump who wants to make a name for himself or sue knows if he gets Barnett pissed off he will fight.

Besides, he is 26, not like he is some damn rookie that hasn't got a chance to party.

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm starting to wonder if you know shit about anything with those weak ass lil bitch comments.

Besides, he is 26, not like he is some damn rookie that hasn't got a chance to party.

:cat: Pick up your skirt and wipe your vergina taco john. For all you know Barnett may simply have been defending himself. Until the whole story comes out quit your cryin.

Zool
06-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm starting to wonder if you know shit about anything with those weak ass lil bitch comments.

:cat: Pick up your skirt and wipe your vergina taco john. For all you know Barnett may simply have been defending himself. Until the whole story comes out quit your cryin.Against a girl? Tough guy.

Patler
06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
It's all about accepting responsibilities. Being an adult. Knowing the ramifications of your actions on those who rely on you.

Barnett has been paid a huge amount of money, and in return he OWES the team and his teammates his undivided and uncompromised efforts. If he wants the money, he may have to give up some of the freedom to do whatever he pleases.

The defense needs a leader, and Barnett is showing that it isn't him. He's been around long enough to know better. If he were in his first or second year, I would be more forgiving.

...and at a time when the NFL has announced a crack down on behaviour. How stupid can a guy be? Any little incident this summer, in view of the crackdown, is likely to generate significant negative publicity.

No matter what comes of this, putting himself in that situation was really ill-advised.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 12:53 PM

:cat: Pick up your skirt and wipe your vergina taco john. For all you know Barnett may simply have been defending himself. Until the whole story comes out quit your cryin.Is that the best you can do? :lol:

I'm not saying he is guilty or not but like I SAID it doesn't matter. The NFL COMMISH is laying the smackdown to players that step out of line, convicted or not (Pacman). I honestly don't give a damn if Barnett kicks someone ass, in fact good for him cuz it was probably some big mouth like you. But when it might cost the Pack a important player on a defense that is gelling oh so nicely I have a big problem with it.

Who the hell is Taco John? I only have Juan's tacos around here.

Partial
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Guilty by affiliation.

Bottom line is dude is making 36 million dollars to play ball and stay out of trouble. Regardless whether he started it or not, his name will be dragged through the dirt.

He could have simply blew off the situation saying "whatever man" and left.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
He could have simply blew off the situation saying "whatever man" and left.I wonder if he rolls with bodyguards. If he does they should all be fired for letting it get out of hand.

Carolina_Packer
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
>>Pick up your skirt and wipe your vergina taco john. For all you know Barnett may simply have been defending himself. Until the whole story comes out quit your cryin.<<

Nice! What a class act you are. I don't think it makes one "Bible Thumpin'" to be talking about how someone should conduct themselves off the field. I would venture to say that most people here only care how it affects the team and the team only. Like others have stated in some way, shape or form, if he gets nailed because of the new landcape for the NFL and has to lose games, that's very anti-team, after having been given a huge contract extension.

Sure, nobody is perfect, and he may not have done anything as you indicate in your wait and see approach. As far as justice and due process goes, I'm with you. As far as conduct policy and crackdowns from the league goes, I think he was a moron for being in the middle of this. Why even put yourself in a position to be implicated? Dumb! Even if he was protecting a stripper from the unwanted advances of a drunken customer, the fact is, to whom much is given, much is expected (or was that too Biblical for you? :-)

packinpatland
06-18-2007, 01:00 PM
What is included in players contracts now? Are there clauses that deal with arrests? Are there degrees severity of getting in trouble legally?
I know the commissioner is coming down hard, I was just wondering if any of this is actually spelled out in their contracts.

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I have been looking for a report that gives more details about this little incident, and so far, I have found nothing. I have seen stories about other NFL players involving pitbulls, stories involving drive-by shootings, but nothing explaining anything more about Barnett being arrested for battery.

Again, to those of you who whine about Barnett being an idiot for putting himself in this situation, you may very well be making a big deal out of nothing, because you just dont know yet. For any of you to say that Nick Barnett should not be going out to night clubs at late hours is preposterous. So he is a member of the GB Packers and he makes a lot of money...........he is not dead. He deserves to go out and have a good time with friends, just as much as anyone else.

If it comes out that Barnett was instigating a fight, then fine, go ahead and badmouth him all you want. I have been in plenty of bar fights myself, and never once have I started any of them. There is always that chance that some drunk will want to test himself against a big guy like Barnett. But there is also always a chance that he could get into a car accident at any time.........should he stop driving just because his team is counting on him? Hell, he may just hook up with a woman with a STD, should he stop having sex because he makes millions of dollars playing for a professional football team?

I understand that we are not getting much for football news lately, but lets not go blowing things out of proportion. Wait for the entire story to come out and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Partial
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Barnett likely has an entourage to avoid situations like this. If somebody tries to jump him, he shouldn't fight back. He should flee the scene and avoid the situation.

wist43
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
PB,

I think the overall point in being critical of Barnett, or any athlete in these situations, is that it is, IN FACT, stupid to put yourself in the same zip code as this type of potential trouble.

All it would take is some yahoo trying to start something, then claiming he was assaulted... headlines, lawsuits, etc. It's not smart.

That said, from the first interview I saw with the guy 5 years ago, Barnett struck me as being of limited intelligence - he's simply not a very bright guy; so, this type of incident doesn't surprise me. Nor would it suprise me if we more of these types of incidents out of Barnett.

It's one thing to make a mistake, or to actually be at the wrong place at the wrong time; but, if you're in "club moron" late into the evening - no good can come of it... it's stupid to put yourself in that situation.

Patler
06-18-2007, 02:58 PM
PB,

I think the overall point in being critical of Barnett, or any athlete in these situations, is that it is, IN FACT, stupid to put yourself in the same zip code as this type of potential trouble.

All it would take is some yahoo trying to start something, then claiming he was assaulted... headlines, lawsuits, etc. It's not smart.

I agree completely with this much of Wist's comment. The simple reality is that in some establishments a local football player is a hero, an honored guest. In others he will be a target. More importantly, the later it becomes, the character of many bars change.

He was arrested. There was a reason for the arrest. It was 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning at a place that had its liquor license pulled because of fights in the past. It was a dumb place to be at that time, even if he was not the instigator. He needs to avoid situations that can draw him in to things that "are not his fault".

But, a lot of athletes want the close personal adulation they get in places like that. If they are adamant in showing they are "tough" without the good sense to walk away, they can get dragged in to things.

Carolina_Packer
06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
to add to what Wist said...stupidity is accelerated by alchohol consumption

Packer Blues...you are right when it comes to an average citizen. Like it or not, there definitely is a double standard when it comes to athletes and personal conduct. That may not be fair, but then if that's the price for receiving large sums of money for playing a sport, then so be it. You can be as cavalier as you want to be and fly in the face of the double standard, but it doesn't make the double standard disappear. When you give an athlete milllions to play for your team and have a league that seems bent on personal conduct, then it's up to that athlete to live within that standard, whether or not it's fair. Hell, I could argue that it's not fair that college football coaches earn more money than research scientists at leading universities, because it could be argued that the research scientist provide more value to the world, if not entertainment value. But again, this is the double standard (among many) that we live with. The key is that you have the smarts to know how to live with them and not be a ignoramus like Pacman. We'll see what happens with Barnett. From a fan's perspective, I hope he doesn't hurt the team by being suspended. You can't downplay the risk he took by putting himself in the position that he did. He may have the right to do this, that and the other thing, but like it or not, he is held to a different standard, especially with the new conduct policies.

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 04:31 PM
OK, fine, lets preach doom and gloom. Worse case scenario.

Barnett gets suspended for four games, and we have to watch Hodge learn how to play in coverage. :shock:

Next, Barnett looks at the four game suspension as a chance to hang out with Koren Robinson. :alc: They fly down to Atlanta, Pick up Micheal Vick and Pacman Jones :satan:. The four of them go to Vicks house to do some betting on a dog fight that Vick has set up :drma: . While they are there, they have a few beers :glug: , slap a few women around :smack: , smoke some weed, :smk: and have a grand old time :rock: . Until the cops show up :whaa: . Then, they all hop into a car and put Koren Robinson behind the wheel, and they let Pacman ride "shotgun" :crazy: . You can just imagine what would happen from there..... :shtf:

Lighten up guys.....at least wait for the story to come out in full. :mrgreen:

packinpatland
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Isn't $500 a low bail amount?

MJZiggy
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
OK, PB, I'll give you that was cute. Nice use of emoticons, but here's my question. Which one of you new dads could have gotten away with being at a bar with a reputation at 2 a.m. when you have a baby at home that is just a few months old??? Especially if being there could cause trouble in your high-paying, high profile job?

oregonpackfan
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
OK, PB, I'll give you that was cute. Nice use of emoticons, but here's my question. Which one of you new dads could have gotten away with being at a bar with a reputation at 2 a.m. when you have a baby at home that is just a few months old??? Especially if being there could cause trouble in your high-paying, high profile job?

Good point, MJZiggy!

If I had done that, my ears would be ringing from both my wife's, father's, and mother's ear's! I am sure a number of my siblings would be calling long distance to give me more earfuls! :roll:

GBRulz
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
DA could get reports on Barnett incident Tuesday or Wednesday

Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

APPLETON — Police expect to complete reports soon on a weekend altercation in which Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett allegedly pushed a woman to the ground after an argument.

Sgt. Pat DeWall said the large number of officers involved with statements — more than a dozen — caused the delay.

But he said officers expect to send the reports to the Outagamie County district attorney’s office for review Tuesday or Wednesday.

Barnett, 26, was arrested after a disturbance early Sunday at a downtown Appleton tavern. He was booked into the Outagamie County Jail on a battery charge and released about an hour later after posting a $500 cash bond.

According to a police statement, Barnett was involved in a fight about 2 a.m. at the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave.

The woman Barnett allegedly pushed to the ground inside the nightclub did not require medical attention. He apparently knew the woman, but the incident is not considered a domestic abuse case, DeWall said.

He said an officer working the downtown entertainment district saw Barnett outside the club, arguing with a woman who was identified as a co-owner of the club.

DeWall said that altercation was verbal, and apparently followed the incident inside.

“We’re not really sure yet what brought on the altercation” involving the woman being shoved, he said. “(The officers) figured they had enough for a simple battery (charge.)”

He said he is not sure how long it will take prosecutors to consider charges once police reports are filed.

DeWall said he had several calls from the media today , but said they were limited mainly to Wisconsin news organizations and The Associated Press.

Barnett was a first-round pick of the Packers in the 2003 draft. He is starting his fifth season with the Packers, and recently signed a six-year, $35 million contract.

He had been involved in a controversy over a nightclub he owned, the FiveSix Ultra Lounge in Green Bay. That club closed earlier this year after it temporarily lost its liquor license because of numerous police calls.

Joemailman
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM

Barnett gets suspended for four games, and we have to watch Hodge learn how to play in coverage. :shock:

Next, Barnett looks at the four game suspension as a chance to hang out with Koren Robinson. :alc: They fly down to Atlanta, Pick up Micheal Vick and Pacman Jones :satan:. The four of them go to Vicks house to do some betting on a dog fight that Vick has set up :drma: . While they are there, they have a few beers :glug: , slap a few women around :smack: , smoke some weed, :smk: and have a grand old time :rock: . Until the cops show up :whaa: . Then, they all hop into a car and put Koren Robinson behind the wheel, and they let Pacman ride "shotgun" :crazy: . You can just imagine what would happen from there..... :shtf:

They then drive to the marina and hop on Fred Smoot's boat... :five:

Bretsky
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM

You should win an award for a post like this with all the emoticons. Nice Job

Hail

:knll:

Joemailman
06-18-2007, 06:24 PM

I once worked with a guy who was working night shift and was charged with soliciting a prostitute during his meal break. He was married with 3 kids. It was the night before Mothers Day... :smack:

Bretsky
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM

I once worked with a guy who was working night shift and was charged with soliciting a prostitute during his meal break. He was married with 3 kids. It was the night before Mothers Day... :smack:

Those dang gov postal workers :lol: :wink:

MJZiggy
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM

How long did that divorce take?

4and12to12and4
06-18-2007, 06:51 PM
We all need to lighten up on Nicholas. Big friggin' deal. He was out late partying. That's a friggin crime now? For all of you that say he should be home at that time, that is ridiculous. He's a star, he has money, and he's enjoying his life. He shouldn't have gotten into the altercation, but we don't know whether he started it or not. Football players have egos and a ton of testosterone. It's normal for a 26 year old with a great deal of fame and money to be out chillin' with his boys after midnight. If it's so bad to be out that late, then the bars should close earlier. This is going to dissappear quickly and I doubt that any suspension will be given. Probably just a fine. Quit being hypocrites. You've all never gotten in trouble at a bar before? I have. Liquor makes people do stupid things and say stupid things. Leave the guy alone, he's a very good LB, and showed toughness playing hurt last year. How about sticking up for our own, instead of bashing them every time something negative happens.

retailguy
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM

Postal workers working the NIGHT SHIFT? Huh? :shock: :P

Joemailman
06-18-2007, 07:36 PM

Postal workers working the NIGHT SHIFT? Huh? :shock: :P

It was before I worked for the Post Office. Night shift of the Computer Department at a bank.

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 07:54 PM
he's a very good LB, and showed toughness playing hurt last year. How about sticking up for our own, instead of bashing them every time something negative happens.
To you and Packerblues:

This is exactly WHY everyone is concerned about this. If it was Hodge I wouldn't give shit but this is the Packers starting MLB who just got a fat ass contract! You actually think he isn't pissed off at himself today??

BTW - I don't think any is saying he shouldn't party, just that he should do it right. How hard would it have been to move the party to his house or a hotel? I just don't want him getting in trouble because he is a good player and for the most part appears to be a good guy.

Kiwon
06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow, you guys sound like a buncha bible thumpin little girl scouts.

If you're a season ticket holder please provide your section and seat number so that the Bible-thumping girl scouts can meet you in person. :mrgreen:

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 08:36 PM

If you're a season ticket holder please provide your section and seat number so that the Bible-thumping girl scouts can meet you in person. :mrgreen:

Anyone wanting to meet me in person can usually find me at Dayton Hills Tavern in Richland Center, shooting pool any given friday or saturday night. If I am there at all, I will be on the pool table closest to the bar. 6' tall, 220 lb guy with a shaved head and a goatee, cant miss me. Feel free to stop in and say hello if you find yourself in the area.

BallHawk
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
shaved head and a goatee, cant miss me.

Shaved head or balding and wanting to get it over with? :wink: :?:

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Stop by and find out. :taunt:

Packnut
06-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Man, you guys defending Barnett should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't push/hit/shove a woman no matter what the freaking circumstance. There is NO EXCUSE for what he did PERIOD!

BallHawk
06-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Isn't $500 a low bail amount?

Thank God Wist wasn't setting bail.....

Wist: Mr. Barnett I am setting bail at 20 million dollars.

Barnett: What? Why?

Wist: Because you can't cover a goddamn tight end, that's why.

falco
06-18-2007, 08:56 PM

Anyone wanting to meet me in person can usually find me at Dayton Hills Tavern in Richland Center, shooting pool any given friday or saturday night. If I am there at all, I will be on the pool table closest to the bar. 6' tall, 220 lb guy with a shaved head and a goatee, cant miss me. Feel free to stop in and say hello if you find yourself in the area.

good old internet. everyone can be superman.

BallHawk
06-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Stop by and find out. :taunt:

I'll send my posse over to scout you out. :D

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Man, you guys defending Barnett should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't push/hit/shove a woman no matter what the freaking circumstance. There is NO EXCUSE for what he did PERIOD!

No, there is NO EXCUSE to push/hit/shove a LADY. Years ago, I was playing pool in a bar in Baraboo Wisconsin. The guy I was playing against was playing slop, and we traded comments. After I beat him, I went over and sat at the bar, had a beer and a ciggerette, and ordered another drink. I heard the guy from the table yell something, and when I turned around, he unloaded his mug in my face, soaking me in beer (tap beer no less, gross!), then he whipped his beer mug at me like a football from no more than 5 feet away, hitting me square in the chin. I thought it was a little uncalled for, so I let him know by wrapping my hands around his throat and then I proceeded to choke the shit out of him. After the rest of the bar managed to pull me off of him, I motioned for him to follow me outside to finish what he had started. While he did the smart thing, and hid behind a group of people, his overly large girlfriend came outside and started getting in my face.....and started to try to push and shove me. I was a gentleman, and simply grabbed her hand and let her know that I did not consider her to be a lady, and therefor I would lay her out if she touched me again.
If she would have tried shoving me again, I dont know that I would have hit her, but I cant say that I wouldnt have either. You just never know until you find yourself in a situation like that. I had no intention of fighting over a pool game, I play for fun.
Thing is, you dont know what the situation was with Barnett either, so dont go taking the high road, you have no reason to yet.

Packnut
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM

No, there is NO EXCUSE to push/hit/shove a LADY. Years ago, I was playing pool in a bar in Baraboo Wisconsin. The guy I was playing against was playing slop, and we traded comments. After I beat him, I went over and sat at the bar, had a beer and a ciggerette, and ordered another drink. I heard the guy from the table yell something, and when I turned around, he unloaded his mug in my face, soaking me in beer (tap beer no less, gross!), then he whipped his beer mug at me like a football from no more than 5 feet away, hitting me square in the chin. I thought it was a little uncalled for, so I let him know by wrapping my hands around his throat and then I proceeded to choke the shit out of him. After the rest of the bar managed to pull me off of him, I motioned for him to follow me outside to finish what he had started. While he did the smart thing, and hid behind a group of people, his overly large girlfriend came outside and started getting in my face.....and started to try to push and shove me. I was a gentleman, and simply grabbed her hand and let her know that I did not consider her to be a lady, and therefor I would lay her out if she touched me again.
If she would have tried shoving me again, I dont know that I would have hit her, but I cant say that I wouldnt have either. You just never know until you find yourself in a situation like that. I had no intention of fighting over a pool game, I play for fun.
Thing is, you dont know what the situation was with Barnett either, so dont go taking the high road, you have no reason to yet.

Sorry, I was'nt raised that way. You can always WALK AWAY from a woman. I've been hit, slapped and spit on. 1st wife threw a frying pan at my head. In each situation I walked away even though all I wanted to do was strike back. Like I said, no excuse what-so-ever to get physical with a woman, unless sex is involved. :lol:

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 09:25 PM
[

good old internet. everyone can be superman.

Oh come on now Falco, I am pretty sure everyone here is just playin around. Otherwise, I wouldnt have bothered to tell ya all where I hang out on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm not the least bit concerned that anyone here would go out of their way just to find trouble.

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry, I was'nt raised that way. You can always WALK AWAY from a woman. I've been hit, slapped and spit on. 1st wife threw a frying pan at my head. In each situation I walked away even though all I wanted to do was strike back. Like I said, no excuse what-so-ever to get physical with a woman, unless sex is involved. :lol:

I was not raised that way either, hence the part where I said that I did not lay the bitch out. However, I was soaked in cheap beer, had a purple chin, and bruises all over my neck and arms from people trying to pull me off of the cheap shot taking wussy that played slop. I was in no mood whatsoever to have some fat, ugly, jerry springer bitch lay her hands on me while yelling in my face about how her boy friend could kick my ass.........while he hid behind a group of people. I was seeing red in a bad way.
I am simply saying, that in certain situations, you never know what you might do.

Carolina_Packer
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I'll agree to disagree with you on this one PB. That would suck to have a beer mug thrown at you, and you did well not to hit that woman, but self-control is just that SELF control; not me saying, ah it's the beer, it's someone hassling me, excuse, excuse, blah, blah. If someone is using drunkenness as an excuse for getting confrontational, then they just don't get it.

There's no excuse for violence against a woman, especially if you're a big dude like Barnett. We better be finding out that he was being assaulted and was defending himself, which may begin to explain his "reaction" (if it was one). When a night ends with battery against a woman, it's not just a guy going out and having some beers and a good time. I think many of us go out and have a few. Do most of your drinking nights end up with you battering a woman? Barnett is not a schmoe, he's a highly paid player who should know better. He seemed to get it, given his comments after he closed his club. This was a very dumb mistake, not just a boy being a boy.

oregonpackfan
06-18-2007, 10:15 PM

PackerBlues,

Come out to Oregon and I'll arrange for Tonya Harding to clean your clock! How well can you dodge hubcaps? :)

PackerBlues
06-18-2007, 10:42 PM
I saw the porn video of Tanya on the internet, she can clean my........oh....."clock".......I thought you said...........nevermind. :D

GBRulz
06-19-2007, 08:36 AM

Actually, he splits custody with the Mom of his baby. In fact, he's been trying to get full custody and spend more time with her.

I'm trying to get some "inside" info on this and all I've heard from my friend (who is friends with Barnetts 22 year old gf) is that the nightclub co-owner was drunk, harassing Barnett and his gf and that it was self-defense. Again, I will withhold judgment until the facts come out.

packrulz
06-19-2007, 01:50 PM
It sounds like nobody called the cops, they just walked up and discovered an argument Nick was involved in. He shouldn't have pushed a woman though, and I've never been arrested but I doubt I'd smile for the mug shot. I get the impression Nick likes the limelight, it's ok to go out and have a few brews but he shouldn't act like a knob either.

Sailing troubled waters
Barnett's arrest might draw NFL penalty
By LORI NICKEL
lnickel@journalsentinel.com
Posted: June 18, 2007
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett might have picked the worst time to find himself in trouble.

The fourth-year veteran was arrested Sunday morning in Appleton on battery charges and posted $500 bond. He was not at practice on Monday or available for comment.

The Packers are not only upset about the incident, they are concerned about the consequences. On the day that Barnett signed his six-year, $34.85 million contract extension with the Packers on April 10, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell disclosed his new, tougher conduct policy.

So now Barnett will have to wait for his case to go through the Outagamie County court and see whether he faces additional punishment from the NFL for conduct detrimental to the league's image.

"Obviously we're not looking for our players or any employee of the Green Bay Packers to be involved in that type of situation," coach Mike McCarthy said.

Though the police report was not yet available Monday, more details have emerged from the incident at the Wet nightclub on College Ave. According to Appleton police Sgt. Pat DeWall, two foot patrol officers on duty at 2 a.m. Sunday came upon two people arguing outside the club. One was Barnett but the other has not yet been identified. There, the police uncovered another incident involving Barnett.

"The officers had learned that earlier a disturbance had occurred inside where Mr. Barnett had pushed down a female inside the bar," DeWall said. "Based upon that information, some witnesses and information we obtained from the victim, we arrested him for battery."

The confrontation created a stir in the entertainment district of Appleton, so about a dozen officers arrived at the scene to control the crowd.

Initially, Appleton police said they thought Barnett was arguing with the club's owner. But the owner, Kathy Peotter, denied that, saying she was working and bartending when she saw Barnett exit Wet. It is not clear with whom Barnett was arguing outside the club, but Peotter said Barnett looked unhappy when he left.

Peotter said several Packers were at her club Thursday, Friday and Saturday and she knew Barnett somewhat.

"He's always been a gentleman. I've never seen him drunk or crazy," Peotter said.

Barnett was placed in Outagamie County Jail, where he posted bond about an hour later and was released.

Barnett showed up at the Brett Favre Celebrity Softball game Sunday and played in a preliminary game with sponsors, but then left before the game between Packers players.

McCarthy clearly wasn't amused by the incident, but used it as a reminder to address his team Monday morning during voluntary team workouts.

"First of all, you need to avoid that type of environment," McCarthy said. "And when you're in that type of situation, you need to defuse it. We'll continue to talk about those things with our football team."

McCarthy acknowledged the possibility that the NFL would discipline Barnett on its own but as of Monday had not heard from the league.

"There are two sides to every story and I have listened to his side," McCarthy said. "And we'll let the process take its course. It was only one (problematic episode) but I am not going to sit here and justify one incident because it shouldn't happen. We need to learn from it so it doesn't happen again."

Barnett's arrest happened just days after the NFL brought in officials for its annual, mandatory meeting to address the Packers on conduct.

"Stay out of trouble" was the message, cornerback Patrick Dendy said.

In light of high-profile criminal incidents involving NFL players in the last year, from Pacman Jones (assault charges, vandalism, disorderly conduct, public intoxication), Chris Henry (drug and alcohol abuse, firearm possession, speeding tickets) and Tank Johnson (gun charges), Goodell has tried to set tougher conduct policies.

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches and staff," Goodell said in April. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League."

Since Barnett was drafted in the first round by the Packers in 2003, he has been the starting middling linebacker, leading the team in tackles every year until A.J. Hawk surpassed him in 2006. Barnett was chosen as a Pro Bowl alternate last year and has been routinely regarded as one of the team's most consistent and reliable on-field producers.

Barnett is not new to the club scene. A music fan and amateur DJ, he opened and operated his own club, Five Six Ultra Lounge, in Green Bay in 2005. But after about eight months the Green Bay City Council voted not to renew Barnett's liquor license in May 2006, citing a number of disturbances there. The only one involving Barnett was a citation for jaywalking.

After a bitter fight with the city council last spring after it pulled his liquor license for a month, the city council and the police department came under fire for its dealings with Barnett and eventually Mayor Jim Schmitt urged city council to restore Barnett's license, which it did.

Still, Barnett put the club up for sale and said during the 2006 football season that he wanted to focus on his playing career.

Don Walker of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report from Appleton.

woodbuck27
06-19-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=621198

Sailing troubled waters
Barnett's arrest might draw NFL penalty

By LORI NICKEL
lnickel@journalsentinel.com

Posted: June 18, 2007

Green Bay - Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett might have picked the worst time to find himself in trouble.

The fourth-year veteran was arrested Sunday morning in Appleton on battery charges and posted $500 bond. He was not at practice on Monday or available for comment.

The Packers are not only upset about the incident, they are concerned about the consequences. On the day that Barnett signed his six-year, $34.85 million contract extension with the Packers on April 10, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell disclosed his new, tougher conduct policy.

So now Barnett will have to wait for his case to go through the Outagamie County court and see whether he faces additional punishment from the NFL for conduct detrimental to the league's image.

"Obviously we're not looking for our players or any employee of the Green Bay Packers to be involved in that type of situation," coach Mike McCarthy said.

Though the police report was not yet available Monday, more details have emerged from the incident at the Wet nightclub on College Ave. According to Appleton police Sgt. Pat DeWall, two foot patrol officers on duty at 2 a.m. Sunday came upon two people arguing outside the club. One was Barnett but the other has not yet been identified.

There, the police uncovered another incident involving Barnett.

"The officers had learned that earlier a disturbance had occurred inside where Mr. Barnett had pushed down a female inside the bar," DeWall said. "Based upon that information, some witnesses and information we obtained from the victim, we arrested him for battery."

The confrontation created a stir in the entertainment district of Appleton, so about a dozen officers arrived at the scene to control the crowd.

Initially, Appleton police said they thought Barnett was arguing with the club's owner. But the owner, Kathy Peotter, denied that, saying she was working and bartending when she saw Barnett exit Wet. It is not clear with whom Barnett was arguing outside the club, but Peotter said Barnett looked unhappy when he left.

Peotter said several Packers were at her club Thursday, Friday and Saturday and she knew Barnett somewhat.

"He's always been a gentleman. I've never seen him drunk or crazy," Peotter said.

Barnett was placed in Outagamie County Jail, where he posted bond about an hour later and was released.

Barnett showed up at the Brett Favre Celebrity Softball game Sunday and played in a preliminary game with sponsors, but then left before the game between Packers players.

McCarthy clearly wasn't amused by the incident, but used it as a reminder to address his team Monday morning during voluntary team workouts.

"First of all, you need to avoid that type of environment," McCarthy said. "And when you're in that type of situation, you need to defuse it. We'll continue to talk about those things with our football team."

McCarthy acknowledged the possibility that the NFL would discipline Barnett on its own but as of Monday had not heard from the league.

"There are two sides to every story and I have listened to his side," McCarthy said. "And we'll let the process take its course. It was only one (problematic episode) but I am not going to sit here and justify one incident because it shouldn't happen. We need to learn from it so it doesn't happen again."

Barnett's arrest happened just days after the NFL brought in officials for its annual, mandatory meeting to address the Packers on conduct.

"Stay out of trouble" was the message, cornerback Patrick Dendy said.

In light of high-profile criminal incidents involving NFL players in the last year, from Pacman Jones (assault charges, vandalism, disorderly conduct, public intoxication), Chris Henry (drug and alcohol abuse, firearm possession, speeding tickets) and Tank Johnson (gun charges), Goodell has tried to set tougher conduct policies.

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches and staff," Goodell said in April. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League."

Since Barnett was drafted in the first round by the Packers in 2003, he has been the starting middling linebacker, leading the team in tackles every year until A.J. Hawk surpassed him in 2006. Barnett was chosen as a Pro Bowl alternate last year and has been routinely regarded as one of the team's most consistent and reliable on-field producers.

Barnett is not new to the club scene. A music fan and amateur DJ, he opened and operated his own club, Five Six Ultra Lounge, in Green Bay in 2005. But after about eight months the Green Bay City Council voted not to renew Barnett's liquor license in May 2006, citing a number of disturbances there. The only one involving Barnett was a citation for jaywalking.

After a bitter fight with the city council last spring after it pulled his liquor license for a month, the city council and the police department came under fire for its dealings with Barnett and eventually Mayor Jim Schmitt urged city council to restore Barnett's license, which it did.

Still, Barnett put the club up for sale and said during the 2006 football season that he wanted to focus on his playing career.

Don Walker of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report from Appleton.

woodbuck27
06-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Whoops !

Sorry packrulz. .didn't see your post just before mine.

woodbuck27
06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/PKR01/706190436/1989

Posted June 19, 2007

Notebook:

Barnett flirts with suspension from NFL

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Nick Barnett picked a bad time to get arrested for battery.

With new commissioner Roger Goodell's beefed up personal-conduct policy instituted just this spring, Barnett is flirting with a potential suspension after his arrest early Sunday in Appleton for allegedly pushing a woman to the ground after an argument in front of a nightclub.

The Packers don't know whether Barnett will be fined or perhaps suspended, because the new policy has been in place for only a short time.

So far, Goodell has used it only to punish players with multiple arrests: Tennessee's Adam "Pacman" Jones is suspended for the season, and Chicago's Tank Williams and Cincinnati's Chris Henry are suspended for eight games.

Goodell has not yet set a precedent for players arrested for the first time. But Goodell put the policy in place because of the spate of arrests of league players over the past couple of years, and the bad publicity that accompanies those transgressions.

So, Goodell might choose to suspend even first-time offenders for a game or two to send a message to all players. Goodell could instead fine Barnett or do nothing.

"(Some kind of NFL discipline) is a possibility," coach Mike McCarthy said Monday.

"Everybody knows the emphasis that's going on at this time, and we'll just watch it closely."

McCarthy said he's discussed the incident with Barnett.

He wouldn't comment on their conversation but obviously was upset that Barnett was in position to be arrested regardless of what happened.

The last Packers player arrested was former cornerback Ahmad Carroll in February 2006 for an altercation in a bar in Arkansas.

"I'm not going to sit here and justify one incident, because it shouldn't happen," McCarthy said.

"Those things should not happen, and we need to learn from it, so it doesn't happen again."

Because of the large number of arrests of NFL players this offseason, McCarthy said he has talked regularly to his players about avoiding potential problems when they're in public.

"(This is) part of the lifestyle of being an NFL football player, and they've got to be smart out there," McCarthy said.

"First of all, you need to avoid that type of environment, and when you're in that type of situation, you need to defuse it. We'll continue to talk about those things with our football team."

HarveyWallbangers
06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Nightclub owner says Barnett incident ‘has been blown out of proportion’

APPLETON — A woman threw a drink at Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett shortly before he was arrested last weekend for allegedly shoving a woman at a downtown nightclub, one of the establishment’s co-owners said Thursday.

The co-owner, Kathy Peotter, also said she was not arguing with Barnett when police arrived at the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave., and subsequently arrested him on a misdemeanor battery charge.

“I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion,” Peotter said. “I’m not going to say Nick was on his best behavior that night, because he wasn’t, but this is getting blown way out of proportion.”

Peotter said Barnett has been coming into the club for months, and that there were more Packers than usual at Wet, 344 W. College Ave., because of Sunday’s Brett Favre charity softball game at Fox Cities Stadium. She said there were probably a half dozen Packers in the club that night, at least two of them with their wives.

“They just want to be left alone,” she said.

Peotter said two women who were trying to get an autograph from another player, who was at the club with his wife, swore at the player. Another fan grabbed Barnett’s arm and asked for an autograph, she said.

One of the bartenders told Peotter that a woman threw a drink at Barnett shortly before a woman was shoved or fell to the ground. Peotter said it wasn’t clear if it was the same woman involved in both incidents.

Barnett, 26, was jailed briefly early Sunday after the incident at the club, and Appleton police Sgt. Pat DeWall said Thursday that officers investigating the case still are conducting witness interviews. He said the department hopes reports can be sent to Outagamie County District Attorney Carrie Schneider’s office early next week.

Schneider said it will be a week or more after she receives the report from police before she decides whether to charge Barnett.

“That’s if I need additional follow-up and need to talk to witnesses any more,” Schneider said.

Packers public relations director Jeff Blumb said the team would decline comment on the issue other than the extensive comments Packers coach Mike McCarthy made earlier in the week.

“I don’t know if there is much we can say that he hasn’t said anyway,” Blumb said.

McCarthy said he has discussed the incident with Barnett. The team is concerned because of the NFL’s new, stringent personal-conduct policy that allows the commissioner to suspend players for a wide range of illegal or untoward behavior off the field.

“I’m not going to sit here and go through the specifics of the incident,” McCarthy said Monday. “But there’s two sides to every story. I’ve listened to his side and we’ll let the process take its course.”

MadtownPacker
06-21-2007, 09:46 PM
McCarthy said he has discussed the incident with Barnett. The team is concerned because of the NFL’s new, stringent personal-conduct policy that allows the commissioner to suspend players for a wide range of illegal or untoward behavior off the field.

This is all starting to sound much better but we have seen that suspension is still a concern even if he isn't charged. I think he will get by on this one but he better watch out cuz he won't get a break on the second one.

BEARMAN
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
If he gets suspended, but that jackass Mike Vick Dosen't get suspended...I'll be one pissed off biatch! :evil:

I suspose it is better to be pissed off then pissed on ... :shock:

PackerBlues
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
This is all starting to sound much better but we have seen that suspension is still a concern even if he isn't charged. I think he will get by on this one but he better watch out cuz he won't get a break on the second one.

Ya, especially if the 2nd time is like this:

:taunt:

BEARMAN
06-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Looks like you cheeseheads have PoPo problems of your own ! LMFAO ! :twisted:

4 game suspension.... more like 10 ! :shock:

Who's defence is gonna suffer more ? ROTFFLMFAO ! 8-)

Oct. 7th is looking mighty fine ! :lol:

GrnBay007
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
4 game suspension.... more like 10 ! :shock:

Hardly!!! Lets see, his 1st "criminal" (haha) offense is jaywalking....and 2nd this. Hmmmm......he looks like a saint next to Tanky boy.

oregonpackfan
06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Quick poll!

How many interceptions do you think Rex Grossman will throw on Oct. 7th?

Bearman, I will let you have the first estimate. :)

GrnBay007
06-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Quick poll!

How many interceptions do you think Rex Grossman will throw on Oct. 7th?

Bearman, I will let you have the first estimate. :)

Silly you! :P He'll be on the ground too much to throw any interceptions!!! :taunt:

MJZiggy
06-23-2007, 07:50 AM
That's assuming he isn't broken by then. The nickname Glassman fits him so well...