PDA

View Full Version : Bears Harris wants McNabb?

Rastak
06-17-2007, 07:34 PM
http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18486194&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=178120&rfi=6

By BOB GROTZ
Journal Register News Service
PHILADELPHIA - Donovan McNabb is much more respected elsewhere judging by the comments of a couple of Pro Bowl talents helping the quarterback at his All-Star Kids Football Clinic yesterday.
Like in his hometown of Chicago, for example.
Bears Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris went overboard in his praise of McNabb. Bears quarterback Rex Grossman, super sensitive about his ability, can expect to be cross-examined when the news reaches the Windy City.
"Donovan is a great guy, he's a positive guy," Harris said. "And I'd love to have him as my quarterback in Chicago.
"I know if he comes to the Chicago Bears, we can win the Super Bowl. If he comes to Chicago, we can definitely win the Super Bowl."
Bears fans might agree with Harris, who made his remarks without prompting. The Bears almost certainly would have been more competitive with a better performance at quarterback in their 29-17 Super Bowl XLI rain-soaked loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Then again, the issue with McNabb is health, for he was watching the game with an ice bag on his right knee.
Though McNabb began looking more and more like his old self in the last three practices of minicamp, the reality is despite all of his talents, he's missed chunks of three of the past five seasons beacause of an assortment of injuries, most recently a torn ACL in the right knee.
St. Louis Rams Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt, after plugging the skill-set of former teammate and current Eagles pass catcher Kevin Holt, called McNabb "A Pro Bowl quarterback, a guy that easily could be an MVP in this league."
But while Holt blew off talk McNabb is staring at a make-it-or-break-it season, he tackled the obvious issue head-on.
"I don't know that it's a defining moment for him or a defining year for him," Holt said. "I just think it's a matter of him getting back on the football field and being healthy. We know when Donovan is healthy what he can do for a football team. And from what I'm hearing, just the energy of him coming back this last week off of the injury and the energy that he spread throughout the football team, it's obvious they want him as their leader.
"So, if he's healthy and he's headed in that direction I think the Eagles will be very, very, very good. And I think they have a good chance of getting back to the Super Bowl and winning one. So, in due time we'll see if he will be able to quote-unquote, get that monkey off his back and become quote-unquote that all-star quarterback that he is."
Harris and Holt joined McNabb, the Eagles' Sheldon Brown, Sean Considine and Hank Baskett, Jeff Garcia (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Chris Chambers (Miami Dolphins), Tony Richardson (Minnesota Vikings), Eddie George and Brian Mitchell, among others at the clinic.
Donte' Stallworth (New England Patriots), Michael Strahan (Giants) and Plaxico Burress didn't make it. Eagles head coach Andy Reid also sat it out.
McNabb's father Sam addressed the youth and No. 5 visited with groups of campers throughout the afternoon.

Brando19
06-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Them damn Bears could be a good team, but they're destined to fall apart internally. :twisted:

esoxx
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Pretty dumb remarks from Harris.

MJZiggy
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
But I'm happy with them... :satan:

Merlin
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't think even McNabb could help the Bears. Even with a good QB, they don't have a lot of talent on the offensive coaching end. You know, a coach that calls plays his offense can actually run successfully?!?!?!?!?!

Grossman anyone? "I'm going deep!"

GrnBay007
06-21-2007, 06:34 PM
NFL_Czar's Blog

Big Bear fib?

Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris told his teammates on Monday that he was simply kidding around when he said friend Donovan McNabb would win a Super Bowl if he was playing in Chicago. Harris is probably right; McNabb would make a big difference in the Chicago offense.

When players get caught speaking their mind, like Harris did, they always have to face the music. Harris reportedly explained himself to Rex Grossman, Chicago’s starting quarterback. The bottom line, whether he was kidding around or not, Harris most likely was speaking the truth.

Defensive players are very much like the fans. Harris knows that Brian Urlacher and friends put the Bears in the Super Bowl. McNabb would be an upgrade over Grossman. That’s simply the facts, based on NFL experience and production to this point in their careers.