PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper to the Packers?

Brando19
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I found this on foxsports and this rumor makes me sick!:

Pro Football Talk reports that the Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper could be eyeballing the Green Bay Packers as his next NFL landing spot. If it happens, Culpepper would be a candidate to serve as the backup to starter Brett Favre, and could then be the guy to succeed Favre.

The Leaper
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
There is no way that would happen. We have Rodgers...and Culpepper still has options available with teams that could potentially use him as a starter RIGHT NOW, or at least give him a chance to be the starter in camp.

That won't happen in GB.

MJZiggy
06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Just because he's eyeballing us doesn't mean Ted's eyeballing back...

Partial
06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
There is no way that would happen. We have Rodgers...and Culpepper still has options available with teams that could potentially use him as a starter RIGHT NOW, or at least give him a chance to be the starter in camp.

That won't happen in GB.

You don't TT would start him if he beat out Brett? :D

Jimx29
06-18-2007, 03:48 PM
sure wish regular season would get here so this sort of tripe doesn't keep getting brought up by a "source" :roll:

wist43
06-18-2007, 03:49 PM
TT will never admit Rodgers isn't the 2nd coming of Joe Montana...

Besides, he's getting ready for the '08 draft... he doesn't have time to deal with free agents.

Bretsky
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM

he's in the filmroom breaking down last year's college freshman :lol:

Brando19
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
sure wish regular season would get here so this sort of tripe doesn't keep getting brought up by a "source" :roll:

Profootballtalk hates Favre and I don't know why. That site always sarcastically refers to him as Lord Favre. I hope this is the year Favre shatters some records and heads to the postseason to shut this source up.

Freak Out
06-18-2007, 05:49 PM

he's in the filmroom breaking down last year's college freshman :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hurleyfan
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Who's Culpepper :roll: :idea: :idea: :roll:

retailguy
06-18-2007, 06:12 PM

Profootballtalk hates Favre and I don't know why. That site always sarcastically refers to him as Lord Favre. I hope this is the year Favre shatters some records and heads to the postseason to shut this source up.

But you gotta admit that when they referred to him as "he who shall no longer be named" it was freakin' hilarious!

packinpatland
06-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Does Jamie Dukes work for them???

4and12to12and4
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
This is a ridiculous rumor. It will NEVER happen. The bears are also talking about him. Tommie Harris called out Grossman, and said to management that they should go after Culpepper if they have a chance to win a SuperBowl. Talk about AWKWARD clubhouse after that comment. Forget about it, he's staying put. This is a nonstory.

retailguy
06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
This is a ridiculous rumor. It will NEVER happen. The bears are also talking about him. Tommie Harris called out Grossman, and said to management that they should go after Culpepper if they have a chance to win a SuperBowl. Talk about AWKWARD clubhouse after that comment. Forget about it, he's staying put. This is a nonstory.

Whatever happens, Culpepper is NOT staying put. Miami will get rid of him, to someone, or they'll cut him.

Drafter Ted won't sign him, even if, he'll work for $7.00 per hour.

My guess is he winds up in Jacksonville...

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
HELL NO!!

Don't want him and damn sure don't need him. Let Rodgers and Martin have their chance. If they suck there will be someone out there who is better then a broken down Culpepper.

Brando19
06-18-2007, 07:47 PM

Harris wanted Mcnabb...not Culpepper. Culpepper couldn't lead a team to a SuperBowl if all he had to do was hold the extra point.

Kiwon
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Is Culpepper coming to the Packers?........to do what? Hopefully, not to play quarterback.

Charles Woodson
06-18-2007, 08:46 PM
This is comming from the same source that said the moss deal was already finished and done, right? :talk: :bs2:

Packers4Ever
06-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I found this on foxsports and this rumor makes me sick!:

Pro Football Talk reports that the Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper could be eyeballing the Green Bay Packers as his next NFL landing spot. If it happens, Culpepper would be a candidate to serve as the backup to starter Brett Favre, and could then be the guy to succeed Favre.

NO NO, puleeze tell me it's just a nasty rumor !! :doh:

:shock:

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:53 AM
It's a nasty rumor.

The Leaper
06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Is Culpepper coming to the Packers?........to do what? Hopefully, not to play quarterback.

He will be the new event coordinator...and his first plan of action is a party boat excursion down the Fox River.

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 11:34 AM

He will be the new event coordinator...and his first plan of action is a party boat excursion down the Fox River.

Oh, Good Lord. :doh:

run pMc
06-19-2007, 12:35 PM
This is a lame rumor, even for PFT.

If Culfumbler was serious about signing with GB, that would indicate that either he has no interest in being a starter, or his knee needs another year of rehab. I think he still wants to start, so maybe he figures: why not get paid to holding a clipboard and rehab the knee another year? Nah, I don't see it happening. He won't start here, and TT won't pay what he'd want.

He'll start (or at least push for a starting job) somewhere. Jacksonville is rumored to be interested, but with Leftwich and Gerrard, I don't see it. Some team with a young starter and nobody else at the #2 is more likely.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, which makes it about as worthy as this rumor.

On a side note, some folks here in MN are calling for Childress to bring him back. LOL Given how well they got along last off-season, I don't think so.

woodbuck27
06-19-2007, 01:14 PM
This is a lame rumor, even for PFT.

If Culfumbler was serious about signing with GB, that would indicate that either he has no interest in being a starter, or his knee needs another year of rehab. I think he still wants to start, so maybe he figures: why not get paid to holding a clipboard and rehab the knee another year? Nah, I don't see it happening. He won't start here, and TT won't pay what he'd want.

He'll start (or at least push for a starting job) somewhere. Jacksonville is rumored to be interested, but with Leftwich and Gerrard, I don't see it. Some team with a young starter and nobody else at the #2 is more likely.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, which makes it about as worthy as this rumor.

On a side note, some folks here in MN are calling for Childress to bring him back. LOL Given how well they got along last off-season, I don't think so.

I thought that a good fit for Culpepper was Oakland but that possibility seems to have died down.

He would be wasted (or frustrated), even at his best in Green Bay. TT is going to go the next step with Aaron Rodgers because his ego sits just there. :)