PDA

View Full Version : LaVar In Serious Condition

Partial
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
ANHAM, Md. (AP) -- Former Redskins and Giants linebacker LaVar Arrington was hospitalized with serious but not life-threatening injuries after his motorcycle crashed on a highway ramp, police said.

Arrington lost control and hit a guardrail, Maryland State Police Sgt. Russell Newell said.

Arrington, who turns 29 Wednesday, was wearing a helmet and alcohol was not involved in the accident, Newell said. Arrington was issued two citations -- one for operating the motorcycle without a proper license, and one for the crash itself.

Washington drafted Arrington No. 2 overall in 2000, and he made three Pro Bowl appearances while with the Redskins. But he injured his knee in 2004, his playing time decreased, and Arrington bought out his contract after the 2005 season.

He then joined the Giants but was injured in October and played only six games last season. New York released him in February.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

4and12to12and4
06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Man, am i glad that we didn't get him last year. So many here were pissed. He's been a disappointment since. I wish him well, but he may miss this entire year now, he's not under contract with any team right now. Talk about horrible timing to have such a serious injury. I suppose some here will now jump on the "NFL players shouldn't be allowed to ride bikes" again, like after Big Ben was almost killed. Shit happens. I just hope the best for him.

MJZiggy
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Well at least he had the good brains to have a helmet on...

MadtownPacker
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Well at least he had the good brains to have a helmet on......but too bad that's the only part of his body he doesn't really use.

The hell with a contract thing. If keep myself in one piece for my average
job. If I had mega dollars on the line I wouldn't even chance it. These guys retire in their 30s so there is plenty of time to enjoy life after the NFL.