PDA

View Full Version : Baby Girl Owners Manual

Chubbyhubby
06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I went to Barnes and Nobel on Fathers Day yesterday and came across this book entitled "Baby Girl Owners Manual" They had the baby Boy version of the book as well. I find that book essential for new dads like myself. Has anyone read that book?

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 07:40 AM
I think I wrote it. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
06-19-2007, 07:57 AM
I have a 4 year old girl. No book in the world is helping me at this age. :lol:

GrnBay007
06-19-2007, 08:02 AM

HAA! Wait till Jr. High!! DRAAAAMAAAAAA

MadtownPacker
06-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I went to Barnes and Nobel on Fathers Day yesterday and came across this book entitled "Baby Girl Owners Manual" They had the baby Boy version of the book as well. I find that book essential for new dads like myself. Has anyone read that book?
I think I saw that book too. I think the chapter on how to deal with her teenage years was informative and well illustrated. This was my fav picture:

http://www.free-template.net/3d_images/WEAPON/PISTOLS/SHOTGUN.JPG
:P

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:40 AM
One of our secrets to raising teenage daughters was having a gravel driveway. No one came in or out with making noise.
The other was having an alarm clock, set at their curfew time, they had to be there to turn it off. It worked!

Charles Woodson
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
One of our secrets to raising teenage daughters was having a gravel driveway. No one came in or out with making noise.
The other was having an alarm clock, set at their curfew time, they had to be there to turn it off. It worked!

Shit, thank God that i dont have that...

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Shit, thank God that i dont have that...

Which? A driveway, gravel, alarm clock, or daughters? :wink:

LL2
06-19-2007, 12:47 PM

That's a great idea. My daughter is only 3 weeks old so hopefully I will remember that is 15 years.

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 01:00 PM

That's a great idea. My daughter is only 3 weeks old so hopefully I will remember that is 15 years.

You're already not sleeping nights.....................get used to it!

oregonpackfan
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM

My older daughter's high school years were more of a challenge for me as a father.

I nearly hit the roof when I found out at 15 she was going out with an 18 year old. When I ended that relationship, she accused me of "Scaring off the boys."

"No" I responded. "I'm just scaring off potential statutory rapists."

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 01:44 PM

My older daughter's high school years were more of a challenge for me as a father.

I nearly hit the roof when I found out at 15 she was going out with an 18 year old. When I ended that relationship, she accused me of "Scaring off the boys."

You were able to do this without the gravel driveway? :lol:

Seriously, I bet she looks back and says (maybe not out loud) 'thank you'.

Charles Woodson
06-19-2007, 03:04 PM

eh, it depends. Was your daughter going to a large school? Alot of girls in my grade that are 15 are going out with juniors and seniors. The nice thing is that i go to a small private school so basically everyone knows each other including the parents.

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM

eh, it depends. Was your daughter going to a large school? Alot of girls in my grade that are 15 are going out with juniors and seniors. The nice thing is that i go to a small private school so basically everyone knows each other including the parents.

Knowing the parents doesn't always mean it's a good thing. Apples sometimes do fall far from the tree.

GrnBay007
06-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Oh Great!! Now I gotta move before she's in HS. :wait:

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM

Oh Great!! Now I gotta move before she's in HS. :wait:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Badgepack
06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
The biggest difference in keeping tabs on my oldest daughter and youngest is cell phones. If the youngest was late getting home, one quick phone call assured my everything was OK. That is alot better than waiting for them to get home to find out what is going on. Except for the time she was hiding from the cops and turned her phone off.

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
"Except for the time she was hiding from the cops and turned her phone off."

How long was she grounded???? Or is she still? :lol:

Badgepack
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
She did not get into any trouble with us. If the kids go to a party where alcohol is present, any kid that is caught gets a MIP citation, whether or not they were drinking. She wasn't drinking, she avoided trouble with the law, and got home safe. It was all good.

oregonpackfan
06-19-2007, 05:41 PM

The boy(man, as he was a legal adult) was in a large school of 1,800 from a neighboring suburban HS. That made it all the more worrisome for me.

GrnBay007
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
she avoided trouble with the law, and got home safe. It was all good.

So you are saying she was a fugitive? :shock:

j/k :P

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Were you 'aiding and abetting'????? :lol: