PDA

View Full Version : did we ever establish who the hacker was?

Partial
03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
just so we're clear on whom not to invite, who was the hacker?

Scott Campbell
03-31-2006, 06:06 PM

It was the Butler in the library with the candlestick.

imscott72
03-31-2006, 06:09 PM

It was the Butler in the library with the candlestick.

LOL, in other words, we have no freakin idea..

Partial
03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
what is the plan if they invade here/keep them out?

Scott Campbell
03-31-2006, 06:18 PM
what is the plan if they invade here.........

Tar and feathering.

Partial
03-31-2006, 06:28 PM
I would expect no less

billy_oliver880
03-31-2006, 06:33 PM
I blame it on the media. :shock:

Partial
03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
i blame it on extremely dramatic people

MadtownPacker
03-31-2006, 07:54 PM

Dont worry since we built it he will come, ha!

Invite anyone who wants to come.

Partial
03-31-2006, 09:17 PM
yeah no way am I doing that I don't want to deal with that guy

billy_oliver880
03-31-2006, 09:28 PM
I thought Barabas said dude was getting shut down?

jack's smirking revenge
04-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Barnabas did say that the dude was going to get shut down. Had local police and FBI on him, so he said. The hacker also said he was dying of colon cancer and had found JC and was going to leave us all alone. After the last few days, I don't know what is truth and "not truth". Best observe caution for now.

tyler

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 10:12 AM
i blame it on extremely dramatic people

thank you. People gave him the attention he wanted, so of course he kept doing it. I don't buy the line of what he told UNF either.

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Barnabas did say that the dude was going to get shut down. Had local police and FBI on him, so he said. The hacker also said he was dying of colon cancer and had found JC and was going to leave us all alone. After the last few days, I don't know what is truth and "not truth". Best observe caution for now.

tyler

Hmm. Found it interest. The newest registered member on C-E was
The newest registered user is The Cancer Won This Sux

KYPack
04-01-2006, 10:36 AM

tyler

Tyler,

I don't believe he was any danger of getting shut down.

As far as the "dying from cancer" tale, that is at least the second (or maybe 3rd) iteration of that story.

This whole hacker scenario woiuld be funny if it wasn't so sick,

I'm still pissed at Barnabus, but I imagine he was getting a lot of static & couldn't hack it anymore. He could've handled kit better, but he didn't.

So we travel on...........

Harlan Huckleby
04-01-2006, 11:32 AM
The hacker turned out to be "Jason" from the subways commercial. Guy got depressed, put the weight back on, turned to computer hacking.

AtownPackFan
04-01-2006, 11:41 AM
UpNorthFan/Banabas does not deserve the negative comments that have been flung is way by a few posters on the various boards. It is nice to see many of you appreciate what he did.

While I do not know the story of the past few days or exactly why the Packer Forum was deleted, he deserves nothing less then a major thank you.

If the owners of this board want the archived threads from C-E and Barnabas doesn't have any objection to them being provided, I have an archived copy of the C-E Packer Forum.

I will do nothing with them until Barnabas gave the ok as he put a lot of time and energy into making the Packer Forum work. Most, if not all, of you have no idea how much work he put into keeping that site "hacker" free.

He is a good man and he was dragged through and the coals for simply trying to help out. He not only dealt with people (or one person) trying to sabatoge his site, he dealt with personal attacks on other boards and harassing calls to his personal phone number.

Even to the day he decided to turn the Packer forum off, for whatever the reason, he was working with me to move the site to another server to avoid the down time he had experienced with his current host. He was paying for the site out of his own pocket with no intention of trying to make money off the site. He simply wanted a safe, fun place to talk Packer Football.

My hat is off to UpNorthFan, thank you for the opportunity to continue to talk (or in my case mostly read) Packer Football. He had no motive behind his actions, thought maybe the other topics on his site would interest someoe and maybe even provide them with the information and support to live a better life. Yes he had some word filters in place, can't blame him because of the nature of his site.

I hope the fences can mend and the hurt can disappear into the past. Everything could have been handled a little better......on everyone's part.