PDA

View Full Version : Religion is slavery?

PackerBlues
06-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I like to check out the video's on different websites, and ran across this one that caught my eye. It points out that most religions including christianity, are based on pagan sun worshiping.
Dont bite my head off, I am just pointing out something that I found interesting. According to the video, Jesus never even existed, and it backs it up with facts that are hard to put down. I myself, never really believed in a magical, all knowing, all powerful being that lives in the sky. But as it turns out, that is like saying that I dont believe in the Sun.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/110921/Zeitgeist_Part_1_of_3.html

Jimx29
06-19-2007, 12:14 PM
It's brainwashing, plain and simple :)

Tyrone Bigguns
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
It's brainwashing, plain and simple :)

I'm declaring a fatwah on the heretic cyberski. :twisted:

Joemailman
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM
There is a saying about religious faith: If you're not a believer, no explanation is possible. If you are a believer, no explanation is necessary.

Mazzin
06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Very good video! :bclap:

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Very good video! :bclap:

Please don't encourage him :roll: (Packerblues)!!!!

Kiwon
06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
JERUSALEM — Three-century-old manuscripts by Isaac Newton calculating the exact date of the apocalypse, detailing the precise dimensions of the ancient temple in Jerusalem and interpreting passages of the Bible — exhibited this week for the first time — lay bare the little-known religious intensity of a man many consider history's greatest scientist.

Newton, who died 280 years ago, is known for laying much of the groundwork for modern physics, astronomy, math and optics. But in a new Jerusalem exhibit, he appears as a scholar of deep faith who also found time to write on Jewish law — even penning a few phrases in careful Hebrew letters — and combing the Old Testament's Book of Daniel for clues about the world's end.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2007-06-19-newton-religious-papers_N.htm
.................................................. .....................

Religion is for the weak-minded. Newton was religious. Therefore, Newton was weak-minded.

Now, that that's out of the way.

There is no God. You are just a bunch of cosmic accidents. There is no meaning or significance to your existence. Global Warming will kill you by 2050. The U.N. said so and they are never wrong.

Now carry on with your pathetic, pointless lives. Have a good day.

PackerBlues
06-20-2007, 02:09 AM
JERUSALEM — Three-century-old manuscripts by Isaac Newton calculating the exact date of the apocalypse, detailing the precise dimensions of the ancient temple in Jerusalem and interpreting passages of the Bible — exhibited this week for the first time — lay bare the little-known religious intensity of a man many consider history's greatest scientist.

Newton, who died 280 years ago, is known for laying much of the groundwork for modern physics, astronomy, math and optics. But in a new Jerusalem exhibit, he appears as a scholar of deep faith who also found time to write on Jewish law — even penning a few phrases in careful Hebrew letters — and combing the Old Testament's Book of Daniel for clues about the world's end.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2007-06-19-newton-religious-papers_N.htm
.................................................. .....................

Religion is for the weak-minded. Newton was religious. Therefore, Newton was weak-minded.

There is no God. You are just a bunch of cosmic accidents. There is no meaning or significance to your existence. Global Warming will kill you by 2050. The U.N. said so and they are never wrong.

:bclap: Ha Ha Ha............dont hold back dude.......tell us how you really feel. :worship:

falco
06-20-2007, 06:26 AM

So your logic is that Newton was a genius. Newton was religious. Therefore religion is validated? :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2007, 02:55 PM

So your logic is that Newton was a genius. Newton was religious. Therefore religion is validated? :roll:

No, that isn't what he is saying.

I think it is more like: Religion is for geniuses. Newton was a genius. Newton is a delicious snack. Therefore only geniuses eat newtons. :roll:

Merlin
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
No no no...

Newton is delicious therefore genius because no God could have come up with them, therefore Newton is God!

There is no God huh? Hrmmm, glad you think so. Let me know how the last moments of your life go...

Religion is brain washing to a point. When young adults get old enough to think for themselves (men when they are 50 and women when they are 2 months old), I believe it's their choice to believe in what they want to. Both of my children are devote Catholics. I myself never pushed them into it and although my wife is a devote Catholic she never did either. I am just your run of the mill sin and repent Catholic (can you guess I repent A LOT). We don't force them to go to church or even to attend a Catholic School. They both had choices and they made theirs. I was a brain washed Catholic, very strict religious upbringing. Do I believe in God? Sure, do I believe in Jesus? Sure. Do I believe in them because of my upbringing, possibly but not entirely. My upbringing showed me one side and I investigated the other because I am just that kind of person. I normally and usually only believe what I can see, touch or smell. This is the one area where I have no problems vanquishing those principles. Everyone has a higher power. I don't care who the hell you think you are, you have one. Whether it be God, a rock, your parents, a friend, we ALL look up to someone and hence worship them. Just because your God is different then mine doesn't make me or you right or wrong. It's called freedom...deal with it...

Joemailman
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2007, 06:06 PM
No no no...

Newton is delicious therefore genius because no God could have come up with them, therefore Newton is God!

There is no God huh? Hrmmm, glad you think so. Let me know how the last moments of your life go...

Religion is brain washing to a point. When young adults get old enough to think for themselves (men when they are 50 and women when they are 2 months old), I believe it's their choice to believe in what they want to. Both of my children are devote Catholics. I myself never pushed them into it and although my wife is a devote Catholic she never did either. I am just your run of the mill sin and repent Catholic (can you guess I repent A LOT). We don't force them to go to church or even to attend a Catholic School. They both had choices and they made theirs. I was a brain washed Catholic, very strict religious upbringing. Do I believe in God? Sure, do I believe in Jesus? Sure. Do I believe in them because of my upbringing, possibly but not entirely. My upbringing showed me one side and I investigated the other because I am just that kind of person. I normally and usually only believe what I can see, touch or smell. This is the one area where I have no problems vanquishing those principles. Everyone has a higher power. I don't care who the hell you think you are, you have one. Whether it be God, a rock, your parents, a friend, we ALL look up to someone and hence worship them. Just because your God is different then mine doesn't make me or you right or wrong. It's called freedom...deal with it...

Is god a fig newton or berry newton?

Freak Out
06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
If God made us in his image then God is dumb and ugly.

Little Whiskey
06-21-2007, 08:37 PM

speak for yourself

Freak Out
06-21-2007, 08:44 PM

speak for yourself

It took someone long enough.

mraynrand
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Is god a fig newton or berry newton?

It really depends on what your source of truth is. Revelation is different than Aristotelian essences, for example. And there is a huge gulf between belief in god and belief in one of the 30,000 plus absolutely true religions of mankind. But if you want to believe in God, there are plenty of good reasons to do so. What god intends for us and how he relates to us on a personal level is not really bumpersticker material. However, if Spinoza had a bumper sticker it might read: "There is but one substance and that substance is God."

That's my collection of loosely related semi-drunk thoughts on the issue of god for tonight.