PDA

View Full Version : A ticket scam?

GBRulz
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Guys, I was inquiring about some Packer tickets and I received this response. It sounds too good to be true, I mean why would someone from the UK sell season tickets below face value? These tickets he is selling have a face value of $72 ea. I'm usually pretty internet shopping savvy, if you will, but I know Square Trade is a reputable company to use as an escrow. Wondering what your thoughts are on this?

Hi,

The total price for 4 Green Bay Packer Season Tickets.is $1700.(or $850 for 2 season tickets)
All the seats are together in Sec 111 Row 13 . This is for all 10 Games, this includes two pre-season games.
I sell them for my boss. He is from USA. Right now we are located in LONDON, UK
with some business problems and my boss will not arrive in time that's why I'm selling
the tickets for him. He bought them trough his company so don't worry the tickets are
genuine. Beside this we will use a safe scheme.
We will use Square Trade to handle this. They will act like a 3rd party in this deal like
Escrow.
We will use Western Union as a method of payment and Fed Ex as a shipping method.
Here are in few words the deal steps:
Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts Square Trade Center with the transaction details; Square Trade Center accepts the
transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no
further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
The buyer deposit the payment at a Western Union office.
After the payment is deposited, the Square Trade Center will released the notification that the transfer details are received. After buyer receives the merchandise has five days to inspect it.
If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise.
If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact Square Trade Center with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the money from Western Union is retired after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified.
If you decide to keep the merchandise you will provide the transfer details to the seller in order to pick his money.
Attention: Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to refund.
The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Square Trade security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given involving circumstances globally, drawing on both internal assessments and the support of government agencies.
Their constant priority is for the safety of their people, their customers, and public. Square Trade always tries to fulfill its customers' need.
If you agree with my terms please drop me your full name and address so we can start the deal.
ATTENTION: IN CONCLUSION THE MONEY STAY AT WU UNTIL THE BUYER RECEIVE THE TICKETS ARE IT IS SATISFIED ABOUT THEM.
Shipping will be done trough Fed Ex overnight delivery. It will take about 24 hours to reach your location.

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THEM EMAIL ME BACK WITH:

YOUR FULL NAME:.......
YOUR ADRESS:...
CITY:...
STATE:...
ZIP CODE:....
EMAIL ADDRESS:....

Thank you

MJZiggy
06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I wouldn't touch that...

Jimx29
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't do that with your money

packinpatland
06-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Apparently this person doesn't speak/write English very well, and if this person is speaking on behalf of his/her boss, well.............something doesn't seem right.
Altho, a few years ago I passed up a timeshare on Nantucket because it was 'too cheap' and the person's ad 'sounded' like a scam. Well, my next door neighbor now spends 6 weeks total (2 week intervals) on the island for next to nothing. :roll:
Investigate!!!!

retailguy
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
All 10 games... Hmmm. He hasn't heard of the "gold package" and the "green package"?

Scam. You've got one or the other, but not both. Even if he had tix for both packages - he's got the same seats? Mmmhmm. Right.

Zool
06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....duck

MadtownPacker
06-20-2007, 11:42 AM
You have to go with your gut feeling or you will hate yourself for getting ganked. If you lose out on a deal you can always make another one.

BallHawk
06-20-2007, 02:45 PM
:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Honorable GBRulz,

I am writing to you from Lagos, Nigeria. I am the esteemed Tyrone Bigguns Esquire. Recently a Mr. and Mrs. Rulz died in a plane accident. Mr. Rulz was a chief engineer with the Nigerian Oil Exploration Company........ :twisted:

MJZiggy
06-20-2007, 03:11 PM
That's easy to spot as a fake!!!! The grammar's too good!!